That witch ain't dead just yet.  You anti-mQa partisans should be ashamed 🙂

Current:  Daphile on an AMD A10-9500 with 16 GB RAM

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

Amplification - Benchmark AHB2 amplifier

Speakers - Revel M126Be with 2 REL 7/ti subwoofers

Cables - Tara Labs RSC Reference and Blue Jean Cable Balanced Interconnects

6 minutes ago, mrjktcvs said:

I find it amusing that the protractors of system have to point to white papers to "prove" that it sounds better. If they have any kind of viable product at all, it should be immediately apparent regardless of the recording or the playback hardware. Somewhere, Ray Dolby is laughing his ass off.

Or shaking his head. I mean audio is full of snake oil salesmen.

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

My wife will be with me, I don't think she would allow me to be rude.

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

20 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

It would be terrible for people to show up and give Ken Forsythe the Ken Forsythe treatment. Not letting him speak and interrupting his presentation would be just terrible. He would never do such a thing :~)

FQT1YnPVkAQpt6U.jpeg

So it appears they are still actively promoting this scheme.

Perhaps they are just keeping it going in order to pad their retirement accounts.

Boycott Warner

Boycott Tidal

Boycott Roon

Boycott Lenbrook

I won’t be at AXPONA to hear Ken Forsythe talk about MQA. It is my birthday and I be in southern Utah hiking. Here are three questions I’d like Ken Forsythe to answer.

1.       Why does the MQA Mastering process change the soundstage of recordings?

2.       When starting with an analog master tape why is noise reduction very good on some MQA Masters and nonexistent on others?

3.       How much does the MQA Pro Emulator George Massenburg uses cost and how do I get one?

Whoever is going have fun and stay safe.

16 minutes ago, Stereo said:

Hope Deezer doesn’t get polluted. No mention of it in the article but Deezer needs improvements to better compete and MQA is so not an improvement. Just questioning it’s ties under the possible forthcoming deal. https://www.wsj.com/amp/articles/spotify-rival-deezer-strikes-spac-deal-valuing-it-at-about-1-1-billion-11650297600

Interesting. Going public via SPAC. I wouldn’t put my money on Deezer catering to the global music streaming market. I’d say there is a niche the owners of I2PO want to address and/or it’s a vanity project to mix with another brand down the road. Without differentiation, as you said, Deezer is how another company jumpstarts a project it wants to undertake. Rather than start from scratch, I2PO just buys them and moves forward. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

On 4/19/2022 at 1:12 AM, RichardSF said:

I found that the music conglomerates also invest in Spotify. What a strange relationship, to invest in streaming services and strangle them with licensing fees at the same time.

Their losses grew significantly last year. I'm a bit skeptical that they'll suddenly be profitable within a few years 😊.

BTW, interesting topic but I don't see that it's relevant for this thread.

I bet the labels have a nice profit on their shares in Spotify. It should make up for their losses on MQA Ltd. 

I doubt music streaming will ever be profitable but if Apple, Amazon and Google don't care why not bleed the others dry?

Another sheep or shill moment on Noah Bronstein’s Wall of Sound blog. MQA – Other Perspectives on Steaming  and another new low for the audio press. My comment to him which is awaiting moderation.

Noah, I have to ask why write this now? Simple, MQA Ltd is trying to raise more funds to continue operating because they lack the revenue to continue without it. They need people to talk about it because after eight years, MQA still has no traction in the market. I have a saying about what you wrote and the timing. I’ll post it in my MQA is Vaporware thread (still getting 30,000 views a month after more than six years).

MQA after all the promotion by the audio press has a streaming market share of 00.05%.

Finally, you call your blog the Wall of Sound but guess what. MQA doesn’t do Pet Sounds or any other wall of sound recording well.

@Rt66indierock I saw that article, was going to respond, I have wasted enough time on the shills of mQa. 

I am just going to listen away, at home and be happy.

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

I ignored it. Why bother, we know it snake oil at its finest.

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

On 3/29/2022 at 10:13 AM, Samuel T Cogley said:

I can't imagine what Scoggins could have said to you over the phone to make you believe he'd changed somehow.  With all due respect (and I mean that), he totally played you.

But what's more unbelievable to me is he now posts as the Chief Executive Officer at Nextscreen, LLC and somehow he still doesn't feel any need to dial back the disingenuousness.

This makes me really question the integrity of the publications under his control.

It's really sad that Lee is allowed back. If Lee can come back, can the objectivists come back too?