IGNORED

Beards and music

mansr

Does growing a beard influence the perception of music? Discuss.

Yes, because beards get itchy, then you scratch them, which pulls on your skin, affecting the shape of your outer ear, in turn reflecting the sound waves differently into the inner ear, affecting SQ.

Dedicated Line DSD/DXD | Audirvana+ | iFi iDSD Nano | SET Tube Amp | Totem Mites

Surround: VLC | M-Audio FastTrack Pro | Mac Opt | Panasonic SA-HE100 | Logitech Z623

DIY: SET Tube Amp | Low-Noise Linear Regulated Power Supply | USB, Power, Speaker Cables | Speaker Stands | Acoustic Panels

weird forum

Just a little bit of harmless fun now and then.

Dedicated Line DSD/DXD | Audirvana+ | iFi iDSD Nano | SET Tube Amp | Totem Mites

Surround: VLC | M-Audio FastTrack Pro | Mac Opt | Panasonic SA-HE100 | Logitech Z623

DIY: SET Tube Amp | Low-Noise Linear Regulated Power Supply | USB, Power, Speaker Cables | Speaker Stands | Acoustic Panels

Although growing a beard seems to help in the playing of certain instruments, I have generally found that growing a good pair of ears greatly hepls on the reception/perception end. :)

Synology NAS>i7-6700/32GB/NVIDIA QUADRO P4000 Win10>Qobuz+Tidal>Roon>HQPlayer>DSD512> Fiber Switch>Ultrarendu (NAA)>Holo Audio May KTE DAC> Bryston SP3 pre>Levinson No. 432 amps>Magnepan (MG20.1x2, CCR and MMC2x6)

Although growing a beard seems to help in the playing of certain instruments, I have generally found that growing a good pair of ears greatly hepls on the reception/perception end. :)

They say your ears grow until the day you die. That must be the reason most audiophiles are middle age or above.

Does growing a beard influence the perception of music? Discuss.

If you burn-in your beard for 300 hours you will not be able to tell the difference.

I don't recommend cryogenic treatments...

"Science draws the wave, poetry fills it with water" Teixeira de Pascoaes

HQPlayer Desktop / Mac mini → Intona 7054 → RME ADI-2 DAC FS (DSD256)

The great thing about growing a beard (even more a mustache) is that you get to smell it all the time. It really transforms your perception of the world. How much it influences your perception of music probably depends on your degree of synesthesia between scent and sound. I've always felt that Debussy's music seems to have strongly olfactory inspiration. He had a nice beard.

It will of course change the HRTF as far as the sideburns and possibly the moustache go. (The moustache will depend upon the head attitude while listening.)

Let's imagine for a minute that you grow both an Afro and a long beard, That definitely should help with reflections from the wall at your back so that you don't need an acoustic panel there.