IGNORED

Mytek new dac Brooklyn.

19 hours ago, quark said:

Yes it is clear thank you, I've already paired the remote I'm not daft.?

As I keep trying to say I have a high level of disability, I use an iPad with a very good app called simplecontrol. It has many IR Controlled devices remotes in its database to choose from. This is why I asked if anyone knows of any RC5 remote controls that work with the Brooklyn, because I spent ages trying to find one in their database without luck.

I can't physically pick up the Apple remote because I can't use my fingers. I use the side of my hand to function an iPad, when I continually press the button you told me nothing happens. Probably because it's just repeating the code pulsing instead of continually now I know how it's supposed to work.

I just wanted to clarify as I cannot physically check the real apple remote.

Does anybody know of any RC5 remote controls that work the Brooklyn? 

Have you asked Michal at Mytek? He is a great guy and I am sure he will be happy to help.

Pareto Audio aka nuckleheadaudio

1 hour ago, lmitche said:

Have you asked Michal at Mytek? He is a great guy and I am sure he will be happy to help.

Hi,

Thank you for everyone's suggestions, it is very much appreciated :-) ?

I'm going to sort it by capturing the infrared signal of the particular button when someone presses it for the appropriate amount of time. I have a friend coming round later today and they can help me sort it then :-) 

Cheers everyone

By the way does anybody know why Mytek have removed the latest firmware again. I contacted them last time they did it and they said it was because a fault occurred on their Brooklyn when updating but later realised it was coincidental. So perhaps it wasn't 

Anyway thanks again ?

I have discovered I can teach my Harmony Ultimate Home (or any Harmony Hub based) remote the codes from the Apple remote.

I followed the Brooklyn pairing instructions for the Apple remote and of course it paired immediately.  I discovered the Play/Pause button is the On/Standby toggle.

The Harmony Hub series of remotes does have an app for iPhone and iPad but I don't know whether this will be useful for quark.

I assumed (always dangerous I know) the Apple remote was a Bluetooth device because it required paring.  So, I loaded Apple TV / Mac codes from Harmony’s data base into the “My Harmony” app on my computer, synced, then attempted to pair my iPhone with the Brooklyn.  No joy.

I then realized the only way the Apple remote would operate the Brooklyn was if I pointed the remote at the Mytek.  Hmmm.  Only then did I realize this this Apple remote is an IR device.

Following the instructions in the “My Harmony” app I taught my Harmony Ultimate Home the Apple IR remote codes for the Brooklyn, then synced my iPhone and iPad with the Harmony. 

I haven’t experimented much as the only remote function I find useful is the on/off toggle.  I have added the Brooklyn on/off function to my Activities that use the Brooklyn and it works well for turning the Mytek both on and off when appropriate.  I have not attempted programing input selection as 99% of my listening will be through the USB input.

I really like the Harmony Hub solution for remote control.  My phone or iPad controls every component in my system plus acts  as a mouse and keyboard, (Remote Mouse iPhone app) for my connected computer, as well as operating Roon and  controlling JRiver via JRemote.

22 hours ago, quark said:

Hi,

Thank you for everyone's suggestions, it is very much appreciated :-) ?

I'm going to sort it by capturing the infrared signal of the particular button when someone presses it for the appropriate amount of time. I have a friend coming round later today and they can help me sort it then :-) 

Cheers everyone

By the way does anybody know why Mytek have removed the latest firmware again. I contacted them last time they did it and they said it was because a fault occurred on their Brooklyn when updating but later realised it was coincidental. So perhaps it wasn't 

Anyway thanks again ?

If you get an answer or not quark it's nice to have you posting here mate.

Everyone has unique set ups and personal situations so these posts will bound to help someone else or give them ideas.

Lovely meeting you and good luck.

Cheers

Dave:D

Yesterday I got a visitor with a Windows laptop, and he was so kind to provide my Brooklyn with update 2.32. I wondered if the "improved: new MQA decoder with new communication scheme" would do something in my set.

Largely, the behaviour of my sparse MQA-files behave the same, both with my audio streamer via SPDIF, as via my AV-streamer via Toslink. On the positive side, now it seems that the Brooklyn isn't confused so much any more, when I pause and resume an MQA-file. Formerly, it tend to stop functioning, producing noting but silence after a few pauses, now it carries on with the music, but it takes a long time before the MQA logo lits up again, if ever.

But we were also both quite convinced that it did not matter for the music. There is not suddenly more space, finer highs, less time smearing (the proclaimed benefit of MQA, isn't it?) (but how can one hear that?), or whatever. In his own set, my visitor could actually hear some difference, though not big.

Marc

Just be careful with the new volume settings. It might have been my android music player bypassing the hardware volume on the brooklyn..I thought I'd blown my head phones. Jumped out of bed and pulled the plug....

Apart from that no issues with 2.35

:S

I could be wrong but subjectively this version 2.35 sounds much better than 2.34 that I had.  It's quite a difference IMO. No idea if anything below could contribute that but that's what I *think* I hear.  Too bad @Mytek_Support @mytek isn't active on this forum to validate.  

v2.35 / 2017-06-12

- changed: remote type name from "NEC" to "Apple"
	- added: USB VOLUME tile to enable audio class volume / system volume
	- improved: rewritten RC5 module	 
	- fixed: small bugs in Apple and RC5 pilots in Remote.c, Remote.h
	- fixed: SDIF works with DSD x64, x128, x256 properly
	- improved: WCK sync on USB

W10 NUC i7 (Gen 10) > Roon (Audiolense FIR) > Motu UltraLite mk5 > (4) Hypex NCore NC502MP > JBL M2 Master Reference +4 subs

Watch my Podcast https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXMw_bZWBMtRWNJQfTJ38kA/videos

3 minutes ago, jtwrace said:

I could be wrong but subjectively this version 2.35 sounds much better than 2.34 that I had.  It's quite a difference IMO. No idea if anything below could contribute that but that's what I *think* I hear.  Too bad @Mytek_Support @mytek isn't active on this forum to validate.  

v2.35 / 2017-06-12

- changed: remote type name from "NEC" to "Apple"
	- added: USB VOLUME tile to enable audio class volume / system volume
	- improved: rewritten RC5 module	 
	- fixed: small bugs in Apple and RC5 pilots in Remote.c, Remote.h
	- fixed: SDIF works with DSD x64, x128, x256 properly
	- improved: WCK sync on USB

That's good to know, I'm hoping to upgrade after work tonight. Thanks for posting.

2 questions...

Anyone know the Female DC size socket. I want to DIY a connector. ..

Any electronics guys thought about upgrading the Capacitors or other parts?

Probably outside people's comfort zone but would love peoples thoughts...

3 hours ago, jtwrace said:

I could be wrong but subjectively this version 2.35 sounds much better than 2.34 that I had.  It's quite a difference IMO. No idea if anything below could contribute that but that's what I *think* I hear. 

I as well had thought it was sounding better to my ears. No idea why.

JRiver -> NAD M51 -> Questyle CMA800R -> HD800 - LCD-X

20 hours ago, Sanlitun said:

I as well had thought it was sounding better to my ears. No idea why.

+1. I do think it sounds better too! 

Just a subjective impression of course.

I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member.-

Groucho Marx

On 2017-6-7 at 4:57 PM, quark said:

9 hours ago, Middy said:

Just be weary of the computer volume before enabling this function. I am sure its bypassing the Brooklyn volume control....

Thanks Middy. It will be a long time before I can check this, but I hope that I will remind your warning.

But I use no USB-input, so maybe it won't apply.

Marc

Just a couple of things...

After installing v2.35 I had to re-pair the apple remote.  Interestingly after I did, my harmony remote continued to function without relearning the new apple code.

According to Joel at Roon, Roon now has more MQA albums on offer than Tidal does. By my count, the Roon Masters album tally is up to 642. Keep 'em coming!:)

7 hours ago, John Eaton said:

Just a couple of things...

After installing v2.35 I had to re-pair the apple remote.  Interestingly after I did, my harmony remote continued to function without relearning the new apple code.

According to Joel at Roon, Roon now has more MQA albums on offer than Tidal does. By my count, the Roon Masters album tally is up to 642. Keep 'em coming!:)

Joel at Roon is wrong. Tidal offer over 2700 MQA albums.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10VtON9VjMAt3uyHC2-Oo2MjIa3orv9DKZfwiRQKmTAA/edit#gid=1207026806

I have over 1400 Tidal albums tagged MQA in my Roon collection.