IGNORED

AudiophileOptimizer BETA Thread (AO 3.00 beta is closed)

Hello Grunter

#1 regarding MMCSS. Does that work on 2016 GUI, yes or no?

regarding opengl32.dll, this is expected when the proprietary graphics driver isn't installed. Try installing it either using DriverHelper and/or Device Manager.

Best,

AudioPhil

ıllıllı [  ...AO 4.00 BETA... ] ıllıllı
____________________________________________________________________________________

Shop | Reviews | Reference System | AudiophileOptimizer 3.00 | PDF Guide

20 minutes ago, AudioPhil said:

Hello Grunter

#1 regarding MMCSS. Does that work on 2016 GUI, yes or no?

Yes, it works regularly in 2016 GUI.

regarding opengl32.dll, this is expected when the proprietary graphics driver isn't installed. Try installing it either using DriverHelper and/or Device Manager.

Thanks, I'll try to install it with Device Manager or DriverHelper.

The MMCSS service was moved from user to kernel mode. Thats why you can no longer see it running in server 2016 when you enter "net start".

Using AO 2.20 Beta 5 it does run again indeed, you can see that it is already running when you enter "net start mmcss".

still all this does not help you... :/

____________________________________________________________________________________

23 minutes ago, AudioPhil said:

The MMCSS service was moved from user to kernel mode. Thats why you can no longer see it running in server 2016 when you enter "net start".

Using AO 2.20 Beta 5 it does run again indeed, you can see that it is already running when you enter "net start mmcss".

still all this does not help you... :/

I'll try to run "net start mmcss", thanks!

Hello Folks

For those heading to High-End 2017 in Munich please feel free to visit us at the SOtM Audio booth! :) We'll be on site from Thursday to Saturday afternoon.

2017-HighEnd_SOtM.png

See you there,

AudioPhil

With the generous support from AudioPhil I am now playing Foobar2k in Core mode Win2016.

I started with AO 2.2B5 without installing the main AO 2.10.

But now I am facing problem importing folder in Media library of Foobar, Please see the screen shot.

Please let me know how to resolve this problem.

Thanks.

foo.png

3 minutes ago, AudioPhil said:

Hello Folks

For those heading to High-End 2017 in Munich please feel free to visit us at the SOtM Audio booth! :) We'll be on site from Thursday to Saturday afternoon.

2017-HighEnd_SOtM.png

See you there,

AudioPhil

Nice to see you participating in the BIG SHOW. Hope you will get a very positive feedback.

@ Asimov,

I had exactly the same problem. I could solve it, because I had made a security-copy of all Foobar settings from 2012r2, which I had before (C:\Users\"current user"\AppData\Roaming\foobar2000). I simply copied my old settings into the respective folder of WS2016 after I had installed foobar - and voila- foobar accepted the path to the music-folder (same folder which I had before in my WS2012r2-settings).

Martin

5 hours ago, bummer said:

@ Asimov,

I had exactly the same problem. I could solve it, because I had made a security-copy of all Foobar settings from 2012r2, which I had before (C:\Users\"current user"\AppData\Roaming\foobar2000). I simply copied my old settings into the respective folder of WS2016 after I had installed foobar - and voila- foobar accepted the path to the music-folder (same folder which I had before in my WS2012r2-settings).

Martin

You are so wise, Martin. I did not aware of the trick and now in trouble.

Thanks for sharing your trick.

In core mode of W2012R2 & Win2016 I am facing a problem for long and failed find any solution.

If I minimize Foobar2K I can't bring it back to front, and if I sign out without closing the Foobat2K it crashes.

Please let me know if anybody knows the solution.

Thanks.

20 hours ago, Asimov said:

In core mode of W2012R2 & Win2016 I am facing a problem for long and failed find any solution.

If I minimize Foobar2K I can't bring it back to front, and if I sign out without closing the Foobat2K it crashes.

Please let me know if anybody knows the solution.

Thanks.

Can you use Alt-tab to switch to the Foobar2k window?

Does Win Server 2016 Essentials provide a core mode install option?

I've done an install but was never asked, and have got the gui

Source: Pink Faun Ultra - Chord DAVE

Amps: VTV Purifi

Speakers: Trenner and Friedel RA

Cables : JCAT reference USB, Tellerium XLR, Kubula-Sosna Elation speaker

Plus CEC TL 5 Cd transport - Blackcat Tron BNC - Chord DAVE

9 hours ago, Asimov said:

No. Alt-tab to switch to the Foobar2k works in GUI but not in core mode.

Thanks for the reply.

How about using Ctrl-Alt-Delete to switch to task manager?  Choose the detail mode, find the Foobar2k,then switch to there?

Hi Phil

The Win 2016 gui mode+Roonserver, HQplayer, AO 2.2b5, Fideliser and Process lasso is sounding really good

And I haven't gone back around to Disable drivers and Services yet

Will look at geting the full server version rather than essentials, and using core mode

I found myself dropping back from signature 1B to 1C - there is quite a significant difference

Have you considered finer graduations? B- C- ...

I have only used some of the 1 series and the 4 series looking at my notes for the last couple of years, never 2 or 3

Source: Pink Faun Ultra - Chord DAVE

Amps: VTV Purifi

Speakers: Trenner and Friedel RA

Cables : JCAT reference USB, Tellerium XLR, Kubula-Sosna Elation speaker

Plus CEC TL 5 Cd transport - Blackcat Tron BNC - Chord DAVE

Hi all, 

With B5 I've had one issue from a clean install which wasn't there with Beta 4 (operating system, W10 CU: Clean install)

Running Fiderlizer in shell mode with all services switched off MWI service issue which I didn't see with Beta 4 and causes Fidelizer to complain on start up

Now I'm not placing blame on anyone here as it's could be the clean install of the latest W10. Although I've done it more than once and have the same result

Also the processes have jumped up quite bit. Almost double processes are running as I was  down to 48 with the last build (again could be because Fidelizer was not working correctly). Having said that I'm now up around 90. It seems many are sayings it's because of "Svchost" and them processes beinging assigned them whereas they used to be grouped

There seems to be a few hacks out there, but im going to leave it for a while to see how much of a difference it makes once my system has a few hours under it with a clean install

With the tuning bit, what's the most common combination of setting for audio turning via AO

I currently use 1-A, but I'm curious as to what people use as an output with different settings

DAC, HDMI, USB card + DAC etc etc

Maybe Phil can shed some light with the configuration and whether A is sharper, faster, slower or even softer and the same for 1 to 4?

It might enable use to better tune our systems as our ears are fantastic as lying to us dying the setup of different combinations. 

Cheers, Shane

3 hours ago, grunter said:

Hi, concerning Digital filter and Signature I've always used 1A, everything else sounds less transparent to me.
I found 1A very fast and clear.

Yes this is correct. 1A is the most "exact" way, most precise, fast and clear. 4D on the other hand is more lifelike, more fluid, more body to the sound, more weight. 4D is more like a tube amp while 1A is more like transistor amp.

2 minutes ago, AudioPhil said:

Yes this is correct. 1A is the most "exact" way, most precise, fast and clear. 4D on the other hand is more lifelike, more fluid, more body to the sound, more weight. 4D is more like a tube amp while 1A is more like transistor amp.

+1

I found this setting very useful to address subtle tonal flavors in my setup.

For example, I liked 2B with the MicroRendu, while switching to 3C for the slightly more revealing sMS-200.

i have to say - I don't really hear any differences with the different letters, like I do with the numbers. I've just been matching the letter to the number as a convention - so I compare 1a, 2b, 3c, and 4d.

Phil - how would you describe the effect of A to D? And, what are the X settings?

Hi Phil. I have been running AO 2.20 Beta 5 on my dual PC setup since its release. It's great and certainly offers a sonic upgrade over previous vesrions. A couple of questions if I may ...

I tried changing the shell on my Control PC to Minimserver. This seems to offer a noticeable improvement in sound quality. Would you expect running my Control PC with Minimserver as shell to sound better.

I am yet to try to get WS2016 running in Core Mode. It all looks a little daunting for the 'computer idiot' such as myself. Are future versions of AO likely to make core installation and setup easier? If so I'll hold fire for the time being. Although a further improvement in sound quality would be good, I'm quite happy with the sound that I am getting.

Your advice on these two points would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Hello

Once 2.20 will be released we'll cetainly have a proper guide on how to install the OS itself, Core and GUI.

2.20 might contain even more than device manager and sound control panel for 2016 core mode, let's see.

Best,

AudioPhil