3 hours ago, Cornan said:

It looks like the BluWave USB to Spdif board will soon be sent out. I just changed the NZ2520SD oscillators to NZ2520SDA on the board for an additional charge. Just as well make it as good as it can get! ?

30hs9qq.thumb.jpg.4edebd751525072405695b296f27bca8.jpg

I've got one on order too @Cornan :) . Lucian has upgraded the isolator too as he found it is not good enough plus the new NDK oscillator, should be worth the extra cost. Beware there are some problems with some versions of Linux based systems though.

Topaz 2.5Kva Isolation Transformer > EtherRegen switch powered by Paul Hynes SR4 LPS >MacBook Pro 2013 > EC Designs PowerDac SX > TNT UBYTE-2 Speaker cables > Omega Super Alnico Monitors > 2x Rel T Zero Subwoofers. 

16 minutes ago, tapatrick said:

I've got one on order too @Cornan :) . Lucian has upgraded the isolator too as he found it is not good enough plus the new NDK oscillator, should be worth the extra cost. Beware there are some problems with some versions of Linux based systems though.

I am very excited to see how the BluWave turns out! ? Lucian have been very good informing me of any issues and holding my order until he have checked up that it works with my specific softwares and get the initial ticking issues sorted out. I will only use it for Windows 10 pro and apparently it have never been any problems with Windows, just some Linux versions. Anyway, it will be interesting to compare our impressions of the BluWave PCB. The delivery seems to be just around the corner! ?

BTW. My isolators is also changed and thanks for the BluWave tip. I would'nt know about it if you did'nt mention it to me! ?

🎛️  Audio System  

28 minutes ago, Cornan said:

I would'nt know about it if you did'nt mention it to me! ?

As always its great to share discoveries, you set the standard @cornan with your unending enthusiasm. Looking forward to comparing Bluewave notes soon... :)

Topaz 2.5Kva Isolation Transformer > EtherRegen switch powered by Paul Hynes SR4 LPS >MacBook Pro 2013 > EC Designs PowerDac SX > TNT UBYTE-2 Speaker cables > Omega Super Alnico Monitors > 2x Rel T Zero Subwoofers. 

55 minutes ago, TubeMan said:

interesting to hear,
how would you describe the sound difference,

What sound do you want ,,
the digital sharp or one with analogue
sound

The F-1, by itself, did not offer the same wide and deep soundstage, instrument separation, or the level of detail. It took the ISO Regen/LPS combo to add that to the F-1.

I like clarity, detail, and overall accuracy. But I don't want a clinical sound. In fact, I won't stand for it.I like a bit of warmth but not so much that the sound gets thick and mushy. I get this combination with a tube preamp and a quality solid state amp along with accurate speakers.

1 hour ago, Speed Racer said:

The F-1, by itself, did not offer the same wide and deep soundstage, instrument separation, or the level of detail. It took the ISO Regen/LPS combo to add that to the F-1.

I like clarity, detail, and overall accuracy. But I don't want a clinical sound. In fact, I won't stand for it.I like a bit of warmth but not so much that the sound gets thick and mushy. I get this combination with a tube preamp and a quality solid state amp along with accurate speakers.

ok

i feed it today by a 6x 18650 Nimh battery thrue LT3045 Reg to may EAR Yoshino DAC 3,

modified so no 5v in USB Cable, completely removed in USB Plug on the card

and I like the sound but maby a Shiit is one step futher,,

1 hour ago, TubeMan said:

modify the F1 was not that difficult, there are  connection holes on the card,

I guess my point is that yes, you can buy all that stuff and make all those changes. Or, you can just buy the Eitr and be done with it. What I am discovering on my audio journey is that we should be trying to simplify our digital to analog chains, not making them more complicated and prone to issues.

This site is literally famous for promoting complicated and expensive decrapifier components. I admit that I got caught up in the frenzy myself. But then I got back to my Engineering background and realized that the KISS philosophy was King for a reason. Because it makes the most sense. Just about everything done in Engineering to make a product better is to simplify it. I realized all I was doing was adding more and more products and complexity to my audio system.

If we took all the money we spent on this decrapifier stuff and instead spent it on better components, we would end up with better sounding systems.

I am not saying we shouldn't do anything. For example, cleaning up or AC power by using an isolation transformer makes a lot of sense. It's hard to get clean power in other ways. If you shop smart, quality isolation transformers can be had for a song. If you chose to use USB out of the regular desktop or laptop computer, isolating that computer from the rest of your audio chain makes sense too. You just don't have to spend over $800 to do it unless you need higher bit rates to support DSD. $180 can get you a great DDC (Eitr) that provides double isolation (electromagnetic and electrostatic).

You can get even simpler by getting rid of crappy USB altogether! Use a Ethernet-based streamer with AES3 or S/PDIF output. UTP Ethernet cables get you transformer-based isolation. The streamer feeds the DAC directly. You can't get any simpler than that. If you need DSD, you can USB out of the streamer. It will usually have a MUCH better USB implementation than a regular computer.

I know, I know. Many of you don't agree that simple is the way to go and that you need these complicated chains with uber expensive USB cables to get the sound quality you desire. All I know is that spending money on cleaning up the AC power, better components, and simplifying my setup has yielded the best sound quality gains.

1 hour ago, Cornan said:

Here is a couple of in-progress-pictures of my coming 200VA balanced isolation transformer for my B setup. 

20170921_174511-1.thumb.jpg.ee601c6503adb4067b0661e46904aadd.jpg20170921_174539-1.thumb.jpg.3e01060013d5e62dc10e38447bbe8db8.jpg

Alex (ALT Hi-Fi) is now investigating if it is possible to add a toggle switch on the outside of the case so I can quickly switch on/off the center tapped ground. It would be awesome if that could be possible! ^_^

I also got the artwork to the PSD face plate.

PSD-04-faceplate.thumb.png.0f7cce5b247d50d23d5753a631012dc1.png

Looking good! :)

I am impressed with what ATL can do!

21 hours ago, Cornan said:

Welcome Monge! ?

A boost and buck stabillzer is simply a boost and buck transformer used to ensure a constant voltage of the AC mains. It will boost the voltage if it gets too low and lower the voltage (buck) when it gets too high.

Here is some info if you want to find out more: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buck–boost_transformer

Micael

Thanks, now I understand better. I've ordered a Powerwalker AVR 1200  for 42$ incl. freight.

Did you try The Axing ZKU 14 DC blocker with TP links MC200CM's or other FMC's connected in your chain?

Have you tried The Supra https://www.av-connection.dk/?PGr=4388 with F-connectors?

Regards Monge

1 hour ago, Monge said:

Thanks, now I understand better. I've ordered a Powerwalker AVR 1200  for 42$ incl. freight.

Did you try The Axing ZKU 14 DC blocker with TP links MC200CM's or other FMC's connected in your chain?

Have you tried The Supra https://www.av-connection.dk/?PGr=4388 with F-connectors?

Regards Monge

You're welcome Monge! ?

Great! I am sure you will be surprised what a $42 voltage regulator will bring to the table.

Well, I tried the TP link MC110CM (not MC200CM) with the Axing and it improved SQ quite a lot at the time.

I also had (and still own) the Supra. Using Axing close to the wall outlet and Supra close to the router improved SQ. When I invested in a floating LPS (Voltcraft 1134) for my router and QED satellite cable the Supra was'nt a good addition anymore. Now I use only the Axing close to the router.

Micael

🎛️  Audio System  

9 minutes ago, Speed Racer said:

That Powerwalker is only 720 watts. That's not a whole lot for an audio system. At least not when you factor in power amplifier momentary requirements.

Luckily my setup does'nt contain power amps. Also PowerWalker is a

big range of valuable voltage regulators for any need. ?

🎛️  Audio System  

1 hour ago, Speed Racer said:

That Powerwalker is only 720 watts. That's not a whole lot for an audio system. At least not when you factor in power amplifier momentary requirements.

@Speed Racer I'm aware of the 720Watt The Powerwalker Can handle. I' m going to use it for a streamer and a CD transport.

Regards Monge

@Cornan wouldt'nt it be good idea to make a tread about The Best routers or modem/router for streaming music and routers that produce less noise? And og course tweaking.

Regards Monge

9 hours ago, Cornan said:

I am on fire or have too much spare time! Either way, I just started another thread! B|

Are you Beer and Music's long lost brother ?  (grin)

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020