IGNORED

MQA is Vaporware

1 minute ago, crenca said:

When it comes to audio, which is just consumer electronics, the estimates vary just what the signal to noise ratio is.  Some believe as high as 40% of all "reviews" are pure propaganda.  I am not sure it is that high, but I do believe the culture of auidophiledom forces a "read between the lines" style upon almost all reviewers.

As far as the forums, it depends.  Some of them are little more than industry advertisements.  This one is pretty good.  Lee has found a way to keep the noise up against the signal, but any/all rule/moderation schemes have the strengths and weaknesses.  

Having suffered Scoggins' disingenuousness over at Hoffman for many years, I'll be the first to admit that I'm probably oversensitive to his internet tactics.

1 minute ago, Paul R said:

MQA has zero chance of creating a corporate lock on the audiophile community, and even less so on the general music loving Apple Music subscribing populace. Zero point zero zero zero for as long as you want to keep repeating zeros.

I appreciate the conviction, and I hope you're right, but the future of "audiophile streaming" is far from certain and I don't share your confidence.

1 minute ago, Paul R said:

I would simply politely shoot them first, not try to nag them to death. ;) 

Seriously, I do not think the cases are comparable. These barbarians are accosting you with MQA - and that is not a lethal weapon. (grin)

Sometimes metaphors do not work.  IMHO, "barbarians" is not a good moniker for MQA shills.

43 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

All that to say the same MQA lingo. 

My only response is that I have the facts on my side. I can't use alternative facts to present a counter point. The word truth is in the title of my presentation. 

I hope I'm reading you well enough to know you weren't really expecting a departure from the typical disingenuousness, were you?

1 hour ago, Kyhl said:

This has all been refuted over and over.  Honest question, did you go to The Onion School of Journalism? 

I am still trying to understand why you keep spreading false information after it has been pointed out to you over and over that it is false.  This is so wrong and you know it is wrong that it isn't worth discussing again.  Instead it is time to question your motives.

Every response from Scoggins is to use that opportunity to parrot MQA marketing fluff.  That's why he's here.

3 minutes ago, ARQuint said:

I agree with you! In a calmer, less emotionally-fraught atmosphere—without shouted remarks from the floor and, as a result, Chris getting knocked off a line of argument he was trying to establish—that point (regarding Archimago) could have been made.

Thanks for the response, but it's still not apparent why you brought up something that you now seem to be saying is irrelevant.

11 minutes ago, fas42 said:

As a side note ... the goal is all important - "whatever it takes!" is the mantra. Sometimes, you find taking one step back allows two or more steps forward - later in the journey one can finesse, refine every aspect of the system, to fully optimise and make 'perfect' every part - when one fully understands.

This has nothing to do with saying that MQA is part of a solution to something - just, that one may need to 'compromise', or do something silly to make the bigger picture happen, at that moment.

With respect, this is just gibberish.  Mind numbing gibberish.

3 minutes ago, fas42 said:

IOW, you refuse to buy a piece of sofware that isn't certified to be 100% perfect - it is "gibberish" to allow real world systems to operate that may possibly have long term 'defects' in them, which have had a bit of rough plumbing put in place to make the core functionality behave itself?

BTW, which OS do you use - and where is its certificate of perfection?

I'm sorry.  It looks a lot like English.  But I'm just not getting it.  Please don't try again.  I apologize for responding to you in the first place.