IGNORED

AudiophileOptimizer BETA Thread (AO 3.00 beta is closed)

I am a new member since last year in december and have meanwhile managed to get the win 2012 minimal server running - I can also run it in core but waiting for Roon to be made work there...now I want to make the next step - windows 2016 core mode - installing was no problem but to intstall nay software - no clue how this goes - in minimal server mode I manage this with the task manager coming from Gui to minimal server mode - and Q- Dir to make all the programs run - like PLasso, Fidelizer and whatever - but in Win Server 2016 core I do not even know how to install the Q-Dir - I have it and all the other programs on a USB stick - and I guess I need to know the path to it and a detailed help to learn how to do it - can anybody share his/her knowledge with me - I go for the best quality thats why I want and will manage this task - but without your help - no chance - I found nothing in the net so far...

Hope I am not too far off with this question among all the professionals here - and if I am - please tell me where to direct my asking for help...

Thank you!

4 hours ago, Mouna said:

I am a new member since last year in december and have meanwhile managed to get the win 2012 minimal server running - I can also run it in core but waiting for Roon to be made work there...now I want to make the next step - windows 2016 core mode - installing was no problem but to intstall nay software - no clue how this goes - in minimal server mode I manage this with the task manager coming from Gui to minimal server mode - and Q- Dir to make all the programs run - like PLasso, Fidelizer and whatever - but in Win Server 2016 core I do not even know how to install the Q-Dir - I have it and all the other programs on a USB stick - and I guess I need to know the path to it and a detailed help to learn how to do it - can anybody share his/her knowledge with me - I go for the best quality thats why I want and will manage this task - but without your help - no chance - I found nothing in the net so far...

Hope I am not too far off with this question among all the professionals here - and if I am - please tell me where to direct my asking for help...

Thank you!

Just run Q-Dir directly from your USB stick using command prompt.  No need to install it.

8 hours ago, austinpop said:

Minor bug report on iOS:

When composing content, hitting return does not trigger the automatic toggle to upper case for the first letter of the first word of a new paragraph.

For example in this post, I had to manually correct the w in when and the f in for.

Like I said - minor.

Oops - my bad - posted in the wrong Topic. Plz ignore.

5 hours ago, Mouna said:

Thank you for your Reply - since I am not an expert I do not know how to run the USB stick from cmd...

Best

Mouna

I suggest you had better use the shareware TotalCommander because AO provides its shell.  Then you may use mouse again.

9 hours ago, greenleo said:

I suggest you had better use the shareware TotalCommander because AO provides its shell.  Then you may use mouse again.

thank you greenleo - can you tell me the command to install it and whatever else - that was my question I do not know how to install it from cmd - I could as well install Q-Dir also if I only knew how to open - make it appear and know how to  access the USB Stick with the cmd and from there access the programs which I want to install...

Any help for me?

1 - creates a folder "q" in the root usb, with inside q-dir.exe and rest of the files

2 - cmd:    diskpart   enter  -  list volume   enter

3 - You will now see your USB key, ( example d: )

4 - now to launch  d: \ q \ q-dir.exe

Greetings
Anto

1 hour ago, Anto said:

1 - creates a folder "q" in the root usb, with inside q-dir.exe and rest of the files

2 - cmd:    diskpart   enter  -  list volume   enter

3 - You will now see your USB key, ( example d: )

4 - now to launch  d: \ q \ q-dir.exe

Greetings
Anto

to 1 how?.........

to 2 diskpart enter yes but then volume list only Shows a list of commands but not the volume...

since i know the letter of the volume = F i tried number 4 of your hints but no result .....could not be found with this path...

so still at the beginning....please...

thanks

54 minutes ago, Mouna said:

to 1 how?.........

to 2 diskpart enter yes but then volume list only Shows a list of commands but not the volume...

since i know the letter of the volume = F i tried number 4 of your hints but no result .....could not be found with this path...

so still at the beginning....please...

thanks

hi Anto...number 1 I created the Folder in F - understood it wrong first - sorry - ...but still nothing happens...

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

15 minutes ago, Mouna said:

hi Anto...number 1 I created the Folder in F - understood it wrong first - sorry - ...but still nothing happens...

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

correction:  listing volumes is list volume not volume list - by Trial and error - a lot error....

now the path is wrong having created a Folder q in USB Root....

who can help - only a1000 miles wawy from using winserver 2016 in core mode....but so Close...

greetings

8 minutes ago, Mouna said:

correction:  listing volumes is list volume not volume list - by Trial and error - a lot error....

now the path is wrong having created a Folder q in USB Root....

who can help - only a1000 miles wawy from using winserver 2016 in core mode....but so Close...

greetings

Hi Mouna,

You had better to learn the basic commands before dive into the core mode.

For the operations you want to do, the following are some hints:

Change the drive(use X: where X is the drive letter), change directory ( use the cd command), and launching applications (by typing the name of the applications) are VERY VERY BASIC operations.  I do not meant to shout to you but do want to emphasis that these operations are indeed very basic.  If you can't do these, it would be very difficult for others to help more---I don't know the drive letter of your USB stick, I don't know the directory(folder) that holds Q-dir, ...

There will be more challenge in using 2016 Core mode.  Please equip yourself with ability in using commands.  Otherwise you'd better try the 2016 GUI mode first.  This is the best advice that I may give you.

Regards

Bug report for Version 2.20 Beta 4 on windows server 2016 in core on Control PC

Problem report if I have disable network related services I lose the JPLAY link to the Audio PC.

no ping possible. error unable to contact IP driver. General failure.

if I roll back and enable network related services the Audio PC can be ping and plays as normal.

this is when I'm using a USB dongle on the Control PC. A PCIE network adapter in the same PC does not exhibit the problem, but does not sound as good as the USB dongle.. most services are disabled where I can in AO using ultimate mode. This is a repeatable problem. previous AO builds I could disable network related services. Static is set. anything else I can do to help trouble shoot Phil?

Thanks

John

Hi

Thanks for the report. I think this issue is a combination of Server 2016 in Core Mode and the USB dongle itself. 

What exact setup did you have when it was working? OS and exact AO version is of interest.

Best,

AudioPhil

ıllıllı [  ...AO 4.00 BETA... ] ıllıllı
____________________________________________________________________________________

Shop | Reviews | Reference System | AudiophileOptimizer 3.00 | PDF Guide

Hello Phil

What exact setup did you have when it was working? OS and exact AO version is of interest

Previous install = server 2012R2 core mode with AO Version 2.20 beta 4 in ultimate mode with all setting that can be shutdown, I've previously had network services off, as using static. Using serv2016 on the Audio PC I get the same trouble as with the control pc with USB dongles. Would you like me to record the settings in detail, I can reset drivers (st) and run (ao) again writing them down as I go?

On 4/11/2017 at 6:38 AM, greenleo said:

You don't need them to play music.  Please read my other post which stated how to make W16 Core mode sing.

So sorry but I scanned the whole thread but couldn't find your post on how to make 2016 core mode sing. 

To be more specific, my issue is with the Control PC on WinServer2016 core mode. I could play music using JplayMini but Foobar could not see any Output device. It is showing NULL in the selection. I installed VB-audio HiFi driver and AsioBridge but to no avail. I hope you could point me to a solution. Thanks in advance.

6 hours ago, Lukasluis said:

So sorry but I scanned the whole thread but couldn't find your post on how to make 2016 core mode sing. 

To be more specific, my issue is with the Control PC on WinServer2016 core mode. I could play music using JplayMini but Foobar could not see any Output device. It is showing NULL in the selection. I installed VB-audio HiFi driver and AsioBridge but to no avail. I hope you could point me to a solution. Thanks in advance.

I managed to get Foobar working by installing the Asio component plugin within Foobar. The only issue I have now is MinimServer does not play music. Is there a way I could select the output device in MinimServer?

7 hours ago, Lukasluis said:

please read my post posted in page 7 on 26 Feb.  There's a simple walk through.  Please note that I'm using a single PC.

The forum doesn't indicate post number makes referencing difficult.  I don't know how to insert link yet, sorry.