IGNORED

HQPlayer Linux Desktop and HQplayer embedded

ted_b

1 hour ago, jiminlogansquare said:

I followed this advice (actually, @mitchco graciously assisted me in doing this work). The split filters work beautifully in HQPlayer. In fact, similar to when I moved DSD conversion/upsampling out of Roon and into HQPlayer, I am finding that the process runs more efficiently such that I am now able to use poly-sinc-ext3 with Nx Oversampling, which would cause occasional dropouts when I was running the convolution filter in Roon. So, a nice improvement. Thanks!

I highly recommend HQPDcontrolV4 on iOS for remote control. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

4 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I highly recommend HQPDcontrolV4 on iOS for remote control. 

Thanks, that looks like a good tool. Any suggestions on a fast and easy bulk ALAC to FLAC convertor that runs on Windows and I could just point toward the music folder on my sonicTransporter? Would be excellent if it would dig into all subfolders to identify and convert files automatically. 

2 minutes ago, jiminlogansquare said:

Thanks, that looks like a good tool. Any suggestions on a fast and easy bulk ALAC to FLAC convertor that runs on Windows and I could just point toward the music folder on my sonicTransporter? Would be excellent if it would dig into all subfolders to identify and convert files automatically. 

dBPoweramp. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Well, OK. I have now converted all my ALAC/M4A files to FLAC, and deleted the duplicate ALAC files. Now, I need help getting those files imported to the HQPlayer library. The screenshot below shows the blank field I need to fill; everything I try putting in there fails to get any files imported. What am I failing to understand?

image.thumb.png.fbf0c9d6834acf7464050ce080de1dcd.png

Here is a screenshot of the folder/file path where my music resides on my sonicTransporter:

image.thumb.png.6fb63e08bc278756c9b2e4614aeedc82.png

1 minute ago, jiminlogansquare said:

Well, OK. I have now converted all my ALAC/M4A files to FLAC, and deleted the duplicate ALAC files. Now, I need help getting those files imported to the HQPlayer library. The screenshot below shows the blank field I need to fill; everything I try putting in there fails to get any files imported. What am I failing to understand?

Here is a screenshot of the folder/file path where my music resides on my sonicTransporter:

I believe you can put in /storage and it will scan your local sT drive.

On 8/26/2021 at 9:40 PM, The Computer Audiophile said:

OK, just confirming that the music stopped playing :~)

Linux server running both Roon and HQPlayer. All music stored on the SSD of the Linux server. DAC connected via USB to the server as well. Only network activity is remote control telling Roon to start playback. 

Next is to stop Roon from running on the Linux server to see if HQP plays fine. Last time I used only HQP I didn't stop Roon from running and I had the same issue. 

Have you come up with any remedy? I'm having the same problem. I've tried everything I know to try. I've tried with HQPlayer running in Audiolinux and running the HQPlayer OS image. Same sesults on both.

On 9/6/2021 at 11:28 AM, jiminlogansquare said:

Click NetworkMounts and enter the ip address and directory name of the shared directory. Click apply.

091843j0hrmr55gg9dbis8.jpg.518629f9f0b65b167738a5d05ebd4be0.jpg

Found success

091844gaqhlhq5haccqla5.jpg.54e4cf87070655bdea19ff9f38c9c2d9.jpg

Then to hq os, enter : df -h

1671443678_QQ20210716095211.thumb.jpg.291eecdb5cdf0b5a9e790942d4296f27.jpg

1462511082_QQ20210907233403.thumb.png.7a09795ca2b47a90c2ee92f2af5da587.png

1054100766_QQ20210907233715.png.b7fccba97e41efd4ac7048a5abc9c00f.png

the path you can enter more like /run/media/sda1/

4 hours ago, fishflower said:

Click NetworkMounts and enter the ip address and directory name of the shared directory. Click apply.

091843j0hrmr55gg9dbis8.jpg.518629f9f0b65b167738a5d05ebd4be0.jpg

Found success

091844gaqhlhq5haccqla5.jpg.54e4cf87070655bdea19ff9f38c9c2d9.jpg

Then to hq os, enter : df -h

1671443678_QQ20210716095211.thumb.jpg.291eecdb5cdf0b5a9e790942d4296f27.jpg

1054100766_QQ20210907233715.png.b7fccba97e41efd4ac7048a5abc9c00f.png

the path you can enter more like /run/media/sda1/

From the "df" output you can see that the SMB mount you made is mounted under /smb as I said earlier (not under /run/media).

Local media is auto-mounted under /run/media and you can just scan plain /run/media to get everything that has been auto-mounted in the library. No need to enter any commands on console.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

11 hours ago, Miska said:

From the "df" output you can see that the SMB mount you made is mounted under /smb as I said earlier (not under /run/media).

Local media is auto-mounted under /run/media and you can just scan plain /run/media to get everything that has been auto-mounted in the library. No need to enter any commands on console.

Oh, sorry, it's /smb, you can enter /smb,smb/grandfather,/smb/grandfather/father/,/smb/grandfather/father/son.......  as you like

511163276_QQ20210908151851.jpg.a163c71ba0114f93b6680b81115ba7ab.jpg

I can't seem to get HQplayer embedded up and running on Ubuntu server (Focal).

The service crashes with the following error:

/usr/bin/hqplayerd: error while loading shared libraries: libamdhip64.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Any thoughts on what is going on?  I don't have a GPU--this is running on an Intel NUC 10.

29 minutes ago, paulie said:

/usr/bin/hqplayerd: error while loading shared libraries: libamdhip64.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Any thoughts on what is going on?  I don't have a GPU--this is running on an Intel NUC 10.

Make sure you’ve install all the rocm stuff. 

1 hour ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Make sure you’ve install all the rocm stuff. 

Thank you!  That rocm stuff has been a real thorn in my side with trying to get things up and running.

There's a few lines of code that I don't understand in your installation guide (which worked perfectly, BTW)--the lines having to do with the rocm library and ldconfig and all that jazz.

Anyway, time to install the low-latency kernal.

5 minutes ago, paulie said:

Thank you!  That rocm stuff has been a real thorn in my side with trying to get things up and running.

There's a few lines of code that I don't understand in your installation guide (which worked perfectly, BTW)--the lines having to do with the rocm library and ldconfig and all that jazz.

Anyway, time to install the low-latency kernal.

The original error you had was discussed in this thread (link below). Just an FYI.

12 hours ago, paulie said:

https://rocmdocs.amd.com/en/latest/Installation_Guide/Installation-Guide.html#ubuntu

Thank you everyone for your help! I had to go through this process because a few weeks ago I had a strange problem--I had Ubuntu server 20.04 and HQplayer embedded running smoothly for several months, no issues.  Then HQPlayer wasn't available on my network and it all went downhill from there.  I don't know what caused the problem (package upgrade? Did I mess up a repository? who knows), but re-insalling Ubuntu and following @The Computer Audiophile's guide got things up and running again.

Quick question: can I choose a NAA endpoint via HQPDcontrolV4?  Or is that only available to choose on the Embeded web interface?

I have an Intel X520-DA2 NIC in my computer which is running HQPlayer OS with HQPlayer Embedded (networkaudiod is disabled, as I‘m using an Up Gateway as NAA). The NIC has two SFP+ ports, one of which is connected with optical to my switch, so I have disabled one SFP+ port in Windows when booting the PC with Windows 10 Pro.

I‘m not too literate in Linux, but from the below ifconfig screenshot I think I see that both ports are bridged, right? @Miska, would you agree that this is less than ideal when running HQPlayer Embedded? Would it be preferrable to disable the second port in HQPlayer OS (would need to understand then how this is done)?

83A4CC81-D495-48D5-8861-0AEA684BC206.jpeg

I know this has been asked for previously but I’ll put my vote in for it as well. I’d really love a reboot button in HQP OS. I had a DAC that was acting strange and every time I tried to play an unsupported track, HQP OS would start acting strange. For example, on the library web page I clicked the play button for a single track. The whole page turned white. Once this happens, I need to reboot the machine to get it to come back. I was trying to play music to my headphone system, far from my HQP OS machine. When troubleshooting, I had to go upstairs to the machine to reboot it rather than a simple reboot link next to the shutdown link. 

The last thing I’d like to see is links at the top of each page. The links at the bottom are good, but when browsing the library page with a few thousand albums, it’s a bit ridiculous to scroll all the way down. I could hit the back button, but that’s a bit odd when I don’t want to go back, I want to go to a different page. Duplicating the links at the top and bottom would be useful. 

On 9/23/2021 at 3:57 PM, Bertel said:

I‘m not too literate in Linux, but from the below ifconfig screenshot I think I see that both ports are bridged, right? @Miska, would you agree that this is less than ideal when running HQPlayer Embedded? Would it be preferrable to disable the second port in HQPlayer OS (would need to understand then how this is done)?

Yes, but it is not plug-and-play anymore at that point. You then need to explicitly tell systemd-networkd which interface to use and leave unused ones explicitly disabled. Otherwise hqplayerd won't start because it will be waiting for network interfaces to come up.

Here's a documentation page where to start looking at:

https://systemd.network/systemd.network.html

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers