IGNORED

Chord 2Qute

For those that have this DAC and have compared it with the original QuteDac, can I please ask:

Does it present voices on the same way? I've listened to a lot of DACs and I like the way my DAC puts the voice in front of the music.

Is the resolution much better? The QuteDac is still great but I also have an Auralic Altair which pulls a lot more detail out of the music. It's amazing but I'm just not sold on it.

Also-curious if anyone has made comparisons with the Hugo TT which looks great but I'm not so fond of it using a battery module.

Thanks

Also-curious if anyone has made comparisons with the Hugo TT which looks great but I'm not so fond of it using a battery module.

I recently got a TT and I absolutely love it. I see the battery/ultracapacitor as a huge plus. The DAC is completely isolated from the AC so the noise floor is extremely now. Low level details are present that just amaze.

For what reason aren't you fond of the battery?

Digital:  Sonore opticalModule > Uptone EtherRegen > Shunyata Sigma Ethernet > Antipodes K30 > Shunyata Omega USB > Gustard X26pro DAC < Mutec REF10 SE120

Amp & Speakers:  Spectral DMA-150mk2 > Aerial 10T

Foundation: Stillpoints Ultra, Shunyata Denali v1 and Typhon x1 power conditioners, Shunyata Delta v2 and QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation and Infinity power cords, QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation XLR interconnect, Shunyata Sigma Ethernet, MIT Matrix HD 60 speaker cables, GIK bass traps, ASC Isothermal tube traps, Stillpoints Aperture panels, Quadraspire SVT rack, PGGB 256

• 4 weeks later...
can anyone give a comparison between the modi multibit and 2qute?

also as the 2qute is galvanically isolated on the usb would using the intona industrial have beneficial effect.? i have not found much on this point.

I can. The Momby can hang with the 2 Qute for one sixth the price, it is actually shocking. I tried the Regen with the 2Qute but it had negligible effect if any so I would save your money on any USB trinkets for the 2Qute as it is comfortable in its own skin USB nude. Ditch the 2Qute wallwart for a better power supply and see what you hear.

I did buy a CI Audio 5V LPS for the Momby USB input via a split USB power only cable and I dare say it did bring the Momby to a new level of performance so now my $250 dac quickly became a $600 one. Oh well. Long story short, I do not miss the 2Qute and i will not feel bad about replacing the Momby once the upgrade bug bites.

RIG:  iFi Zen Stream - Benchmark DAC3 L - LA4  AHB2 | Paradigm Sig S6 Cables:  anything available

Momby?! C'mon guys!

Triangle Magellan Concerto 2 < AQ Everest < Vitus Audio SS-010 Mk2 < AQ Dragon High Current < AQ WEL XLR < Chord Qutest DAC w UpTone JS-2 & AQ Dragon Source < AQ Diamond USB < Innuos Phoenix USB w AQ Dragon Source < Aurender N100H & AQ Dragon Source < NetGear GS105GE Switch w UpTone LPS1.2 < Supra CAT8 Ethernet < Gryphon PowerZone w AQ NRG-Wild < Stillpoints UltraSS, Ansuz Darkz D-TC & D2, Omicron Harmonic Stabilizer, Gold Evolution SE & Classic < Furutech FT-SWS (R) < Synergistic Research Orange Quantum Fuse < Solid Tech Hybrid < GigaWatt G-16A 2P Circuit Breaker

can anyone who has listened to modimultibit and 2qute add to this by giving a detailed comparison of the two dacs. ultimately it will help me decide whether to upgrade or not. many thanks

I am running intona industrial to modi multibit to earmaxpro tube amp to dt880 600ohm. would i be better upgrading the dac here or the headphones? the earmax is keeps. slightly off topic but still learning.

Momby?! C'mon guys!

Just holding to the Schitt naming schema used for the multibit versions:

MOdi Multibit = MOmby

BItfrost Multibit = BImby

GUngnir Multibit = GUmby

Yiggy = class of its own

RIG:  iFi Zen Stream - Benchmark DAC3 L - LA4  AHB2 | Paradigm Sig S6 Cables:  anything available

Just holding to the Schitt naming schema used for the multibit versions:

MOdi Multibit = MOmby

BItfrost Multibit = BImby

GUngnir Multibit = GUmby

Yiggy = class of its own

I'm pretty sure it is not about the name he said "c'mon guys!" :P

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier (or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

Oh gotcha, [swoosh, that went right over my head]

Could be a case of short term memory out of sight out of mind too. But I did like the 2Qute.

they should call this the cryptic meg thread. please no riddles. im just trying to figure out if a modimultibit MOmby which i feed an intona industrial into is worth swapping for a solitary 2qute. or should i upgrade my cans first. merci beacoup. if the 2qute is better which my instinct is saying yes i may sell my modi and intona.

no idea about Momby or whatever you call it, but... a Chord 2Qute (powered by a great LPS, Uptone's JS-2, that I already had) replaced in my main system a Metrum Hex I was *deeply* in love with ;)

without the LPS, on its stock SMPS, it was pretty damn close to the Hex :mad:

:P

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier (or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

hi pl

schitt dacs have widely accepted nicknames on the forums. do you think the 3v 2qute output would be okay for my earmaxpro otl. rob from chord told me this may cause an issue with preamps but i should be ok. if i spend 1k though i need to be confident the 3v output will work with no issues with my small german eamaxpro.

hi pl

schitt dacs have widely accepted nicknames on the forums. do you think the 3v 2qute output would be okay for my earmaxpro otl. rob from chord told me this may cause an issue with preamps but i should be ok. if i spend 1k though i need to be confident the 3v output will work with no issues with my small german eamaxpro.

no issue, here, with my Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tubes pre

though... YMMV

headphones system:

Actually it was about that name. I had no idea about that naming scheme! I have to say it sounds crazy... :)

Triangle Magellan Concerto 2 < AQ Everest < Vitus Audio SS-010 Mk2 < AQ Dragon High Current < AQ WEL XLR < Chord Qutest DAC w UpTone JS-2 & AQ Dragon Source < AQ Diamond USB < Innuos Phoenix USB w AQ Dragon Source < Aurender N100H & AQ Dragon Source < NetGear GS105GE Switch w UpTone LPS1.2 < Supra CAT8 Ethernet < Gryphon PowerZone w AQ NRG-Wild < Stillpoints UltraSS, Ansuz Darkz D-TC & D2, Omicron Harmonic Stabilizer, Gold Evolution SE & Classic < Furutech FT-SWS (R) < Synergistic Research Orange Quantum Fuse < Solid Tech Hybrid < GigaWatt G-16A 2P Circuit Breaker

Actually it was about that name. I had no idea about that naming scheme! I have to say it sounds crazy... :)

ok, so... will un-like your previous post :P

;)

headphones system:

• 2 months later...
On 10/18/2016 at 1:20 PM, MrTHX said:

Light remains ON for me.....

Roon > Mac Mini (Roon Bridge) > Intona > Regen > 2Qute

Hi everyone - 

Im new to this site 

currently using macbook pro > room > usb (out the box)  > 2qute DAC

my questions are :

what is Intona ? what is Regen ?

is there an improvement by buying a dedicated USB cable ( chord, VDH etc ) also power supply ?

thanks 

PS love the DAC it sounds great with Primare amps 

20 minutes ago, stevebrock said:

Hi everyone - 

Im new to this site 

currently using macbook pro > room > usb (out the box)  > 2qute DAC

my questions are :

what is Intona ? what is Regen ?

is there an improvement by buying a dedicated USB cable ( chord, VDH etc ) also power supply ?

thanks 

PS love the DAC it sounds great with Primare amps 

Welcome,

Intona is a galvanic isolator with poor clocking, your 2Qute is far better at it's built in galvanic isolation.

Regen is a reclocker, but soon to be upgraded by ISO Regen, I would not recommend Regen with 2Qute, waiting to see what ISO Regen brings to the table with it's updated clocking and galvanic isolation.

All these need good power supplies, including the 2Qute.  Highly recommend 2-LPS'1's in a series or a Vinnie Rossi Mini for the 2Qute power supply. 

I find a USB adapter direct from my USB PCIe audio card better than any USB cable.  Problem with 2Qute is that all the inputs and outputs are on the same side of the DAC and worst the RCA outputs and USB input next to each other, so you may have to get creative with 2 USB adapters connected for the 2Qute.  I would recommend the new adapter from Uptone Audio, soon to be released, but fear it also will be too short to make a clean connection without an additional adapter.

No doubt, the 2qute is a great DAC, hopefully the 3Qute will be soon at the end of the year.

(JRiver) Jetway barebones NUC (mod 3 sCLK-EX, Cybershaft OP 14)  (PH SR7) => mini pcie adapter to PCIe 1X => tXUSBexp PCIe card (mod sCLK-EX) (PH SR7) => (USPCB) Chord DAVE => Omega Super 8XRS/REL t5i  (All powered thru Topaz Isolation Transformer)

3 minutes ago, stevebrock said:

Forgive me but why would I need Regen ? 

Any additional superior clocking with your best clock before the DAC will be beneficial to Sound Quality.  So the question would be, does the Regen or now the upcoming ISO Regen provide that superior reclocking?  Answer is that the ISO Regen has better clocking than the older Regen, but with one caveat, it also has galvanic isolation, problem with 2Qute is that it already has built in galvanic isolation, galvanic isolation can cause jitter, not all galvanic isolation is equal, thus is the ISO Regen a benefit to the 2Qute or a detriment, to be determined?  Maybe one of the SoTM ultra devices is a better solution, but at a greater cost?  That is where I am at currently.

(JRiver) Jetway barebones NUC (mod 3 sCLK-EX, Cybershaft OP 14)  (PH SR7) => mini pcie adapter to PCIe 1X => tXUSBexp PCIe card (mod sCLK-EX) (PH SR7) => (USPCB) Chord DAVE => Omega Super 8XRS/REL t5i  (All powered thru Topaz Isolation Transformer)

3 minutes ago, stevebrock said:

sorry I'm being really naive here - what are the advantages over a USB cable 

The shorter the USB run the better for impedance and reintroducing RF noise.  Let alone the cost is much greater for a quality cable that colors the noise.