IGNORED

AudiophileOptimizer BETA Thread (AO 3.00 beta is closed)

Hi Larry

The build numbers are no longer displayed since quite a while, "2.20" is fine.

You must select "Roon" in the shell replacement section of the ServiceTool to see the combo shell replacements for Roon & HQP.

Best,

AudioPhil

Works great, even setting Hqplayer to high priority, well done!

Pareto Audio aka nuckleheadaudio

Hi @AudioPhil -

I currently have MinimServer in my startup folder, and have process lasso set the priority of javaw.exe to High.

If I select MinimServer as the replacement shell in service tool - on 2.2 beta4 with W10 Ent - I get an error on boot.

Do I need to back out the auto startup and PL setting? Is there a way to delay the start of MinimServer until the SMB drive mount is complete? Also in this mode do you also set the priority to High, so I don't need to do it via PL?

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Computer Audiophile

Hi !

Revert back all Audiophile Optimizer setting to do a windows update, but updates don't start so it seems I have modified a settings somewhere I should do (windows update services and install services are running). So I plan to install Win2016 from scratch.

Is there an added value to update windows? Could that give a better stability on different side (patch to resolve issues?)

Thanks,

CAT

Hi

For Maintenance-Tasks like installing Windows Updates you need to do a reset using the ServiceTool. Once Maintenance is done you need to do a full run of AO again to get fully optimized.

It is always recommended to have all available windows updates installed, especially for Windows Server 2016 which still is "under construction" from Microsoft. But this is a general advice for ALL OS's.

Very best,

AudioPhil

ıllıllı [  ...AO 4.00 BETA... ] ıllıllı
____________________________________________________________________________________

Shop | Reviews | Reference System | AudiophileOptimizer 3.00 | PDF Guide

Hi Phil,

I tried to use the Service Tool to reset an already AO optimized partition. But it ask me to enter another activation code! What shall I do?

I have installed another SSD in the system and installed new Windows there. However, I never use AO for this new partition. Does it matter?

Hi

Both AO and ServiceTool need to be activated. You need to activate ServiceTool if you want to use it. If you need more support regarding this matter contact [email protected].

Best,

AudioPhil

____________________________________________________________________________________

I deinstalled a Wifi-card which I don´t use on my PC. I controlled in Task-manager if the desinstallation coursed conflicts in some way, but everything was OK. But next time I started AO it asked me to enter a new activation code. So I stopped AO, reinserted the Wifi-card, started AO again - and it works as before. Not quiet confident with the fact that AO forces me not to do changes in my system.

Hi

yes i did, and its all working great so far (closed Beta 5 Preview 2). This was one of the most exhausting things i ever did with AO. I just needed a break after finally having it working (after so many years actually trying to get it to work...!)

This will probably be the biggest and most relevant achievment since the birth of AO. I expect a huge demand for this feature once released. And there will be a lot of work still to be done to get "all" the media players to work with as well. Since i am still tired and exhausted from coding it, i just hold it back for a while and try to take care for the most relevant media players meanwhile..)

depending on how that goes it might remain a yet secret and hidden feature in the comig Beta 5 of AO 2.20, ...or not! :-)

we shall see....

very best,

AudioPhil

Any news?

Hi Phil,

I use Win 2016 GUI with audiophile optimizer (last beta). After having applied AO, I have checked running services and found that around 40 services were still running, which is a lot more than my previous setup Win 2012 r2 wit AO. So I manually disabled around 20 services, so now I have 21 windows services running.

Of course the sound is now different, it is more detailed but it can be less “big”, narrower sometimes.

Is that a good idea to manually deactivate services after AO on Win2016?

Why is there so many services still running after AO on Win2016? Does AO still need to be “optimized” for Win 2016, or is it better regarding the sound to not to disable some services (event if everything works perfectly well with these services disabled?)

The list of disabled services is hereunder (18 + 4 others that I didn’t note). Please note that I’m using my AO server as a NAS to gather my SOTM SMS-200.

windows firewall
network list service
network location awareness
windows event log
windows time
windows connection manager
quality windows audio video experience
ike and authipsec keying modules
function discovery resource publication
distributed transaction coordinator
windows audio
windows audio endpoint builder
network setup service
wlan autoconfig
tcp/ip netbios helper
computer browser
workstation
AMD external events utility

Thanks in advance,

CAT

2 hours ago, Nouchka said:

Why is there so many services still running after AO on Win2016? Does AO still need to be “optimized” for Win 2016, or is it better regarding the sound to not to disable some services (event if everything works perfectly well with these services disabled?)

Hi Nouchka,

may I remind you that this is a beta version with work in progress ;) 

The answer is that Phil choosed to make a reliable working beta focussed on Server 2016 available for his customers for testing. If you follow the thread you see that additional services have been shut off in newer versions. 

So be patient and enjoy what you can get so far as it is for testing but mainly free of bugs :)

Take care

Thomas

DIY coax tractrix horn system 2 corner subwoofer /// 6 full digital amplifier D802 floating PSU 12V battery & caps/filter /// Active crossover @ Acourate Convolver & room correction@MC30 /// General 2 PC setup: floating PSU picoless battery & caps/filter powered Bicker DC160W: PC1(Player) - individual stripped MS RamOS with JPlay /// PC2: Server 2016 RamOS - AO 2.0b5 - Acourate Convolver - online convolving & crossover /// Chain: PC1 - USB - F-1 - SPdif coax - Mutec MC3.1+ USB - SPdif coax - FireFace UCX floating PSU 12V battery & caps/filter - USB - PC2 - FireFace UCX - Adat LWL - Mutec MC-4 - 3 x SPdif coax - D802 Low/ D802 Middle / D802 High - 2 Stereo Lab KWH250 with BMS 4590 plus 2 modified corner subwoofer Abacus ABS210

2 hours ago, Nouchka said:

Hi Phil,

I use Win 2016 GUI with audiophile optimizer (last beta). After having applied AO, I have checked running services and found that around 40 services were still running, which is a lot more than my previous setup Win 2012 r2 wit AO. So I manually disabled around 20 services, so now I have 21 windows services running.

Of course the sound is now different, it is more detailed but it can be less “big”, narrower sometimes.

Is that a good idea to manually deactivate services after AO on Win2016?

The list of disabled services is hereunder (18 + 4 others that I didn’t note). Please note that I’m using my AO server as a NAS to gather my SOTM SMS-200.

windows firewall
network list service
network location awareness
windows event log
windows time
windows connection manager
quality windows audio video experience
ike and authipsec keying modules
function discovery resource publication
distributed transaction coordinator
windows audio
windows audio endpoint builder
network setup service
wlan autoconfig
tcp/ip netbios helper
computer browser
workstation
AMD external events utility

Thanks in advance,

CAT

Hi CAT,

Did you use the command tasklist /FI "STATUS eq RUNNING" to check?  Lot's of threads will be just hanging around without much consumption of CPU time or other resources.

3 hours ago, greenleo said:

Hi CAT,

Did you use the command tasklist /FI "STATUS eq RUNNING" to check?  Lot's of threads will be just hanging around without much consumption of CPU time or other resources.

Hi,

No I didn't tried this command, I use task manager.

My question was more in this sense: can disable some service have a negative impact on sound quality? In french we say "parfois le mieux est l'enemi du bien", which means that sometimes trying to improve even more can have a negative impact. 

So, does someone already experience that disabling to many process could have a negative impact on the sound quality (sound that could be more cold and narrower for example)?

6 hours ago, Nouchka said:

Hi,

No I didn't tried this command, I use task manager.

My question was more in this sense: can disable some service have a negative impact on sound quality? In french we say "parfois le mieux est l'enemi du bien", which means that sometimes trying to improve even more can have a negative impact. 

So, does someone already experience that disabling to many process could have a negative impact on the sound quality (sound that could be more cold and narrower for example)?

I get you.  You worry that do more harm than good.  If you take the PC as a music player, then I never encountered the negative effect of disabling unwanted services.

I'm now using 2016 Core.  According to the task manager, tens of processes are running.  But I use that command to check and find that only a handful is running.  The SQ of core is better than that of 2016 GUI.  YMMV☺

I do not recommend disabling more services than AO does.

From the posted list, a lot services where not disabled because AO's "disable network related services" feature was not used. Using this feature would disable many more services.

One or two of the disabled services from the list will end in trouble sooner or later. 

So if one is not absolutely sure about what he is doing and how to get out of it again should it go sideways, i'd really be careful with this.

best,

AudioPhil

4 hours ago, AudioPhil said:

I do not recommend disabling more services than AO does.

From the posted list, a lot services where not disabled because AO's "disable network related services" feature was not used. Using this feature would disable many more services.

One or two of the disabled services from the list will end in trouble sooner or later. 

So if one is not absolutely sure about what he is doing and how to get out of it again should it go sideways, i'd really be careful with this.

best,

AudioPhil

Thanks Phil for your advice.  

Using AO ultimate mode in Core 2016 results only 5 processes running after issuing the tasklist command.  I am very happy.

I hope that the network bridge may be established again in the Core Mode through 3rd party sw someday so that the direct connection may be used again☺

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!

I have something strange with my audio server: I cannot keep the CPU speed fixed, it always changed from 1.2 to 2.4 GHZ. I have carrefully checked than "intel speedstep", "hyperthreading", "C3", "C6" are disabled in the BIOS and my O.S is set to "high performance mode" under power options.

The only way to fix the CPU speed to his maximum speed is by enabling "C6" in the bios ... How is that possible?

I use a windows server mainboard with XEON CPU, windows 2016 with Audiophile Optimizer.

Does someone have an idea?

Thanks in advance ;-)

CAT

Hello I have just installed the beta Win serv 2016 in core on both Control and Audio PC.

The configuration that I can get to work is JPLAY mini using Q-dir to select music files.

(SQ report compared to the same configuration of win serv 2012 core. serv 2016 is significantly improved in all respects of SQ the timing is fantastic, the AO optimiser has amazed me again. I wont be going back to Win serv 2012 that's for sure.

Should I be able to install Java to get Minimserver going, when I use the process listed in another thread here by Phil the batch and cfg wont run I get a report. - unable to install java. unable to open file C:\temp\jre.cfg. check the configuration file exist etc.

I can run the same batch and cfg files on my win 10 machine and install the static jre .exe

At this stage is the beta ready for that configuration to work?

1 hour ago, gonefishing said:

Hello I have just installed the beta Win serv 2016 in core on both Control and Audio PC.

The configuration that I can get to work is JPLAY mini using Q-dir to select music files.

(SQ report compared to the same configuration of win serv 2012 core. serv 2016 is significantly improved in all respects of SQ the timing is fantastic, the AO optimiser has amazed me again. I wont be going back to Win serv 2012 that's for sure.

Should I be able to install Java to get Minimserver going, when I use the process listed in another thread here by Phil the batch and cfg wont run I get a report. - unable to install java. unable to open file C:\temp\jre.cfg. check the configuration file exist etc.

I can run the same batch and cfg files on my win 10 machine and install the static jre .exe

At this stage is the beta ready for that configuration to work?

I should have stated some details = system is Control PC win server 2016 in core old intel quad core 8 gigs ram with ssd drive and gig USB nics to Audio PC intel NUC - kitted out with silent case and linear PSU's with win server 2016 in core, drivers for PS Audio Direct stream and Renasas USB drivers PaulPang card.

AO beta 4  

On 2/24/2017 at 10:11 PM, greenleo said:

Hi Phil,

I've sorted out the "net start | more" a few hours ago and am just home. Both the AudioEnd Int Builder and the Audio Service are not working after the command.

Any suggestions? How did you turn in the service?

Hi, Care to share how did you manage to start the services? i can't seem to find them in the Services list on Win Server 2016 core. Thanks.