IGNORED

Sonore microRendu

On 2017-6-13 at 11:47 PM, firedog said:

Before release Sonore dropped the use of the Greek letter Mu (it wasn't a "u") and decided to call it the microRendu.

So there is mR and uR - no reason to confuse them.

I like UR better.  In these days, u and mu are not that differentiable when 1st glance.  Ultra deserves a capital U IMHO☺

2 hours ago, Strojo said:

Anyone running into an issue where their MR isn't seen by http://www.sonicorbiter.com/ any longer?  I was ok until the other day when I updated the unit...now it's not showing up in the list of network players.  Roon still sees it, and I can still play music through it.

Thoughts?

Yes.  I'm going to test again today but had the issue.

Jesus, tonight I can't get my microRendu working again.  I've run this same configuration successfully before.

When I go to sonicorbiter.com, I see the microRendu listed under Network Players.  But when I click on Manage, I get This site cannot be reached 192.168.1.131 took too long to respond.

Just a few minutes before clicking Manage stopped working, I was getting through to the page where you can set mode and so on.  So what's going on?

Anyway, even when I had everything set up right using DLNA/MPD mode and using Qobuz on BubbleUPnP on my Android phone, I couldn't get any sound.  I've used exactly this configuration before successfully, so I can't figure out what's wrong this time.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

4 hours ago, rickca said:

Jesus, tonight I can't get my microRendu working again.  I've run this same configuration successfully before.

When I go to sonicorbiter.com, I see the microRendu listed under Network Players.  But when I click on Manage, I get This site cannot be reached 192.168.1.131 took too long to respond.

Just a few minutes before clicking Manage stopped working, I was getting through to the page where you can set mode and so on.  So what's going on?

Anyway, even when I had everything set up right using DLNA/MPD mode and using Qobuz on BubbleUPnP on my Android phone, I couldn't get any sound.  I've used exactly this configuration before successfully, so I can't figure out what's wrong this time.

Do I need to move you into the newbe section:) I would be guessing unless you tell me if it's connected directly to router (no gizmos in-between and no bridge mode usage) and it has LEDs flashing on the back of the unit? 

Hi Jesus,

Is it possible to have the Squeezelite app replaced by the R2 version, or the R2 version be included as an additional app.

https://github.com/marcoc1712/squeezelite-R2/releases/

It is the same as the standard app, but, it allows the app to read the incoming headers:

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?107012-Transcode-Resample-Custom-convert-conf&p=877374&viewfull=1#post877374

The issue for me is that my DAC will accept a maximum of 9624; so my 192 files give silence.

I can use SOX to output files as a lower resolution, but as they were originally 24/192 this is what Squeezlite expects and so I achieve white noise.

An advantage of this to other users is that they could then install the LMS C-3PO plugin and experiment with upsampling.

......please.

Cheers,

M

7 hours ago, vortecjr said:

Do I need to move you into the newbe section:)

Yes, it's been so long since I set up my microRendu I've forgotten a lot!

Here's something crazy.  I disconnected my microRendu completely ... no power, no ethernet cable.  Yet I go to sonicorbiter.com and it still reports a network player with the correct MAC at IP address 192.168.1.131.

That can't be right!  I tried clearing my cookies (I use ccleaner) and it didn't make any difference.  How can I fix this?

We had a power failure last night.  I'm still trying to recover everything.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

@vortecjr it's all working again after disconnecting everything and starting from scratch.  I'm not sure why.

10 minutes ago, mttbsh said:

When I worked for a while on an Oracle help desk we used to called these technical mishaps "microwaves off the moon" - in other words, things happen - no explanation available - just be happy it's back up & running!

Ah yes, things "always" work ... until they don't. If everything always worked, there'd be no need to tech support.

Back in the day I remember people calling me to say something wasn't working and that nothing had changed. They always said, "If nothing changed how could it stop working?" That's why I had a job :~)

Stuff happens, as they say.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

1 hour ago, rickca said:

@vortecjr it's all working again after disconnecting everything and starting from scratch.  I'm not sure why.

I looked in the Windows 10 Pro event viewer.  Seems my ethernet adapter was resetting repeatedly.  When this happened, I think I needed to go into Settings ==> MPD/DLNA Renderer ==> Save Changes which I think restarts MPD.  Does this make any sense?

Of course, the issue of why my ethernet adapter is resetting is all mine to solve.

1 hour ago, rickca said:

Here's something crazy.  I disconnected my microRendu completely ... no power, no ethernet cable.  Yet I go to sonicorbiter.com and it still reports a network player with the correct MAC at IP address 192.168.1.131.

That can't be right!  I tried clearing my cookies (I use ccleaner) and it didn't make any difference.  How can I fix this?

Same here. I guess there is a cache / timeout on sonicorbiter (should this be "sonic-orbiter" or "sonic-or-bitter"?)

Just wait some minutes / hours. As I usually don't use the sonicorbiter service, I don't really care (I have blocked all outgoing traffic anyway, unless I check for updates once in a while)

8 hours ago, MrUnderhill said:

Hi Jesus,

Is it possible to have the Squeezelite app replaced by the R2 version, or the R2 version be included as an additional app.

https://github.com/marcoc1712/squeezelite-R2/releases/

It is the same as the standard app, but, it allows the app to read the incoming headers:

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?107012-Transcode-Resample-Custom-convert-conf&p=877374&viewfull=1#post877374

The issue for me is that my DAC will accept a maximum of 9624; so my 192 files give silence.

I can use SOX to output files as a lower resolution, but as they were originally 24/192 this is what Squeezlite expects and so I achieve white noise.

An advantage of this to other users is that they could then install the LMS C-3PO plugin and experiment with upsampling.

......please.

Cheers,

M

If you have 2.5...just update your unit.

On 6/12/2017 at 6:55 PM, rickca said:

Well, this was a well kept secret!  John has described some of the differences between the microRendu and ultraRendu in an earlier post.  I'd like to fully understand the differences between an ultraRendu and an upgraded microRendu in order to decide which way I want to go.  Anyway this is a nice surprise.

Will the ultraRendu and the microRendu update both be available on the same date? 

Has the original post by Jesus mentioning the mR update been deleted?  A few folks have quoted portions of it, but clicking the link back to the quoted post comes back empty.  Or I'm doing something wrong.

Digital:  Sonore opticalModule > Uptone EtherRegen > Shunyata Sigma Ethernet > Antipodes K30 > Shunyata Omega USB > Gustard X26pro DAC < Mutec REF10 SE120

Amp & Speakers:  Spectral DMA-150mk2 > Aerial 10T

Foundation: Stillpoints Ultra, Shunyata Denali v1 and Typhon x1 power conditioners, Shunyata Delta v2 and QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation and Infinity power cords, QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation XLR interconnect, Shunyata Sigma Ethernet, MIT Matrix HD 60 speaker cables, GIK bass traps, ASC Isothermal tube traps, Stillpoints Aperture panels, Quadraspire SVT rack, PGGB 256

4 minutes ago, kennyb123 said:

Has the original post by Jesus mentioning the mR update been deleted?  A few folks have quoted portions of it, but clicking the link back to the quoted post comes back empty.  Or I'm doing something wrong.

I think you're right.  Maybe @vortecjr can repost?  Jesus, did you delete your post about the microRendu clock upgrade and 1.4 board?

1 minute ago, rickca said:

I think you're right.  Maybe @vortecjr can repost?  Jesus, did you delete your post about the microRendu clock upgrade and 1.4 board?

I hope he can repost.  I usually check in here regularly but a flu knocked me on my butt. 

Digital:  Sonore opticalModule > Uptone EtherRegen > Shunyata Sigma Ethernet > Antipodes K30 > Shunyata Omega USB > Gustard X26pro DAC < Mutec REF10 SE120

Amp & Speakers:  Spectral DMA-150mk2 > Aerial 10T

Foundation: Stillpoints Ultra, Shunyata Denali v1 and Typhon x1 power conditioners, Shunyata Delta v2 and QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation and Infinity power cords, QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation XLR interconnect, Shunyata Sigma Ethernet, MIT Matrix HD 60 speaker cables, GIK bass traps, ASC Isothermal tube traps, Stillpoints Aperture panels, Quadraspire SVT rack, PGGB 256