IGNORED

Tidal MQA Albums

Amen to that!

If it indeed stays free, I will personally be saving myself hundreds of dollars a year I currently spend on HDTracks, DVD-A and BlueRay albums! All while improving audio quality and fidelity. What's not to like?

Home: Mac mini -> iTunes & Audirvana Plus -> Meridian Prime -> Ultrasone 8 headphones[br]On the road: iPad -> Seagate Wireless Plus + Media app -> CCK -> iFi iDSD -> Ultrasone 8 or Monster Turbine Pro Copper headphones

The whole MQA roll-out does make you wonder whether they have any idea what they're doing or are just making it up as they go along. Perhaps Jay Z & his missus could go in this weekend to help get the damn albums tagged as MQA. How difficult can it be ? Then more people will subscribe blah, blah.

• 2 weeks later...

juliocat- I made two master MQA playlists one of the DEAD's albums and another of bunch of other master albums- they transferred to A+2 and using my iPadAir 2 and the A+2 remote they showed 24/96 from TIDAL in the right lower corner and either 24/96 or 24/88.1 from my Schiit Gungnir and for just a fleeting moment when a song changed 24/300+from TIDAL?! sound is extraordinary.

As far as AudioMidi goes mine has been either taken over by either TIDAL or ROON or both for months now and i either can't choose/change bitrates format or what device is being used for the sound output yet music all plays well regardless what I choose. There is another thread somewhere here addressing that with screen shots of what I am describing and I asked this question also a few weeks ago in a thread had 500+views but no one answered me.

juliocat- I made two master MQA playlists one of the DEAD's albums and another of bunch of other master albums- they transferred to A+2 and using my iPadAir 2 and the A+2 remote they showed 24/96 from TIDAL in the right lower corner and either 24/96 or 24/88.1 from my Schiit Gungnir and for just a fleeting moment when a song changed 24/300+from TIDAL?! sound is extraordinary.

As far as AudioMidi goes mine has been either taken over by either TIDAL or ROON or both for months now and i either can't choose/change bitrates format or what device is being used for the sound output yet music all plays well regardless what I choose. There is another thread somewhere here addressing that with screen shots of what I am describing and I asked this question also a few weeks ago in a thread had 500+views but no one answered me.

Where's the thread?

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

I am kicking it up a notch with an MQA DAC/streamer. My Roon subscription came up for renewal and I am not really using it just the Tidal app for now. Then I took that $ saved and invested in an MQA streamer, the Bluesound Node. I have decided to eliminate USB from my universe after reviewing some of the recent threads here. I know Bluesound uses its own software and is not a Roon device. I am going to stp streaming with my PC on the desktop system and go with the Node. It is about the same price as a roon lifetime subscription and hopefully I will enjoy the software as well as the hardware. They just did an update of the OS today so I will keep you posted. I know this isn't an MQA album but for me a paradigm shift after using a PC for years.

Chris give me some time like tomorrow have to go to bed now-I can't remember where I posted my post/reply it may have been on arcman's thread 'weird tidal-roon osx audio midi issue' and I just did a quick relook and can't find that thread I saw tonight with the screen shots of the audio midi stuff which also showed other strange messages similar to what I get such as something is hogging the transmission and the audio player can't be acquired or some such but that thread was similar to the problems I was having but like I said regardless of what Audio Midi does or doesn't do or allow me to do the music still comes through it just doesn't match what player or sound output I am using to what Audio Midi says and it been going on for a few months now-I could also be mixing this all up with something else I posted(so overwhelmed am I with all this MQA stuff and all the different posts and threads)-sorry maybe it's time for me to take aricept but don't tell my patients

Where's the thread?

It confused me for a bit too. He's talking about 2 threads - one by a different OP which appears to describe the problem Bob is having, and several unanswered threads where Bob is the OP. He's apparently been having problems with Audio Midi since at least 2014.

(Advanced Search --> Multiple content types --> keywords "audio midi", user bobbmd.)

"People hear what they see." - Doris Day

The forum would be a much better place if everyone were less convinced of how right they were.

Can somebody please confirm the number of albums shown in the Masters section of the Tidal desktop? I am showing apprx 514, but haven't seen any albums added in the last week. I know there are more out these but I certainly do not have time to find them.

Thanks,

Russ

27x17x10 Golden Ratio room,EtherRegen>Melco N1A EX H60 server/streamer >T+A Dac 200>Coda CsIB > Paradigm Personas 5f, Combak Harmonica Footers, Townshend Podiums, Custom swarm sub system , Iconoclast 4x4 UPOCC XLR cable, Townshend F1 Fractal speaker cables  SoTM dBl7 Ethernet cable, Puritan 156, Farad 3 LPS,  Synergistic, Audience,and Triode wire labs power cabling ,Stillpoints, SR fuses,GIK Slatfusors

Can somebody please confirm the number of albums shown in the Masters section of the Tidal desktop? I am showing apprx 514, but haven't seen any albums added in the last week. I know there are more out these but I certainly do not have time to find them.

Thanks,

Russ

As I've posted before, the best info I've found is this "crowdsourced" Google sheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10VtON9VjMAt3uyHC2-Oo2MjIa3orv9DKZfwiRQKmTAA

I claim no ownership, and the usual caveats about crowdsourced info apply. Treat it as a guide, not a definitive source. It's up to over 1300 albums now.

Also note many titles are regionally limited.

I am kicking it up a notch with an MQA DAC/streamer. My Roon subscription came up for renewal and I am not really using it just the Tidal app for now. Then I took that $ saved and invested in an MQA streamer, the Bluesound Node. I have decided to eliminate USB from my universe after reviewing some of the recent threads here. I know Bluesound uses its own software and is not a Roon device. I am going to stp streaming with my PC on the desktop system and go with the Node. It is about the same price as a roon lifetime subscription and hopefully I will enjoy the software as well as the hardware. They just did an update of the OS today so I will keep you posted. I know this isn't an MQA album but for me a paradigm shift after using a PC for years.

The new update 2 days back allows

"Access and stream MQA music on TIDAL with direct access to the TIDAL Masters category" us8ng the BluOS.

Pretty good

As I've posted before, the best info I've found is this "crowdsourced" Google sheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10VtON9VjMAt3uyHC2-Oo2MjIa3orv9DKZfwiRQKmTAA

I claim no ownership, and the usual caveats about crowdsourced info apply. Treat it as a guide, not a definitive source. It's up to over 1300 albums now.

Also note many titles are regionally limited.

Thank you... looks like people are adding the titles as they are being found. Kinda like Wiki.

27x17x10 Golden Ratio room,EtherRegen>Melco N1A EX H60 server/streamer >T+A Dac 200>Coda CsIB > Paradigm Personas 5f, Combak Harmonica Footers, Townshend Podiums, Custom swarm sub system , Iconoclast 4x4 UPOCC XLR cable, Townshend F1 Fractal speaker cables  SoTM dBl7 Ethernet cable, Puritan 156, Farad 3 LPS,  Synergistic, Audience,and Triode wire labs power cabling ,Stillpoints, SR fuses,GIK Slatfusors

Bluesound is now Roon ready after yesterdays update

Almarra 318B-Zu Audio Omen-Marantz SA15S1-Nottingham Analogue Interspace Jr.-BlueSound Node-Schiit Modi 2 Uber, Ifi SPDIF ipurifier-Clearday Shotgun speaker cables-Clarity HarvestII Interconnects-TWL powercords-ATS acoustic panels-Echo Buster corner traps

Don Hills/Chris-sorry for the confusion-the Audio Midi problem is only several months old. For example I just received the Meridian Explorer 2 and in Audio MIDI it recognizes the E2 but will not play through for sound output-'Built in Output' has the magaphone icon and the most I can get is 48000Hz and yet E2 blue light is on- the same thing has been happening for months before the E2 arrived my speaker Schiit output device cannot be accessed if clicked and now it is but I am not using it I am using the E2 and it shows/allows me to click 192000Hz in 2 channel 24 bit in format but I am not using it.

The same thing happens if i use ROON or A+2 and now A+2 choosing the E2 only outputs 24/96 and the Audio Midi won't accept it as the device I am using yet the music still plays beautifully-bizarre!

By the way the E2 with MQA sound great either via my RS-195's or using the inline jack to my old avr in either 2 channel or 7 channel as a matter of fact the DEAD masters American Beauty sounds better than my old dvd-a disc especially in 7 channel

With A+2 tho the DEAD mqa TIDAL playlists do not come through as MQA ie no blue light.

again sorry for the confusion-but I know somewhere on CA I read the problem I have and that thread had snapshots just can't find it.

Most of the MQA albums sound great.

Some of my favorites so far are:

Grateful Dead - American Beauty and Workingmans Dead

Chicago - Chicago Transit Authority and Chicago II

The Smiths - all of the Smiths Titles (best I've ever heard them sound)

Lou Reed - Songs for Drella, New York, Ecstasy, Magic and Loss (best I've heard these too)

The Cars - Shake it Up, Candy-O, The Cars

The Doors - The Doors, Morrison Hotel, LA Woman, Soft Parade

2L - The Nordic Sound

Ola Gjeilo - Stone Rose, The City, Sacred North

CSN - CSN

Jethro Tull - Acqualung

Fleetwood Mac - Rumors (The DSD version from SACD is definitely better)

Otis Redding - Otis Blue

Van Morrison - Astral Weeks and Moondance

Bjork - Vespertine and Medulla

Rokia Traore - Ne So

Charles Mingus - Oh Yeah and Tonight at Noon

Ornaye Coleman - Ornette On Tenor

Enjoy!!

GUTB- just got mine and it is far better than THE FULLA which I 'retired' and to my ears sounds as good as my Gungnir and far better than my MAGNI the MQA is really good BUT it won't play TIDAL or Qobuz through A+(it did one time then stopped ie no lights at all on the DAC yet music was playing ie blue time line was moving but no sound) it works great using the TIDAL and Qobuz desktops but not with A+(Damien is working this for me). I actually think american beauty in MQA via E2 is better sounding than my old dvd-audio disc especially when using inline jack to my avr in 7 channel. am now waiting for the AQ DF RED.

I find searching for 'hidden' MQA albums annoying but i went to judy collins's albums and the MQA version of 60's collection is the 'deluxe edition' why don't they just tell us? BTW it is a beautiful recording especially come away melinda/los gatos/hills of shiloh the instrument separation is amazing

• 1 month later...

Not sure if anyone else has discovered that the brand new Audirvana Plus 3 software can list Tidal songs by artist that are MQA. By my count Tidal shows about 500 MQA albums under New/Masters. There are many more from Warner Brothers, Atlantic and as I discovered, A&M. Which artists you ask. Just to name a few America, The Doobie Brothers, James Taylor, Chicago, The Eagles, Herb Alpert, Aretha Franklin, and Ray Charles. Just do a search into Tidal from within the Audirvana app and see what I mean. Search for all songs by the artists I mentioned for example. The bit rates are as high as 24/192 and on some 2L songs 24/352.8. I use the MacBook Pro and the Meridian Explorer2. Favorite albums are all Herb Alpert, Chicago and America. Way too many to list. Cheers.

@ewaldrup:YES- I found most of them by hook and crook and from a list on a site listed elsewhere on CA. So you say A+3 lists these by artist I will check it out-how do you this exactly?

I still have a problem with A+3 only delivering sound from MQA albums/my MQA made playlists I get no non MQA music or Qobuz or my local files ie my iTunes library-what do you think of that?

bobbmd