IGNORED

HQPlayer Linux Desktop and HQplayer embedded

ted_b

30 minutes ago, tieuphi2006 said:

how to use smb network share configuration

share: 192.168.0.41/music (ip nas synology)

username: guest

password: 12346@a

but i can't find local add libary.. its true or fail

thank miska.

Add the network mount, then on the library page do a scan on /smb

Screen Shot 2021-08-18 at 10.02.00 PM.png

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

1 hour ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I just installed HQP Embedded / HQP OS image on an NVMe drive in my CAPS Twenty server and it's fantastic. It's now a dual boot with Windows 10 Pro and HQP OS. Works awesome. 

Thanks Chris, I was just going to ask this again. What, if anything special, did you have to do to install it on the NVMe drive?

No electron left behind.

4 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

It was beyond simple. I have that USB NVMe enclosure that I wrote about a few months ago. I just put an NVMe drive in there, used balenaEtcher to write the image to the drive, then put the drive in CAPS Twenty's 2nd M.2 slot. 

I also think I can write the image directly to the NVMe drive in the M.2 socket if I boot into Windows. Haven't tried it, but will when HQPe is updated. 

I like it when things are simple...

edit: Does the OS come with CUDA ready to go?

No electron left behind.

8 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I also think I can write the image directly to the NVMe drive in the M.2 socket if I boot into Windows. Haven't tried it, but will when HQPe is updated. 

Fedora Workstation or Ubuntu Desktop live image (installation image) is good for the purpose. Assuming one is familiar with Linux. No need to install anything, just boot to the live image desktop and then use it to write the image file to some suitable internal storage.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

6 hours ago, AudioDoctor said:

I wonder if it can be installed.

Not really, Nvidia driver on purpose refuses to work on realtime kernel used on HQPlayer OS (and NAA OS).

Another reason I don't include it is that Nvidia of course doesn't officially support HQPlayer OS, and I don't want it to become blocker for what ever I want to do with the OS. Which it potentially could.

1 hour ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

The processor specs show it as a 28W chip which seems too low to me to do what you want. The problem with all NUCs is low wattage processors (compared to desktop processors) and of course the cooling fan noise issue. The only way to find out for sure is of course to buy and try.

18 hours ago, bobflood said:

The processor specs show it as a 28W chip which seems too low to me to do what you want. The problem with all NUCs is low wattage processors (compared to desktop processors) and of course the cooling fan noise issue. The only way to find out for sure is of course to buy and try.

You might be surprised, I've managed to get poly-sinc-short-mp running on an i7 DHNE (quad i7 something) at DSD 512 rates although the first cold start did take a good minute.  Was actually fine after this mind.

1 hour ago, Miska said:

Yes, it is outdated, that's why you should check the official source of information:

https://rocmdocs.amd.com/en/latest/Installation_Guide/Installation-Guide.html#ubuntu

Is this what is needed before installing key ?   

sudo apt update

sudo apt dist-upgrade

sudo apt install libnuma-dev

sudo reboot

12 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Is this what is needed before installing key ?   

sudo apt update

sudo apt dist-upgrade

sudo apt install libnuma-dev

sudo reboot

No, you only need to fetch the key (if you don't already have). Add the repository (if you don't already have it). And then do "sudo apt update".

This enables "sudo apt install -f" to find the dependencies.

38 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

This is a fresh install.Grabbed key and repository from the web page.From my script how can you tell it is out of date ?

You need to compare it to the web page. And for example AMD recently changed the package signing key which resulted in "apt update" to begin failing for the ROCm repository - indicating that something has gone out of date.

52 minutes ago, AudioDoctor said:

@Miska If the HQPlayer oS is used as an NAA does it require an embedded license?

No, HQPlayer license includes licenses for as many NAAs as you need. HQPlayer Embedded on the image requires license, but the NAA functionality doesn't require a separate one.

Just disable hqplayerd on the image so it doesn't run there unnecessarily.

12 minutes ago, Miska said:

No, HQPlayer license includes licenses for as many NAAs as you need. HQPlayer Embedded on the image requires license, but the NAA functionality doesn't require a separate one.

Just disable hqplayerd on the image so it doesn't run there unnecessarily.

This might be the dumbest question of the day, but I've been googling and can't find an answer. How do I reach a command line to shutdown the hqplayerd process? I can access the web page.

No electron left behind.