IGNORED

SACD Ripping using an Oppo or Pioneer? Yes, it's true!

ted_b

On 3/8/2019 at 7:25 PM, Nexus3 said:

Please test the new (shortened) scripts and comment on them!

I used the Sony S7200 to test both A2 and A3 tonight with no luck. Interesting results however.

First I tried the A2 AutoRip script as described in the previous post in awake-mode. After inserting the thumb drive with the unit ON/awake, the disc tray only opens about 1/4 of the way and then immediately closes again. It never fully opens and so there is no chance of even loading a disc.

Next I tried the A3 AutoRip script in sleep-mode as described in the previous post. After inserting the flash drive with the player OFF/sleeping, the tray opens and a disc is loaded, however the tray only then automatically closes about 1/4 of the way before reversing course and fully reopening.

I guess I'd like to ask/confirm what exactly should be in the folder for doing AutoRip, i.e. is it just two items or are there 3 total as with the standard AutoScript? A clarification about exactly how many items, and what they are called, and their contents would help me understand if I'm even doing this right.

Thank you and goodnight from NY.

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

Boycott Warner Music Group

On 3/8/2019 at 1:24 PM, Dick Darlington said:

What I have found is that TextEdit on the Mac will render my scripts partially or fully inoperable in certain situations; specifically if a new line is created in the normal way, that is by hitting the Return key. 

If all I do is go in and edit the interior of one or more lines all is fine. If I select an entire line and delete it all is fine. But as soon as I hit Return at to insert a new line the script is broken from that point on due to the existing DOS CRLF line termination being replaced with the Mac’s Unix-like LF terminator. And yes I know this is totally bass ackwards counterintuitive. 

In case it's useful, the command line tools dos2unix and unxi2dos are useful for conversion in both directions, for this cross-platform long time old gotcha! :) (there are multiple versions for most platforms, including cygwin, GNU Win32, native versions in most flavours of linux (certainly in Debain based repos)).

HTH! :)

As a newbie here I gave it at try, but coudn't get it to work.

Used a Sony 6200 with the A3 scripts.

To follow up I removed everything not known and ended up with

the lines opening, closing and sleep in the script which works.

Calling the *.sh doesn't seem to work because it should have opened  the tray which does not happen,

so concluding script is not executed or syntax is wrong (see att.)

For unknown reason I am not able to connect to the BD via Putty, connection is refused.

Network is working and other devices are responding, whereas Ping is positiv to the BD.

Does one know the function for

#CLI(CLI_exec insmod /lib/modules/2.6.35/BDP/splitter.ko)

As per web info is insmod similar to modprobe: it can insert a module into the Linux kernel.

So question remaining what about splitter.ko ?

and also the

./sacd_extract* -I   ?

Linked to the last line I ask myself why is the above one just sacd_extract and not sacd_extract_6200 which is in the folder?

Beside the questions above I am interessted to follow up whats currently running, so it would be great if there would be a log or echo file to be viewed. Is there a short description about howto get access via the networkport to see what's up there ?

autorip.sh AutoScript

46 minutes ago, canyonwalker said:

For unknown reason I am not able to connect to the BD via Putty, connection is refused.

None of these three scripts launches telnet.  They are supposed to be alternates to using telnet in local ripping.  You need another script to launch telnet in the player so you can connect with Putty.

Does one know the function for

#CLI(CLI_exec insmod /lib/modules/2.6.35/BDP/splitter.ko)

It inserts a module that helps buffer the rip.

why is the above one just sacd_extract and not sacd_extract_6200 which is in the folder?

The asterisk after sacd_extract  (*) is a wildcard symbol that looks for anything starting with sacd_extract .

Thx, now I am one smal step further,)

None of these three scripts launches telnet.  They are supposed to be alternates to using telnet in local ripping.  You need another script to launch telnet in the player so you can connect with Putty.

So I have to start telnet via an usb-script ?

If so is this preinstalled or do I have to get it somewere?

If preinstalled, which directory is it located?

Splitter.ko is clear and the sacd_extract* also;)

Any idea why the *.sh is not executed or or if the syntax in there is wrong?

Is it possible to display something at the BD display and get input via the remote?

For example to display the network adress or to change setup values as audio 2ch / MC?

1 hour ago, canyonwalker said:

hx, now I am one smal step further,)

These scripts are experimental beta testing type things.

If you are a newcomer to SACD ripping you should probably start with the traditional methods.

I've PM-ed you a guide about some of the basics, but some specifics have to be changed if you're using a Sony 6200 rather than a 590.

9 hours ago, mutant_matt said:

In case it's useful, the command line tools dos2unix and unxi2dos are useful for conversion in both directions, for this cross-platform long time old gotcha! :) (there are multiple versions for most platforms, including cygwin, GNU Win32, native versions in most flavours of linux (certainly in Debain based repos)).

HTH! :)

A google search and a HomeBrew command and voilà! Thanks for the tip!

16 hours ago, MikeyFresh said:

the disc tray only opens about 1/4 of the way and then immediately closes again. It never fully opens and so there is no chance of even loading a disc.

A typical symptom that the autorip.sh unix script has not been properly formatted and therefor skipped. The last command (eject tray) is initiated forcing to retract the tray again after the former command opened it:

4 hours ago, loadam59 said:

You shell script is not executed because it has the CR/LF windows format

It has to be UNIX formated with only LF at the end of each lines

You can edit shell script under linux or with notepad++

Try this one ...

autorip.sh 50 B · 2 downloads

11 hours ago, loadam59 said:

A3 is buggy

11 hours ago, loadam59 said:

Same error in A2

@loadam59The only explanation, I can think of is that the Sx200 player generation no longer offers a separate SH executable (maybe you can confirm / check this):

telnet-bin-sh.png.e6e49b8bc90575f8c0bc955464851e86.png

The functionality might be integrated into busybox. In any case the BDP-S790 also works without the reference to /bin/sh so here are the new candidates of the A2 & A3 AutoRip scripts:

A2 - release candidate 2:

#MTKAT 0.xx script
CLI(CLI_exec cp /mnt/sd*/AutoScript/sacd_extract_6200 /)
CLI(CLI_exec insmod /lib/modules/2.6.35/BDP/splitter.ko)
CLI(CLI_exec /sacd_extract_6200 -S &)
CLI(CLI_drv.ir.rx.sq 0xaf000)
CLI(CLI_exec /mnt/sd*/AutoScript/autorip.sh)
CLI(CLI_drv.ir.rx.sq 0xaf000)

A3 - release candidate 2:

#MTKAT 0.xx script
CLI(CLI_exec cp /mnt/sd*/AutoScript/sacd_extract_6200 /)
CLI(CLI_exec insmod /lib/modules/2.6.35/BDP/splitter.ko)
CLI(CLI_exec /sacd_extract_6200 -S &)
CLI(CLI_drv.sacd.tray 1)
CLI(CLI_exec sleep 10s)
CLI(CLI_drv.sacd.tray 0)
CLI(CLI_exec /mnt/sd*/AutoScript/autorip.sh)
CLI(CLI_drv.sacd.tray 1)

@Sx200 users: Is the channel switch-over [DSD 2ch vs DSD multi-ch] still necessary?

@all - A1 reports / feedback are also welcome!

@Dick Darlington Surely one of the Notepad++ alternatives for macOS must support proper UNIX formatting.

9 minutes ago, Nexus3 said:

@Dick Darlington Surely one of the Notepad++ alternatives for macOS must support proper UNIX formatting.

Mac OSX inherently supports Unix formatting. That’s not the problem. Or it IS the problem depending on which way you’re looking at it. 

The thing that that I keep saying that presumably keeps getting misinterpreted due to the “the BR players are Linux based therefore...” filter is that *in my experience on my Oppo and Sony players* it is actually the Unix format EOL that breaks the AutoScript whereas the DOS format is what works. Yes that was not a typo. Unix bad / DOS good for AutoScript. Counterintuitive? Hell yes. But  that’s what I’ve observed and the period before I figured out what was going on has made my PTSD therapist very happy.

PS: This does not apply to a Linux shell script launched by the AutoScript, which as recently pointed out must have a Unix EOL format. So basically life for newbies keeps getting harder. 😔 

4 hours ago, Phthalocyanine said:

These scripts are experimental beta testing type things.

If you are a newcomer to SACD ripping you should probably start with the traditional methods.

I've PM-ed you a guide about some of the basics, but some specifics have to be changed if you're using a Sony 6200 rather than a 590.

Being a newbie to this forum, meanwhile I have the std. Sony files up and running, was an easy one thanks to Mikey.

But now I am interessted to go one step deeper.

Installed Notepad++, converted CR+LF to Unixformat.

Testing around with the new A3 script now with an S6200.

Changed it in the way that it all fits into one file( just to test if it runs) and because I did not catch the reason for the second file?

Currently I am waiting that the script will open the tray, it's nearly impossible to hear the sound of the drive, so I have to wait for a while, to see if there is additional content in the folder?

There are two things I am missing, the first is any progress bar or message to see if there is any activity and for the former traditional script options to show the current ip number of the player at the display (not at the setup) if possible.

By walking trough the different subdirs via putty I can recognize some information which I saw in the past.

There are several intereting subdirs were theire content is shown in different colour, any idea about the meaning of them?

Was looking for \dev or \mnt and \init to see if there is something to be used for display messages or input data.

In the meantime the tray opend and there is one iso file at the usb, which has the correct name of the CD, but not accepted by Foobar and others. Attaching the script so that one could please have a look to see what went wrong?

Just saw that there is a busybox at a subdir with all or most unix functions of the box, maybe you know some of them to be used for some additonal comfort?

AutoScript

9 hours ago, canyonwalker said:

By walking trough the different subdirs via putty I can recognize some information which I saw in the past.

There are several intereting subdirs were theire content is shown in different colour, any idea about the meaning of them?

That's just usually the shell's default setup of showing differing permissions and/or file types, on the various files/folders in different colours - it doesn't have to have any inherent meaning.  It's actually how the "list" (ls) command defaults to display things (the binary ls ("LS")).  LS that comes with bash uses a "standard" set of colours:

https://askubuntu.com/questions/17299/what-do-the-different-colors-mean-in-ls

Apparently some versions of ls built into BusyBox (which I think is what these players are using), don't support colour but some newer versions of BusyBox do.

HTH!

7 hours ago, Nexus3 said:

There ought to be three files placed all in the same directory:

1. AutoScript\AutoScript
  2. AutoScript\autorip.sh
  3. AutoScript\sacd_extract_6200

1. The main script handles the crucial commands and loads the necessary programmes.

2. The unix subscript is only there to take over the manual human inputs compared to a telnet local ripping.

3. The tool which actually does the ripping incl. ISO creation.

Thx for the explanation !

The tray will open as soon as sacd_extract* has finished its job - if you can not stand the suspense just use a USB flashd rive with a LED 😉.

Afterwards you may unplug it and check its content on your computer.

How large is the ISO (in Gigabytes), are you able to open and process it with SACDExtractGUI / ISO2DSD?

File is about 900 MB which is to short, now trying a different stick with 8 GB and led;)

Coudn't read the iso file, see att.

Autorip.error.message.gif

Now trying it to do an autorip immediatly after coldstart, so not in sleep mode, which also seems to work, will report later on (when finished).

Got some remaining questions in mind, is any setup at the BD necessary to have an autorip working and if it is possible to generate also the DSF files?, by changing the parameters for the sacd_extract program?

Would be create to have an progress indication vissible beside a flasing usb and a log file;)

18 minutes ago, canyonwalker said:

is any setup at the BD necessary to have an autorip working

Not sure what you mean.  No general set-up is necessary beyond those specific to the various methods (like having quick-start on for sleep-server method).

19 minutes ago, canyonwalker said:

if it is possible to generate also the DSF files?, by changing the parameters for the sacd_extract program? 

Usage: sacd_extract_160 [options] [outfile]
  -2, --2ch-tracks                : Export two channel tracks (default)
  -m, --mch-tracks                : Export multi-channel tracks
  -e, --output-dsdiff-em          : output as Philips DSDIFF (Edit Master) file
  -p, --output-dsdiff             : output as Philips DSDIFF file
  -s, --output-dsf                : output as Sony DSF file
  -t, --select-track              : only output selected track(s) (ex. -t 1,5,13)
  -I, --output-iso                : output as RAW ISO
  -c, --convert-dst               : convert DST to DSD
  -C, --export-cue                : Export a CUE Sheet
  -i, --input[=FILE]              : set source and determine if "iso" image,
                                    device or server (ex. -i 192.168.1.10:2002)
  -P, --print                     : display disc and track information
  -S, --server-mode               : start in a server mode

Help options:
  -?, --help                      : Show this help message
  --usage                         : Display brief usage message

24 minutes ago, canyonwalker said:

Would be create to have an progress indication vissible beside a flasing usb and a log file;

You see the progress indicated in the traditional methods (see my guide).

These new methods are designed to be "blind."