IGNORED

Are You Coming to RMAF, and What Are You Interested in Checking Out?

Jud

What are you interested in at RMAF?  

51 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So, who's coming (consumer or industry)? And what do you want to see/hear?

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

I plan to drop by on Saturday morning. I live in the Denver metro area so easy commute for me. :)

For me, of interest are: ifi Pro, Schiit Yggy, Sonore microRendu, Tortuga LDR1.V2B Balanced Passive Preamp (in case I move to DAC w/o preamp)

I always stop by Sanders Sound Systems to hear Roger's ESL system. If I could afford one, it would be a no brainer.

For any first-timers to RMAF, I would highly recommend doing your homework first as to who you want to visit & where they are located. The show is spread out over a number of hotel floors, towers, conference rooms, etc. And at the busy times, the elevators are PACKED so you want to minimize efforts moving to the different rooms. You can use the staircase for navigating the towers but ...

Maybe I'll go next year. +1 on the Kii Three (is Kii going to be there?), and I'd also want to check out the NAD M22 (and the Merrill Taranis, except Merrill's not going to be there).

And any room that sounds really good is also worthwhile. Plus, it's in Colorado, so everything can sound even better. :)

--David

Listening Room: Mac mini (Roon Core) > iMac (HQP) > exaSound PlayPoint (as NAA) > exaSound e32 > W4S STP-SE > Benchmark AHB2 > Wilson Sophia Series 2 (Details)

Office: Mac Pro >  AudioQuest DragonFly Red > JBL LSR305

Mobile: iPhone 6S > AudioQuest DragonFly Black > JH Audio JH5

Me and a local friend have been talking about going for a few years now. Again not going to happen this year, I'm afraid.

As for what I want to see, Whammerdyne Heavy Industries immediately comes to mind but looks like they are not going to be there. Failing that, I want to see Serious Stereo. From his writings on SET Asylum, this guy Dennis Fraker sounds like a real nut case. Should be fun :)

Other than that, I'd like to see Classic Audio Loudspeakers, Emia, Linkwitz, Metronome Technologies, Thrax and Voxativ.

Hey Folks. I will be there representing Sonore products, and am pretty psyched about the system we have put together. We will have:

Sonore Signature Rendu-I2S-custom Buffalo DAC with Sonore I2S interface-custom Ncore amplifier-Raidho C1.1 speakers

Cables are all cards Clear Series

We also will have a second setup featuring a server product with USB output to another custom Buffalo DAC featuring the Sonore USB interface.

I hope everybody will stop by Tower Room 8020 too say hello, and listen to some music. Lots of high res and DSD files will be on our NAS!

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio

Fun meetup opportunities with some of the most innovative teams in the trade.

The seminars I have seen online have always been very informative. Not sure the videos from the last one are uploaded yet.

Dedicated Line DSD/DXD | Audirvana+ | iFi iDSD Nano | SET Tube Amp | Totem Mites

Surround: VLC | M-Audio FastTrack Pro | Mac Opt | Panasonic SA-HE100 | Logitech Z623

DIY: SET Tube Amp | Low-Noise Linear Regulated Power Supply | USB, Power, Speaker Cables | Speaker Stands | Acoustic Panels

I'll be looking to give my ears a tune-up. I haven't heard a system other than mine for many years.

Bob

Mac Mini M1 12 volt dc > Roon > HQ Player to DSD 256 > Fibre to EtherRegen w/LPS1.2 and BG7TBL OCXO > Sonore microRendu v1.3 > IsoRegen > Denafrips Iris > i2s  > Denafrips Pontus II > Schiit Freya+ w/ Linlai E-6SN7's >  Nord One Up NCore 500 monoblocks REV D w/SI990Enh op amps > Martin Logan Impression 11A w/ dual Rythmik E15HP2 subs. Supra Cat8, JPS Labs Superconductor+ cables

I'll be there with PS Audio in 1107--system will have our DirectStream DAC fed by our Memory Player transport (both Stereophile Class A+ Recommended Components) and Paul's tweaked Mac Mini. They'll feed the new BHK Signature Preamp and BHK Signature mono amps, driving YG Acoustics Sonja 1.3s. Come on by!

I'd also point folks to see the Antipodes servers in 542--rave review of the Antipodes DX in Stereophile this month, and it's in Class A+ also!

40-year veteran of the audio biz/Director of Marketing, PS Audio

Editor, Copper.

I won't be there, but I have been provided real incentive by one of the attendees to stay at home and await my local mail carrier.

Hope you all have a great time!

Silver Circle Audio | Roon | Devialet | Synology | Vivid Audio | Stillpoint Aperture | Auralic | DH Labs

I've attended most RMAF's and will be there for all three days of this one too. I intend to hit all the rooms systematically but am usually so tired by Sunday afternoon that I start to be more selective. I'll definitely visit those rooms mentioned in this thread plus the fine people of Ayre Acoustics and YG, of course.

SonicTransporter i9 > EtherRegen (optical out) > LUMIN P1 > LUMIN Amp > YG Kipod Signature Passive speakers.

Unfortunately, after attending the last five, I won't be able to make it to RMAF this year. There are a few seminars that should be interesting. Hopefully they will be shown on YouTube in the not too distant future: https://www.audiofest.net/show-schedule/action~agenda/cat_ids~4/

"Relax, it's only hi-fi. There's never been a hi-fi emergency." - Roy Hall

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - William Bruce Cameron

I plan to drop by on Saturday morning. I live in the Denver metro area so easy commute for me. :)

For me, of interest are: ifi Pro, Schiit Yggy, Sonore microRendu, Tortuga LDR1.V2B Balanced Passive Preamp (in case I move to DAC w/o preamp)

I always stop by Sanders Sound Systems to hear Roger's ESL system. If I could afford one, it would be a no brainer.

For any first-timers to RMAF, I would highly recommend doing your homework first as to who you want to visit & where they are located. The show is spread out over a number of hotel floors, towers, conference rooms, etc. And at the busy times, the elevators are PACKED so you want to minimize efforts moving to the different rooms. You can use the staircase for navigating the towers but ...

Glad to see another Roger Sanders fan :) I visited his place in Conifer a few years ago and he is an absolutely fascinating man.

Apparently none of the vendors or products that are on my short list will be attending... Rogue Audio, Eastern Electric and Omega Speakers. Regardless, if everything goes according to plan then I'll be wandering around RMAF on Friday afternoon.

I'll be there with PS Audio in 1107--system will have our DirectStream DAC fed by our Memory Player transport (both Stereophile Class A+ Recommended Components) and Paul's tweaked Mac Mini. They'll feed the new BHK Signature Preamp and BHK Signature mono amps, driving YG Acoustics Sonja 1.3s. Come on by!

I'd also point folks to see the Antipodes servers in 542--rave review of the Antipodes DX in Stereophile this month, and it's in Class A+ also!

Hey Bill, hopefully I'll be able to get away from our (Sonore 8020) long enough to give a listen over at PS. Would really like to hear the BHK/YG pairing, IME, YG speakers will reveal everything about an amplifier! Hope you guys have a great show.

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio

Being new to RMAF this year, can y'all tell me what are usually the must hear rooms?

Bob

Mac Mini M1 12 volt dc > Roon > HQ Player to DSD 256 > Fibre to EtherRegen w/LPS1.2 and BG7TBL OCXO > Sonore microRendu v1.3 > IsoRegen > Denafrips Iris > i2s  > Denafrips Pontus II > Schiit Freya+ w/ Linlai E-6SN7's >  Nord One Up NCore 500 monoblocks REV D w/SI990Enh op amps > Martin Logan Impression 11A w/ dual Rythmik E15HP2 subs. Supra Cat8, JPS Labs Superconductor+ cables