IGNORED

Tidal MQA Albums

Hi Guys - Let's use this thread to keep a running list of our favorite MQA albums streaming on Tidal.

Any classical recordings? I've not seen any, but admit to not spending much time looking.

"The function of music is to release us from the tyranny of conscious thought", Sir Thomas Beecham. 

2L "The Nordic Sound".

I'm hearing it just now through Tidal desktop app. Excellent.

Sent from my iPad using Computer Audiophile

- Pc Server: Win 10 Pro 64bit with two NICs (one dedicated to JPLAY/HQPlayer) with Fidelizer Pro/Process Lasso

- NAA Pc: Gygabyte 2807 - Windows Server 2016 Virtual Core Mode with AO v. 2.20b6 and Process Lasso

- Wireworld Starlight usb 3.0 (from NAA) + iGalvanic 3.0 + Furutech GT2 USB cable + iFi iUsb Micro 3.0 + Oyaide Continental 5S Silver (to DAC) 

- dac T+A DAC 8 DSD  - preamplifier Audio Research LS22r - amplifier Mark Levinson 27.5 - loudspeakers Dynaudio Confidence C1

- Interconnets: Kimber Kable Select - Loudspeaker Cables: Kimber Kable 8TC

- Headphones: Focal Utopia   - Headphone Amplifier: Bryston BHA-1

So for now the only way to listen to MQA is using Tidal App, but TIDAL app don't change bitrate automatically, so, what bitrate i have to choose in the MIDI window on a MAC???

Hackintosh I7 16GB Ram, Roon, HQPlayer, Drobo 8 TB NAS, Raspberry Pi 3 NAA, Gustard X20 ES 9018 Xmos, Audio GD C39 Preamp, The First ONE DIY Amp, Monitor Audio GS20 Speakers, Monitor Audio RSW12 Subwoofer, PI Audio MagikBuss filter.

Here is another one

am.jpg

Almarra 318B-Zu Audio Omen-Marantz SA15S1-Nottingham Analogue Interspace Jr.-BlueSound Node-Schiit Modi 2 Uber, Ifi SPDIF ipurifier-Clearday Shotgun speaker cables-Clarity HarvestII Interconnects-TWL powercords-ATS acoustic panels-Echo Buster corner traps

Take a listen to " Babe I'm Gonna Leave You" off Led Zep 1

Almarra 318B-Zu Audio Omen-Marantz SA15S1-Nottingham Analogue Interspace Jr.-BlueSound Node-Schiit Modi 2 Uber, Ifi SPDIF ipurifier-Clearday Shotgun speaker cables-Clarity HarvestII Interconnects-TWL powercords-ATS acoustic panels-Echo Buster corner traps

So for now the only way to listen to MQA is using Tidal App, but TIDAL app don't change bitrate automatically, so, what bitrate i have to choose in the MIDI window on a MAC???

Sure it does if you enable exclusive mode in the app.

Roon Rock->Auralic Aria G2->Schiit Yggdrasil A2->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301 Monos->Wilson Audio Sabrinas

I just tested 'Master' streaming mode as its called on the desktop app on Mac AND also got the same albums to stream via Roon through the MicroRendu and into my Brooklyn DAC. MQA light is on!

So TIDAL app streaming is working it seems

Cheers

Simon

Sure it does if you enable exclusive mode in the app.

Thanks Dr. Tone, i just activate it in settings

Hackintosh I7 16GB Ram, Roon, HQPlayer, Drobo 8 TB NAS, Raspberry Pi 3 NAA, Gustard X20 ES 9018 Xmos, Audio GD C39 Preamp, The First ONE DIY Amp, Monitor Audio GS20 Speakers, Monitor Audio RSW12 Subwoofer, PI Audio MagikBuss filter.

I just tested 'Master' streaming mode as its called on the desktop app on Mac AND also got the same albums to stream via Roon through the MicroRendu and into my Brooklyn DAC. MQA light is on!

So TIDAL app streaming is working it seems

Cheers

Simon

That sounds like a great front end, how does MQA sound compared to redbook?

Any classical recordings? I've not seen any, but admit to not spending much time looking.

There are several Karajan recordings, a couple of Perlmann, a bunch of 2L recordings, etc.

Two that I've really enjoyed so far are the Rattle "Pictures" and the Artemis Quartet playing Brahms. Very nice.

John Walker - IT Executive

Headphone - SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable Ethernet > mRendu Roon endpoint > Topping D90 > Topping A90d > Dan Clark Expanse / HiFiMan H6SE v2 / HiFiman Arya Stealth

Home Theater / Music -SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable HDMI > Denon X3700h > Anthem Amp for front channels > Revel F208-based 5.2.4 Atmos speaker system

There are several Karajan recordings, a couple of Perlmann, a bunch of 2L recordings, etc.

Two that I've really enjoyed so far are the Rattle "Pictures" and the Artemis Quartet playing Brahms. Very nice.

. . . and I've just confirmed there are quite a few other Rattle recordings available in MQA, including (for example) Mahler Symphony 2, Carmina Burana, etc. Enjoy!

John Walker - IT Executive

Headphone - SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable Ethernet > mRendu Roon endpoint > Topping D90 > Topping A90d > Dan Clark Expanse / HiFiMan H6SE v2 / HiFiman Arya Stealth

Home Theater / Music -SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable HDMI > Denon X3700h > Anthem Amp for front channels > Revel F208-based 5.2.4 Atmos speaker system

Wouldn't it be fantastic if Tidal published the number of times their MASTER albums were streamed in the first week? The album list and stream count would give us all great insight to the demographics of their subscribers, or at the tastes of those of us that appreciate the search for better SQ, and are willing to pay $20 a month for this priviledge.

It is annoying that they are not labeling the master/mqa albums. I found additional albums that are not listed under the whats new/master banner. I hope they correct that soon. I had to go to my favorites click on an artist and found duplicates on the albums I had already put in my favorites and some of them where Master quality.