IGNORED

SACD Ripping using an Oppo or Pioneer? Yes, it's true!

ted_b

Still no luck with the Pioneer LX58 😪

I can't get any command works in the AutoScript ! I just think it is not called ...

I didn't find the combination with the usb key that call AutoScript (insert before power on, after, in sleep mode, front usb, rear usb, both 🙄)

i did a port scan ...

Service

Détails

Port 2870 (TCP)

IPI Media Renderer upnpd 1.0 UPnP 1.0; DLNADOC 1.50

Port 8102 (TCP)

Pioneer iControlAV2 control port

Port 13000 (TCP)

Port 37055 (TCP)

Mongoose httpd

Port 38400 (TCP)

Port 60564 (TCP)

Mongoose httpd

2870 and 8102 are known

From the Mongoose web server, i get some xml responses with the states of this services

http://xxxxxx:37055/apps/YouTube

http://xxxxxx:37055/apps/Netflix

Don't know how to serve !

I didn't go further for now

Ideas are welcomed !

Does the tray open?  If so, then Autoscript must be being called, just something else isn't working.

I get the same on a near-but-not-quite-compatible CA751BD - Autoscript is being called (tray opens, I get ABCEDFGH on the VFD) but I can't get anything else to work... (and I think I've tried just about everything!).

You might try cutting down what's in the script until you can see what the minimum is needed to get the tray to open, and work back up from there...

HTH!

1 hour ago, mutant_matt said:

Does the tray open?  If so, then Autoscript must be being called, just something else isn't working.

I get the same on a near-but-not-quite-compatible CA751BD - Autoscript is being called (tray opens, I get ABCEDFGH on the VFD) but I can't get anything else to work... (and I think I've tried just about everything!).

You might try cutting down what's in the script until you can see what the minimum is needed to get the tray to open, and work back up from there...

HTH!

Yes i did all basic test commands, nothing work

For your CA751BD try to put these commands to gain root access to your BD with telnet, then you can execute the different version of sacd_extract and see what's wrong ..

CLI(CLI_exec echo root::0:0:root,,,:/root:/bin/sh >/etc/passwd)
CLI(CLI_exec /usr/sbin/telnetd &)

But your Soc is a Mediatek MTK8530 !

Yep, tried that, and inetd, and a bunch of other things! (including (but not limited to ; ) ), tried getting it to write logs to the USB stick too help figure it out - only thing I can get it to do reliably is open the tray and display on the VFD...)

I gave up and bought a Sony 590 for not much money on eBay instead...

I might try and revisit it, with a fresh pair of eyes at some point.  I spend a LOT of time originally, trying to get it to work.

18 minutes ago, mutant_matt said:

Yep, tried that, and inetd, and a bunch of other things! (including (but not limited to ; ) ), tried getting it to write logs to the USB stick too help figure it out - only thing I can get it to do reliably is open the tray and display on the VFD...)

I gave up and bought a Sony 590 for not much money on eBay instead...

I might try and revisit it, with a fresh pair of eyes at some point.  I spend a LOT of time originally, trying to get it to work.

Try to see how telnet is configured on your BD

copy these files to your usb key with CLI_exec

/etc/services

/etc/inittab

/etc/fsab

Try to see if it is already running maybe on a local address !

Try to locate the telnet file (maybe in an other folder)

Well, some things to try !

5 hours ago, loadam59 said:

Did you have the Super Quick Start Mode ON ?

The led on your usb key should be blinking when you insert it 😎

I think in my menu it's just called "Quick Start" as with the other Sony models.

I don't remember seeing anything about a Super Quick Start mode (did I miss something there)? My S7200 is on Software Version M21.R.0180, I think that's current as I didn't get a notification of any available updates.

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

Boycott Warner Music Group

12 minutes ago, MikeyFresh said:

I think in my menu it's just called "Quick Start" as with the other Sony models.

I don't remember seeing anything about a Super Quick Start mode (did I miss something there)? My S7200 is on Software Version M21.R.0180, I think that's current as I didn't get a notification of any available updates.

Yes it's the same

I pick up the name from their web site (i'm at work!)

1 hour ago, MikeyFresh said:

Raising Sand is a Redbook CD, that's why it won't rip using sacd_extract. I have never seen this title mentioned anywhere as available on SACD

That would explain it.

I noticed in the Discogs page on this album that it was described this way :

https://www.discogs.com/Robert-Plant-Alison-Krauss-Raising-Sand/release/1622045

CD, Album, Super Jewel Box

So maybe that "Super" in Super Jewel Box misled the poster.

(What is a Super Jewel Box anyway?)

3 hours ago, Phthalocyanine said:

That would explain it.

I noticed in the Discogs page on this album that it was described this way :

https://www.discogs.com/Robert-Plant-Alison-Krauss-Raising-Sand/release/1622045

CD, Album, Super Jewel Box

So maybe that "Super" in Super Jewel Box misled the poster.

(What is a Super Jewel Box anyway?)

There are no Robert Plant SACD's as far as I know.

If there were I would have them , of if I'm wrong please let me know the catalog numbers so that I can get them.

There were however some bootleg SACD Rs floating around on sale for a while , these of course , will not rip as they are "not a scarletbook disk" which is usually the message you get.

The poster may unknowingly have one of these bootlegs.

5 minutes ago, andy1249 said:

There were however some bootleg SACD Rs floating around on sale for a while , these of course , will not rip as they are "not a scarletbook disk" which is usually the message you get.

I've successfully ripped several SACD-Rs on the Sony S590 in the course of testing.  Which player did you use where you got that error message when trying to rip a SACD-R?  Of course, a SACD-R can also be copied on a computer DVD drive, since it not unencrypted.

And if there were bootleg SACD-Rs that would imply that was a genuine SACD at some point, unless someone were authoring bootleg SACDs and then burning them as SACD-Rs.

1 hour ago, Phthalocyanine said:

I've successfully ripped several SACD-Rs on the Sony S590 in the course of testing.  Which player did you use where you got that error message when trying to rip a SACD-R?  Of course, a SACD-R can also be copied on a computer DVD drive, since it not unencrypted.

And if there were bootleg SACD-Rs that would imply that was a genuine SACD at some point, unless someone were authoring bootleg SACDs and then burning them as SACD-Rs.

They are not true SACDs or copies of true SACDs , rather upmixes made unofficially and sold on DVD as "SACD Rs"

They are not made from SACD ISOs.

There are plenty of them about ,

Lots of David Bowie

Pink Floyd

Alan Parsons Project etc.

All unofficial fakes and not authored like a true scarletbook disc.

You cant rip them using this process , you can copy them as ISOs with other programs , they usually are not protected.

They play in most DVD players and Blu Ray players , quality varies as you can imagine , they are just bootlegs.

15 hours ago, loadam59 said:

The led on your usb key should be blinking when you insert it 😎

The LED does blink and I figured out what was going wrong, I was waiting too long at which point the AutoScript wants to reopen the disc tray.

So with the S7200, once the machine is put to sleep and the thumb drive then inserted, you have only a second or two once that thumb drive LED indicates activity to hit the Run button in the GUI to execute the rip. If you wait any longer than that, then the disc tray reopens.

So for using the Sleep-server method on the S6200/7200, it makes sense to edit out the line in the script that opens the disc tray as you don't want that happening after sleeping the machine.

How do I edit out that line?

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

20 hours ago, MikeyFresh said:

How do I edit out that line?

More specific directions for editing these files in general.

In Windows, open the file in Notepad (a built-in text editor program).  (In a Mac, use a reputable text editor program.)

Do your edit.

Save - keeping all the existing settings for the file & save without a file extension.

If you end up with the file extension .txt, rename the file and remove the file extension.

6 hours ago, Phthalocyanine said:

In a Mac, use a reputable text editor program.

With macOS the native/venerable TextEdit application gets the job done without issue, it does not try to change the existing .TSS file extension.

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

5 minutes ago, Dick Darlington said:

My first clue that something was going on with non visible characters was when I noticed subtle differences in file sizes. A file edited on the Mac appearing to have the exact same contents as a working one had slightly fewer characters which led me to looking at the EOL markers. What I found was that of the three varieties, the Mac/Unix LF did not work whereas both the DOS CR and the “Mac classic” CR did. 

Thank you for that explanation, I had to this point only deleted that line that opens the drawer and so would not have known anything other than that worked in TextEdit.

Now if I give the script referenced by @loadam59 above, I'll know to copy/paste/edit an existing line rather than actually hit Return and start a whole new line.

Is there any text editor available for Mac that will behave properly?

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

9 minutes ago, Dick Darlington said:

What I have found is that TextEdit on the Mac will render my scripts partially or fully inoperable in certain situations; specifically if a new line is created in the normal way, that is by hitting the Return key. 

If all I do is go in and edit the interior of one or more lines all is fine. If I select an entire line and delete it all is fine. But as soon as I hit Return at to insert a new line the script is broken from that point on due to the existing DOS CRLF line termination being replaced with the Mac’s Unix-like LF terminator. And yes I know this is totally bass ackwards counterintuitive. 

This is was actually driving me 🦇 💩 crazy a year or so ago when I was doing a lot of trial and error experimenting, which involved incremental editing of scripts. As soon as I thought I nailed something down and moved on, a few trials later nothing worked and I had to go back to my original downloaded script and start again. I’m still traumatized by that experience!

My first clue that something was going on with non visible characters was when I noticed subtle differences in file sizes. A file edited on the Mac appearing to have the exact same contents as a working one had slightly fewer characters which led me to looking at the EOL markers. What I found was that of the three varieties, the Mac/Unix LF did not work whereas both the DOS CR and the “Mac classic” CR did. 

So I have long since learned to, when using TextEdit, create new lines by copying an existing line; pasting it into the desired position and then changing its contents as required. Alternatively I edit the files using notepad in a Windows VM. 

BTW this is what I’ve observed on both my Oppo and my Sony S590. Other players’ mileage may vary. 

Oh my, that sounds like TextEdit is setup to replace common characters like double quotes with Unicode.  I think there is a setting for that... but I am on an iPad right now and cannot look it up. :) 

Of course, opening a terminal window and using vi/vim avoids all the possible problems. Or using xCode as an editor. Or even Visual Studio. All free options. 

Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat DAC.

Robert A. Heinlein

Here are the release candidates (streamlined & simplified) of the AutoRip scripts mentioned here:

type A1

• AutoScript

#MTKAT 0.xx script
CLI(CLI_exec cp /mnt/sd*/AutoScript/sacd_extract_160 /)
CLI(CLI_exec insmod /lib/modules/2.6.35/BDP/splitter.ko)
CLI(CLI_exec /sacd_extract_160 -S &)
CLI(CLI_drv.ir.rx.sq 0xaf000)
CLI(CLI_exec /bin/sh /mnt/sd*/AutoScript/autorip.sh)
  • autorip.sh

sleep 50
cd /mnt/sd*/AutoScript
./sacd_extract* -I

AutoRip1.thumb.PNG.1d061b2f192297842ffd1973dd149dc0.PNG

type A2

• AutoScript

#MTKAT 0.xx script
CLI(CLI_exec cp /mnt/sd*/AutoScript/sacd_extract_6200 /)
CLI(CLI_exec /sacd_extract_6200 -S &)
  • autorip.sh

sleep 50
cd /mnt/sd*/AutoScript
./sacd_extract* -I

The USB-flash drive is inserted while the player is ON [Awake Mode].

There is a 50 SECONDs time window after the tray has opened to:

1. Insert the disc
  2. Close the tray manually
  3. Wait for the disc to be recognised AND shown as SACD on the TV screen
  4. Alter the SACD channel output via OSD menu [DSD 2ch <-> DSD multi-ch]

AutoRip2.thumb.PNG.6aa53166f3a0d8ff19640e21c84ac7af.PNG

type A3

• AutoScript

#MTKAT 0.xx script
CLI(CLI_exec cp /mnt/sd*/AutoScript/sacd_extract_6200 /)
CLI(CLI_exec /sacd_extract_6200 -S &)
CLI(CLI_drv.sacd.tray 1)
CLI(CLI_exec sleep 10s)
CLI(CLI_drv.sacd.tray 0)
CLI(CLI_drv.sacd.tray 1)
  • autorip.sh

sleep 10
cd /mnt/sd*/AutoScript
./sacd_extract* -I

The USB-flash drive is inserted while the player is SEMI-OFF [Sleep Mode].

The window of opportunity starts with the auto-opening of the tray and its auto-closure after 10 SECONDS.

The disc must be placed onto the tray - NOTHING ELSE NEEDS TO BE DONE!

Please test the new (shortened) scripts and comment on them!

It would be interesting to know if the A3 type works in AWAKE MODE on the Sony S6200 & S7200 or if the A2 including the manual channel switch over needs to be applied on them as well .