IGNORED

Tidal MQA Albums

@ewaldrup:YES- I found most of them by hook and crook and from a list on a site listed elsewhere on CA. So you say A+3 lists these by artist I will check it out-how do you this exactly?

I still have a problem with A+3 only delivering sound from MQA albums/my MQA made playlists I get no non MQA music or Qobuz or my local files ie my iTunes library-what do you think of that?

bobbmd

Bob, I click on Tidal on the left side of the window for A3 app. Then I use the search box in the far upper right under the Audirvana logo. Try James Taylor for example. Then underneath click on tracks. You should get a list of all James Taylor Tidal tracks. On the right side of the window is a column header called MQA. Under MQA is an MQA indication of each song that is MQA. Screen shots would help me explain. If you get lost following me I can do some screen shots to help. Let m know how it goes.

Bob I am not sure I understand the "I still have a problem with A+3 only delivering sound from MQA albums/my MQA made playlists I get no non MQA music or Qobuz or my local files ie my iTunes library-what do you think of that?" issue. I do not have or use Quobiz or MQA playlists. It would be nice if we didn't have to search for MQA but then again these are the stone age years of us dealing with MQA and A3 and Tidal. By that I mean updates may solve these concerns with a new feature. I am happy to have what we have.

Thanks ewaldrup will try that search when I get home I also noticed last night that 'masters' are now listed in TIDAL's topics at top the ROON TIDAL page-things are getting easier

Thanks again

The other issue is just plain bizarre A+3 only plays for me MQA albums no non MQA albums! Yet ROOM plays MQA non MQA and so does the TIDAL desktop.

I retired last year from 17 years of Mac desktop support of several hundred people. My Audirvirna 3 is able to play non MQA tracks. You may have to get in touch with their support folks. You could (assuming you have the serial # handy) delete/remove Audirvana 3 and reinstall it or better yet kill it's preferences if you are on a Mac. If you are a veteran by the way you can get a discount on Tidal. I am and I do. Best wishes,

Ed

@ewaldrup: Thanks Ed-I have uninstalled A+3 twice reuploaded ME2 firmware twice rebooted my mac mini still I can only hear MQA material.

A+3 replied after a week or more and Damien said it was ME2 and I replied(nonsense) why does everything else I have work MQA non MQA in TIDAL and ROON and FLAC from Qobuz with appropriate lights on the ME2.

What do you mean 'kill it's(A+3) preferences'? Which ones and how do I do that?

None of this was a problem with A+2.6.6.

Never heard of that TIDAL veterans discount-will they give it to a guy who served 'a long long time ago in a galaxy far far away' ie USN/USMC 1971-1977? And how do you get it or ask for it?

bobbmd

I am assuming you have a Mac. (How else could you use Audirvana?) Here goes. Preferences can get corrupted and even if you reinstall the application, if the old corrupt (assuming it is corrupt) preference will do the same bad behavior to you. Be sure you have Audirvana turned off and that you have the serial number/ license number for Audirvana before you do the next steps. From the desktop hold down the shift key as you pull down the shift key as you pull down the go menu. Let go on the Library. Look inside the Library for a Preferences folder. Inside the Preferences folder look for a file called "com.audirvana.Audirvana-Plus.plist". Drag it to the desktop and restart Audirvana and test it. If that fixes the issue then you had a corrupt preference and you can throw it away. If not then you may as well put it back. Preferences keep your settings and sometimes the serial number/license number.

The vmilitary discount is something you will have to contact TIDAL about. I did. They may ask for a copy of your DD 214. I did not show the Social Security Number that is on my DD -214. What did you do in the Navy and are you now a doctor of ?? Thanks. Keep me posted and best of luck sir. I was in the Air Force as an avionics computer tech. I was in the Jolly Green Giants in Thailand and Da Nang in 1969. I got my masters in '79.