IGNORED

HQPlayer Linux Desktop and HQplayer embedded

ted_b

5 minutes ago, bobflood said:

Chris, (and FYI for others with ASUS MBs) when you get ready to upgrade to Win 11/64 remember to update your UEFI/BIOS first. As I mentioned before, ASUS has a new BIOS with full support for Win 11. This will activate the TPM 2.0 module on your MB and also turn on Secure Boot among other things. Win 11 requires this for proper function. To be able to continue to boot your secondary drives using legacy boot rules you will need to configure the ASUS Legacy Module. This is in the Boot section of the BIOS. You should be able to set the rules for each drive separately and still retain Secure Boot on the primary Win 11 drive. You may also want to consider upgrading using the ISO image method rather than using Windows Update. You will for sure get a clean upgrade that way. I have been on Win 11 since the beginning using the DEV channel and I have had only a few minor glitches along the way. Roon and HQP run together on Win 11 far better than they ever did on Win 10. This is much more than a cosmetic makeover. Hope this helps! 

Thanks Bob!

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

8 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Hi Guys, I'm running HQP OS, does anyone know if it's possible to mount another NVMe drive with local content, in HQP OS? I know it's a stripped down OS and I'm guessing I can't do it, but thought I'd ask. 

All supported filesystems are auto-mounted under /run/media, which you can find as default under Library search path drop list.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

15 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Are you able to set power setting in Ubuntu like windows balanced ,peformance etc

Not exactly in the same way, there's no exactly same concept on Linux. For CPU frequency adjustments you can have different governors. Default is usually "ondemand" which works just fine.

3 minutes ago, AudioDoctor said:

@Miska I am trying to get my head around working with embedded before my new machine arrives and I am having a heck of a time getting embedded to mount my smb share.

What's the trick?

HQPlayer OS?

On NetworkShares link you specify the share path, for example "//myserver/myshare" then you specify username and password for the account to access it. Once done, it'll appear under /smb mount point (you can scan this for library).

1 minute ago, Miska said:

HQPlayer OS?

On NetworkShares link you specify the share path, for example "//myserver/myshare" then you specify username and password for the account to access it. Once done, it'll appear under /smb mount point (you can scan this for library).

yes, the OS

do I add in the "smb://" before the address?

right now, this is what I am doing

"smb://10.0.0.60"

and then my username and password. I have the console open in a different monitor and it's not mounted, obviously.

No electron left behind.

16 minutes ago, AudioDoctor said:

do I add in the "smb://" before the address?

right now, this is what I am doing

"smb://10.0.0.60"

and then my username and password. I have the console open in a different monitor and it's not mounted, obviously.

No, it would be "//10.0.0.60", but it is missing the share name. It has only IP now, you also need to have the share name.

8 minutes ago, Miska said:

No, it would be "//10.0.0.60", but it is missing the share name. It has only IP now, you also need to have the share name.

would that be //10.0.0.60/Music ? or am I misunderstanding what share name is? 

edit: in this case Music is the folder (ZFS pool) where the music is on the machine its trying to pull from, and is also shared as an SMB share 

No electron left behind.

6 minutes ago, AudioDoctor said:

would that be //10.0.0.60/Music ? or am I misunderstanding what share name is? 

edit: in this case Music is the folder (ZFS pool) where the music is on the machine its trying to pull from, and is also shared as an SMB share 

It could be, or it could be different. SMB server has abstract names for one or more shares. Check your Samba configuration how the share is called.

This is how mine looks like in /etc/samba/smb.conf (Debian 11):

[music]
  comment = Music directory
  path = /music/music
  read only = yes

In this case share is called "music" and it points to "/music/music" path on the filesystem.

Would it be possible to add a feature to hqplayer embedded that makes it show up as an ALSA device? This would allow use with airplay (and also streaming services if added to the desktop version as well) without additional hardware. 

this would also make hqplayer compatible with every audio player or just all desktop sound in general.

9 hours ago, Spacecase said:

Would it be possible to add a feature to hqplayer embedded that makes it show up as an ALSA device? This would allow use with airplay (and also streaming services if added to the desktop version as well) without additional hardware. 

this would also make hqplayer compatible with every audio player or just all desktop sound in general.

You mean externally or locally? You can use the ALSA loopback plugin for local sounds. Externally it already supports behaving like a USB Audio Class device (DAC), but that naturally requires that you have hardware that can operate in USB device role.

But certainly easiest and most flexible is to use RME ADI-2 Pro for input. You get three digital inputs with automatic sample rate switching, plus analog input for analog sources.

On 7/7/2020 at 5:12 AM, Miska said:

On HQPlayer OS, there's an option in HQPlayer web interface to add a network share that will automatically get mounted on each reboot.

Can I get a hand with this? I don't know how to enter the share information into the form.

I have a NAS at 192.168.1.18/Media/audio/downloads and a UN and PW.

Can you tell me what to put in the fields? I usually add this to fstab.

TY!

Qobuz - HQPlayer(d) 5 - M1 Mini - RPI 5 8gb - Nuc i7 - Signature Silver DC - Keces P3 PS - Lush USB - Holo Spring Dac - SRC-DX - Chord Mojo2 - Bottlehead Crack Upgraded w/ GEC or Tung-Sol 6as7/vt231 - Triode Wire Labs AC - HD-650 - GR Research V2 - Dennis Murphy Pioneer BS22 - B&W 602 S2 - Apple Music Spatial 7.1.4

My path on a windows PC is 

\\ODROIDXU4-2\Media\audio\downloads

How do I enter this in?

Qobuz - HQPlayer(d) 5 - M1 Mini - RPI 5 8gb - Nuc i7 - Signature Silver DC - Keces P3 PS - Lush USB - Holo Spring Dac - SRC-DX - Chord Mojo2 - Bottlehead Crack Upgraded w/ GEC or Tung-Sol 6as7/vt231 - Triode Wire Labs AC - HD-650 - GR Research V2 - Dennis Murphy Pioneer BS22 - B&W 602 S2 - Apple Music Spatial 7.1.4