IGNORED

Chord 2Qute

Of course not, I would not expect any less of you!LoL

and even then, 100lbs is the cutoff for your 2nd system Dac. the main system should be at least an unliftable 250 lbs.

I just wish these damn tube amps I bought were more transportable .

My wife thinks I'm completely insane

In this journey to perfect my sound systems .

She is rolling her eyes around as many pieces as I've moved upstairs and downstairs . Says I'm gonna get a hernia !

When my Yggy comes in I'm gonna make sure she is not home when I put all the cables in , etc .

I just wish these damn tube amps I bought were more transportable .

My wife thinks I'm completely insane

In this journey to perfect my sound systems .

She is rolling her eyes around as many pieces as I've moved upstairs and downstairs . Says I'm gonna get a hernia !

When my Yggy comes in I'm gonna make sure she is not home when I put all the cables in , etc .

The worst part of Primaluna amps is that the weight is totally unbalanced! its all in the back and that makes them very uncomfortable to carry.

Many people write that a better power supply for 2qute gives you a tighter and better bass, but what about the highs? I think the bass is good enough with the smps, but highs could always be a bit sweeter and more integrated.

I recently had the smps back in after using a LPS supply. When i switched back to the LPS not only was bass more defined but increased micro dynamics across the whole spectrum were noticed. :)

Holo Spring Kitsume Level 3, Singxer SU-1

Anyone notice a dramatic improvement with the 2Qute during break-in?

I'm trying to put my finger on it, but it just seems more listenable now.

hi, i;ve just picked up a 2 qute last week. I've had it running in since Wednesday evening. I tried to make a quick assessment last night using the usb connection from Windows 7 PC using JR River MC. TBH i didnt hear much difference to my Audiolap cd8200. I am hoping to take some of the digital sound out of my set up and get a more analogue sound that is more natural, I'm using a Supernait amp with Focal 816 W SE. I find that it can sound a bit harsh and not a comfortable listen at normal listening volumes. Plenty of detail, imaging, drive etc. but I am looking for all of that with a more natural smoother presentation. I'm not sure there is good synergy between my components. I guess the 2 Qute will need more running in time? Trouble is I have the dac on trial until Tuesday only. Can I expect full performance before then?

cheers Jamie

I find that it can sound a bit harsh and not a comfortable listen at normal listening volumes. Plenty of detail, imaging, drive etc. but I am looking for all of that with a more natural smoother presentation. I'm not sure there is good synergy between my components. I guess the 2 Qute will need more running in time? Trouble is I have the dac on trial until Tuesday only. Can I expect full performance before then?

cheers Jamie

Yes, I found it quite harsh and not comfortable for long listening sessions during the break-in. I didn't run it 24/7 and only had it on for listening sessions. I've been leaving it on during the weekends and it's finally coming into its own after a month.

It's opened up and all of the harshness is gone now. If you have a new 2qute, you won't be able to evaluate it at full stride with a fews days of audition. It's quite an amazing DAC for the price and size.

Waversa hub > Lumin S1 > Bakoon HPA-21

I have been comparing the 2Q to the Yggy

for months. Last wk. I ordered the Yggy.

I liked:

1. 5 yr. warranty from US co.

2. overbuilt military grade construction

3. Chris Connaker initial impression

4. 15 day return policy

5. generated more sustained mostly favorable

internet buzz

6. now I can buy a Regen and not

feel like such an outsider :)

Mildly xenophobic considerations aside,

if after 14 yggified days there's no

urge to get a norse tree of life facial

tattoo I will order the 2Q.

pb-

I will say after listening to the 2qute and Multibit Gungnir that I slightly prefer the Gungnir .

The 2qute was significantly better than the Delta sigma Gungnir .

Now I have a Yggy coming in so I'm looking forward to listening to it .

The sound quality of the MB Gungnir was so good I had to try the Yggy!

I have had it "break in" 24/7 with the Tellurium Q System Restore cd. After 4/5 days i couldn't notice any change in sound.

However I am a bit sceptical about this "breaking in" stuff. I also think that getting used to the sound is key.

Yes there's user break-in also. But I've never experienced DAC break-in until now.

There was quite a bit of harshness that made it difficult to listen to for extended periods. I always know something is wrong when I don't listen to system for long periods.

Waversa hub > Lumin S1 > Bakoon HPA-21

I know its been mentioned that a linear power supply might not help much but in my case it has made all the difference.

I have 2 here a cheap Chinese ebay one and a Teradak and they simply make this Dac such a better sounding one in my system.

Maybe it is specific to the amp and speakers you use but it has definitely opened it up considerably. Instruments and vocals are just so much better sounding. Microdynamics are greatly improved.

I had no luck with a regen or jitterbug (they seem to soften the sound) but change of PSU is really a revelation.

So if you get a chance to try a better PSU running to the 2Qute, give it shot as it may work for you too.

Are the various power supplies mentioned here also applicable to the Hugo? Thanks.

No, Hugo is internally battery powered, and the charger is not something to replace/upgrade.

Yep it should be left on 24/7

All DACs should be left on 24/7 for best performance. The only time I turn mine off is if I go away from home for a few days. The clocks, especially, will not perform their best (lowest jitter) without significant warm-up, settling time. This is not audiophile nonsense, it is entirely measurable.

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio