IGNORED

MQA is Vaporware

2 minutes ago, Brian Lucey said:

MIC not mike, there are no Mikes in a recording you arrogant fool.

You seem even to be unraveling a lot faster this time around. Over under on the next forum goodbye, anyone?

in between your busy record making time, maybe you could try learning English the Queen’s way before calling others names

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/mike

see, now that is what one would call “Ignorance “.

9 minutes ago, Em2016 said:

Interesting, it's available in 352k MQA as well on Tidal. But Audirvana only plays it at 88k for me (first unfold only), to my Hugo2 non-MQA DAC.

What are your thoughts with the MQA version?

To be fair, I don’t yet have any MQA capable hardware or software at my disposal. I tried a demo of Amarra and it was crashing every 10 seconds, so I gave up on that.

my initial feeling, which I may reconsider now is that the MQA Version(non unfolded) sounded a bit reverbey and the 192khz version sounded better.

next week, I will be getting a DAP which does MQA, PCM and DSD, after which I will be able to evaluate things more evenly.

3 minutes ago, Brian Lucey said:

Some very real sense of false authority in people who are consumers, first, second and third.

Hey Brian, who’s your favorite sports team?

are you devoid of opinions on how they perform? Or should I say, armchair opinions?

1 hour ago, crenca said:

That is their reputation, as it appears to be a trait no matter the implementation.  Is it a higher end tilt?

No doubt someone will post the exception however ;)

I see, thank you.

i am not sure if I like this sound signature very much. I have owned several devices with Wolfson chips and they sounded warm and inviting. My current DAC has Analog Devices chips and it sounds wonderful as well. 

I will play around with the filters a bit to see if things sound any different.

17 minutes ago, Samuel T Cogley said:

Thanks for this.  Your experience with MQA on a DP-S1 mirrors mine on a DP-X1.  I liked vanilla PCM better.

Youre welcome!

There definitely is a difference between folded and unfolded MQA, but so far, PCM is winning.

i will do the blind tests later today.

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/21/2017 at 8:39 PM, Ralf11 said:

Were the 3 tracks all from the same 'album'?

It's possible that some other album sounds better with MQA

but...  why bother is the issue

I had mentioned previously that it was the same demo track from the 2L downloads .