IGNORED

Mytek new dac Brooklyn.

1 hour ago, bmeinhard said:

Any chance of getting one of you guys to post a photo of how the other main display (i.e. the one that shows large view of bitrate, sample rate and volume) looks with the 2.36 firmware installed?  TIA!

Here you go. The MQA indicator is the blue dot on the lower right.

IMG_0810.thumb.JPG.2114faefdbdab395696e8762d814591c.JPG

5 minutes ago, bmeinhard said:

Thanks much for posting the photos so quickly, jtwrace and rayl1234.  Moving the dot to the left of the MQA indicator is just weird.

On the other hand, this approach would work for a color blind user as lack of dot indicates non MQA, though I recall from the manual there is also a mode where MQA is valid but unauthenticated... and that may be distinguished by color only. I don't have such content try.

• 3 weeks later...

To whom It may concern.

I have received several inquiries and notifications by members on this forum about a guy named Paul Mudork with the email  [email protected] who has used some pictures of my Mytek Brooklyn trying to sell one in this site https://www.audiophile.org/satilik/dijital/dac/ilan/35773/mytek-brooklyn-dacheadphone-amppreamp/ 

First I am not selling My Brooklyn So obviously I am not that person and secondly Have not In any way given my consent for those pictures to be used for trade purposes. 

Also I would like to point out that my attempt to contact this person has failed since that email is not valid. 

So be warned if anyone has been searching in this address  for buying a Mytek Brooklyn you must first verify it is not a scam because I can bear no responsibility whatsoever If someone just found It convenient to use some pictures he found through google search of If something worse is happening (given the unrealistically attractive price he asks I bet for the second). 

Sorry for the intrusion on the discussion and please share that information.

10 hours ago, Totsipaki said:

To whom It may concern.

I have received several inquiries and notifications by members on this forum about a guy named Paul Mudork with the email  [email protected] who has used some pictures of my Mytek Brooklyn trying to sell one in this site https://www.audiophile.org/satilik/dijital/dac/ilan/35773/mytek-brooklyn-dacheadphone-amppreamp/ 

First I am not selling My Brooklyn So obviously I am not that person and secondly Have not In any way given my consent for those pictures to be used for trade purposes. 

Also I would like to point out that my attempt to contact this person has failed since that email is not valid. 

So be warned if anyone has been searching in this address  for buying a Mytek Brooklyn you must first verify it is not a scam because I can bear no responsibility whatsoever If someone just found It convenient to use some pictures he found through google search of If something worse is happening (given the unrealistically attractive price he asks I bet for the second). 

Sorry for the intrusion on the discussion and please share that information.

That is insane.  For $800 US it has to be bogus.  Are those photos that you personally took when you received the unit?  Thanks for bringing it to everyone's attention.

I made an attempt with your suggested correction and this time It was successfully sent.

Anyway..

Since my time is limited I just took the time to bring this case to a wider exposure since a lot of members have contacted me in private. It is in the discretion and responsibility of the individual buyer  to check the seller's credibility him/herself. 

I just wanted to make clear to state that I am not selling mine therefore I am not that person and that the pictures used in the classified are taken by me and used in my ignorance at least until fellow members of CA notified me.

Hope i have succeeded in the latter.

Hello,

Could someone kindly help clear up some confusion I am experiencing just now?

Last week I replaced an Aries Mini as my main source with a Melco N1a.

Below is the Brooklyn display streaming Tidal Masters. As you can see it's 24/352.8.

Am I actually receiving this at 24/352.8 using the Melco as source? Or is it displaying 24/352.8 but I'm actually getting a lesser bitrate despite the display? The system sounds superb but I'm genuinely confused about this!

Thanks

Morph

IMG_0498.JPG

9 minutes ago, mumsoft said:

It's MQA, so the Brooklyn unfolds what it gets to the original resolution. But indeed, the actual input will be much less. It's a way of efficiently using space, one of the features of MQA.

Marc

Thanks Marc, just couldn't make sense of it due to the Melco not having an MQA facility.

Morph

On 7/15/2017 at 10:48 AM, John Eaton said:

First, and most importantly, this means that we can now relay information about MQA streams to Roon Ready devices, which will enable partners to begin making MQA + RAAT work together.

Hi all, has MQA and RAATbeen being working fine with the Brooklyn, even before this July Roon update?

Roon can 'pass through' Tidal  MQA to the Brooklyn without issues?

Cheers

1 hour ago, Em2016 said:

Hi all, has MQA and RAATbeen being working fine with the Brooklyn, even before this July Roon update?

Roon can 'pass through' Tidal  MQA to the Brooklyn without issues?

Cheers

The Mytek Brooklyn is a Roon tested DAC -- it is not a "Roon Ready" device.  There is no implementation of RAAT in the DAC. For the DAC to communicate with Roon, it must be connected directly to a Roon Core or a Roon Bridge or a Roon Ready device. 

I have no probem passing MQA streams via a Roon Core (connected to Tidal) to my Mytek Brooklyn.

mQa is dead!

On 5/25/2017 at 7:35 AM, Sanlitun said:

By far the biggest issue is how hot the output is. I had planned to run it as a DAC only into a Questyle CMA-800R headphone amp but even with the jumpers set it is far too peaky and shouty. There is almost no play in the volume at all past perhaps 3mm from the the bottom.

So as it stands now the only way for me to use it for headphones is via the built in headphone out. I'm currently running that in a bit and seeing if I could perhaps live with

Hi, sorry to quote an old post but I was wondering if using the jumpers lowers the headphone output gain also?

Or do the jumpers only affect the RCA and XLR analogue outputs?

Appreciate if anyone can confirm

Many thanks in advance

13 hours ago, Em2016 said:

Hi, sorry to quote an old post but I was wondering if using the jumpers lowers the headphone output gain also?

Or do the jumpers only affect the RCA and XLR analogue outputs?

Yes it does lower the headphone gain. I felt the jumpers changed the sound quality as well.

I gave up on the idea of using the Brooklyn as  DAC component, in that role there is nothing special about it. I use it as an all-in-one with Focal's and it sounds fantastic. Better than most of the DAC and amplifier seperates I have heard.

JRiver -> NAD M51 -> Questyle CMA800R -> HD800 - LCD-X