IGNORED

HQPlayer Linux Desktop and HQplayer embedded

ted_b

24 minutes ago, AudioDoctor said:

This might be the dumbest question of the day, but I've been googling and can't find an answer. How do I reach a command line to shutdown the hqplayerd process? I can access the web page.

You need to login from local console as "root" and then do

systemctl disable hqplayerd
systemctl stop hqplayerd

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

27 minutes ago, Miska said:

You need to login from local console as "root" and then do

systemctl disable hqplayerd
systemctl stop hqplayerd

Thanks Miska. Will that persist through a reboot? Not that it happens often, but needing to dig out a keyboard and monitor to enter those two commands would get tedious.

Right now on my Raspberry Pi4 the OS sounds better than the plain NAA image. Additionally, I have plans for an uber NAA.

No electron left behind.

6 hours ago, AudioDoctor said:

but needing to dig out a keyboard and monitor to enter those two commands would get tedious.

… but you can use your tablet (Apple iPad ) and install some ssh app.

I use Termius - SSH Client, free simple and effective 

You could use also PiHelper, despite it is rpi oriented it works on Ubuntu too and let you save for each device as many commands you need

Stefano

My audio system

Guess it's not an OT here, but just curious if anyone has succeed to shutdown PC running NAA on Ubuntu 20.4 by pressing power knob once? I only can do this, despite the propriate power setting, by holding the knob for some seconds until the PC is powered down, sometimes it's like annoying... Looks like shutting down with power knob doesn't work in Ubuntu at all..(?)

10 hours ago, AudioDoctor said:

Thanks Miska. Will that persist through a reboot? Not that it happens often, but needing to dig out a keyboard and monitor to enter those two commands would get tedious.

Yes, first one disables the service at startup and second one stops it for the current boot.

10 hours ago, AudioDoctor said:

Right now on my Raspberry Pi4 the OS sounds better than the plain NAA image. Additionally, I have plans for an uber NAA.

On RPi the differences in OS are minimal. HQPlayer OS just contains more stuff than the NAA image. On x64 the differences between images are bigger.

8 hours ago, stefano_mbp said:

… but you can use your tablet (Apple iPad ) and install some ssh app.

I use Termius - SSH Client, free simple and effective 

You could use also PiHelper, despite it is rpi oriented it works on Ubuntu too and let you save for each device as many commands you need

SSH is not enabled on the HQPLayer OS as far as I can tell, nor do I need to.

No electron left behind.

6 hours ago, skipspence said:

Guess it's not an OT here, but just curious if anyone has succeed to shutdown PC running NAA on Ubuntu 20.4 by pressing power knob once? I only can do this, despite the propriate power setting, by holding the knob for some seconds until the PC is powered down, sometimes it's like annoying... Looks like shutting down with power knob doesn't work in Ubuntu at all..(?)

Yes it does work for me, if you are on Ubuntu Server. If you are holding power button for 4 seconds, it powers the system down without performing proper shutdown. Short press will initiate shutdown.

If it doesn't work for you, check that you have "acpid" package installed. Hardware uses ACPI to signal power button presses to the OS. If it still doesn't work, check your BIOS settings.

6 hours ago, stefano_mbp said:

@skipspence have you tried this?

20372881-BEC9-4F18-8F58-C8871F897142.jpeg

That would exist only if you are on a Desktop Ubuntu, but on Server you don't have any graphical interface, just the regular text console.

Running HQPlayer Embedded on a graphical desktop system is different, in such case you should disable the hqplayerd service and instead start the daemon under your user session on terminal window. Not really a recommended way for using Embedded, but it works (I do it only for development purposes).

...since one major point of Embedded is specifically to get rid of any graphical desktop...

On 8/20/2021 at 12:29 AM, The Computer Audiophile said:

Given that HQP OS doesn't support CUDA offload, I've been thinking about trying it on a powerful NUC.

Question: Does anyone know if a powerful NUC running HQP OS can handle high rate upsampling PCM / DSD and ASDM7EC modulator?

I am using NUC11 i7 pro. If the dsd256 7ec xtr-mp is switched on, there will be a pause for several tens of seconds, and the interval will be shorter when the time is longer. Because its heat dissipation is not good, it will reduce the frequency. Unless you modify the fan yourself.

23 hours ago, skipspence said:

I'm not sure if below method works.

https://unix.stackexchange.com/a/473626

I have tried many other options on Ubuntu Desktop 20.04.2 LTS and above is the only one works for me.

Hope it helps.

RoonROCK: NUC8i5 Akasa case > HQPlayer OS in HDPlex H3V3 case - i7-14700K > Oratek TOFU Raspberry Pi CM4  - Jussi's NAA OS > Holo Spring 3 L2 DAC with Preamp > DIY EL84PP amp > Snell Type E/III speakers

Ubiquiti EdgerouterX SFP / Sonore Optical Module / Linear Power Supply for all

16 hours ago, Miska said:

That is bad idea since it lacks proper shutdown procedure. It is equivalent of pulling out the power cord.

On Ubuntu 20.4 I try to run networkaudiod only to get my optical Solarflare card working...

If I try Ubuntu Server am I able to install networkaudiod_3.6.0-42_armhf.deb so that it automatically starts when I start the PC and what are the commands?

Would Ubuntu Server support my optical then?...

Or would it better to install Linux Mint instead and would it shut down by pressing power knob once then?

Sorry for too many questions in hope to get a right solution at once...😁

1 hour ago, skipspence said:

If I try Ubuntu Server am I able to install networkaudiod_3.6.0-42_armhf.deb so that it automatically starts when I start the PC

3.6.0 is very old, and "armhf" package is for ARM architecture CPUs. Based on your network interface, I would say it is unlikely that you are on "armhf" architecture.

and what are the commands?

It should come enabled by default, but "sudo systemctl enable networkaudiod ; sudo start networkaudiod"

Or would it better to install Linux Mint instead and would it shut down by pressing power knob once then?

What is your reason to use a NAA?

18 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I notice this message on my HQP OS machine. Not sure what’s up with it. 

TCP: request_sock_TCP: Possible SYN flooding on port 8088. Sending cookies. Check SNMP counters.

Something is trying a lot to establish connection to 8088 port and leaving the connection attempts danglig. But on HQPlayer OS there's not even anything on that port.

On regular Ubuntu/Fedora, hqplayerd web interface would be on that port.