IGNORED

HQPlayer Linux Desktop and HQplayer embedded

ted_b

1 hour ago, Miska said:

Not detected at all, or something else?

Current HQPlayer OS is based on 5.10 series kernel.

This is the output of ifconfig on my CAPS Twenty machine when I boot up the latest version of HQP OS.

I have two network cards. One Marvell 10GbE and one Intel I225-V. No eth0, only the br0 but no IP address. Same results with only the Intel NIC connected. 

IMG_2113.JPG

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

hi miska!

sudo systemctl status hqplayerd
● hqplayerd.service - HQPlayer Embedded daemon
     Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/hqplayerd.service; enabled; vendor pre>
     Active: activating (auto-restart) (Result: exit-code) since Wed 2021-08-18>
    Process: 4177 ExecStart=/usr/bin/hqplayerd (code=exited, status=127)
   Main PID: 4177 (code=exited, status=127)

what is iron with me.

8 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I have two network cards. One Marvell 10GbE and one Intel I225-V. No eth0, only the br0 but no IP address. Same results with only the Intel NIC connected. 

IMG_2113.JPG

Looks like neither one is detected. Intel 10 Gbps adapters should work though. Sometimes it takes time for drivers to propagate to the kernel, so using very latest controller models can be problematic. For most bleeding edge driver support you can take Fedora 34 Server and make a minimal install of it and then install networkaudiod package on it.

IIRC, I have for example I219-v adapters that work fine.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

1 minute ago, tieuphi2006 said:

sudo systemctl status hqplayerd
● hqplayerd.service - HQPlayer Embedded daemon
     Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/hqplayerd.service; enabled; vendor pre>
     Active: activating (auto-restart) (Result: exit-code) since Wed 2021-08-18>
    Process: 4177 ExecStart=/usr/bin/hqplayerd (code=exited, status=127)
   Main PID: 4177 (code=exited, status=127)

what is iron with me.

That only tells the process has terminated, but not the reason...

12 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Could be a firmware issue with the motherboard and the I225-V. Researching now. 

Oh, by the way, which variant of the latest HQPlayer OS are you using? "x64gen" or "x64amd"? If your CPU supports AVX2, please try the "x64amd" one. One difference is that x64gen uses 5.4 kernel since the UAC2 support works on that, but got broken in 5.10 kernel used in x64amd.

1 minute ago, Miska said:

Oh, by the way, which variant of the latest HQPlayer OS are you using? "x64gen" or "x64amd"? If your CPU supports AVX2, please try the "x64amd" one. One difference is that x64gen uses 5.4 kernel since the UAC2 support works on that, but got broken in 5.10 kernel used in x64amd.

Ah, I used x64gen. My CPU is the i9 10900

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/199332/intel-core-i9-10900k-processor-20m-cache-up-to-5-30-ghz.html

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

1 hour ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Just tried x64amd and no luck. Same result.

Baseline config I was using didn't seem to have I225 driver enabled which seems to be a completely new driver. I went through ethernet drivers and enabled bunch of new drivers, including number of 10 GbE ones. I have now updated the latest HQPlayer OS builds, please re-download, should work now.

1 hour ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Ah, I used x64gen. My CPU is the i9 10900

For latest hardware, "x64amd" may have better support. But on Intel CPUs you can compare to "x64gen" build and see if there are performance differences.

27 minutes ago, Miska said:

Baseline config I was using didn't seem to have I225 driver enabled which seems to be a completely new driver. I went through ethernet drivers and enabled bunch of new drivers, including number of 10 GbE ones. I have now updated the latest HQPlayer OS builds, please re-download, should work now.

For latest hardware, "x64amd" may have better support. But on Intel CPUs you can compare to "x64gen" build and see if there are performance differences.

Bingo. Works with the I225-V and Marvell 10G adapters.

I have a USB drive connected to HQP OS machine and most of the folders on the drive can't be seen by HQP OS for some reason. The drive is formatted exFAT. Also, some of the folders appear with wrong names. For example I have a PCM folder that is listed as "PCMerfect Circl" That's like a combination of PCM and A Perfect Circle folders. 

Any ideas?

23 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I have a USB drive connected to HQP OS machine and most of the folders on the drive can't be seen by HQP OS for some reason. The drive is formatted exFAT. Also, some of the folders appear with wrong names. For example I have a PCM folder that is listed as "PCMerfect Circl" That's like a combination of PCM and A Perfect Circle folders. 

Are you looking it through the auto-mount point under /run/media? I don't have much experience with exFAT. Maybe there are some differences between different implementations or something.

If you can, best media for storing content for HQPlayer OS is ext4 filesystem.

1 minute ago, Miska said:

Are you looking it through the auto-mount point under /run/media? I don't have much experience with exFAT. Maybe there are some differences between different implementations or something.

If you can, best media for storing content for HQPlayer OS is ext4 filesystem.

Yeah, I'm looking through /run/media ...

When I told HQP to scan it, it only sees what I can see via command line. 

21 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Yeah, I'm looking through /run/media ...

When I told HQP to scan it, it only sees what I can see via command line. 

Is this the result with x64amd build that has newer kernel version? I try to look if I find any info on exFAT Linux implementation problems. But it is all stock things inside the kernel...