IGNORED

Chord 2Qute

Yea I had one in the cart too till I seen $10 shipping on a $4.50 item!

I just ordered a bunch of other connectors I needed to offset the shipping some.

Sonictransport  i9, DCS Bartok Apex DAC/Streamer

REL Acoustics S/510 Sub Woofer

Audionet Watt Integrated Amp - Vivid Audio Kaya 45 loudspeakers

would a JRiver ID play ok with the USB input on the 2Qute? I know it is driverless for Android and Apple and has a driver for windows. But I don't think the ID is windows based.

The Id is Linux based and the 2Qute _should_ work with it. JRiver claims it works with most USB DAC's and there is nothing bizzaro about the Chord USB interface.

Running the 2Qute with a Teddy Pardo power supply and Audience AU24se power cord. Naim NDX as a transport.

So far so good. Unquestionably better detail retrieval and more analog sounding than the previous DACs I was using.

Waversa hub > Lumin S1 > Bakoon HPA-21

Running the 2Qute with a Teddy Pardo power supply and Audience AU24se power cord. Naim NDX as a transport.

So far so good. Unquestionably better detail retrieval and more analog sounding than the previous DACs I was using.

I couldnt agree more with the "more analog sounding". My previous ESS chip based DAC just sounded too fake. I tried using a linear power supply on the 2Qute after break in. There was some improvement in bass clarity but only minimal from the stock wall wort.

One thing I have noticed is now since I am running a LPS for the USB input, severing the computer power, the 2Qute is running a lot cooler to the touch, whereas before it was noticeably warm. Not sure what this means but I just thought it interesting.

Have any REGEN users noticed this too since it does the same thing with the USB power?

RIG:  iFi Zen Stream - Benchmark DAC3 L - LA4  AHB2 | Paradigm Sig S6 Cables:  anything available

Received my Regen. Mac Mini - Audioquest Cinnamon cable - Regen - 3" home made cable - 2Qute

Intial impression is NO wow factor. At first I said to myself I hear nothing different. After listening to several albums (2 at 96k and 2 DSD) it appears that I notice more decay on fade outs that may suggest a lower noise floor although it seems subtle at best. I will continue to evaluate it with a few different connectors but initial impression is that it does not seem as beneficial for the 2Qute in my system. This maybe a tribute to the design of the 2Qute and no fault of the Regen.

Received my Regen. Mac Mini - Audioquest Cinnamon cable - Regen - 3" home made cable - 2Qute

Intial impression is NO wow factor. At first I said to myself I hear nothing different. After listening to several albums (2 at 96k and 2 DSD) it appears that I notice more decay on fade outs that may suggest a lower noise floor although it seems subtle at best. I will continue to evaluate it with a few different connectors but initial impression is that it does not seem as beneficial for the 2Qute in my system. This maybe a tribute to the design of the 2Qute and no fault of the Regen.

It's not the fault of the Regen . The 2qute with galvanic isolation was the only dac out of 7-8 dacs I tried that did not benefit from the Regen .

I have to believe it's the galvanic isolation that makes the Regen difference with the 2qute negligible.

Additionally , the Regen made a much bigger difference with older computers .

I am not using either one of my Regens with the 2qute .

Perhaps the fellow who designed the 2Qute could offer

a less efficient version to satisfy those who want to

share the joyous blosseming of every other dac on the

planet from beefed up LPSes and regen foreplay.

Spending $500-$1,200 + for meager better bass

definition on some tracks sometimes maybe, isn't

moving me. There's the certainty that those with

golden ears and gold systems will hear improvments

that, "are not subtle." The dac's designer advises

you hang unto your $ when it comes to LPSes.

As far as the regen, a preponderance of anecdotal

evidence advises the same.

YMMV, IMO, hey I live in WA. state.....

pb-

I develop an immense respect for Chord's Robert Watts who clearly knows how to design a DAC and will gladly pay the premium asking price.

2 Ch stereo

Auralic Aries>Wireworld AES>Kitsune Holo Spring DAC L3>Van Den Hul-The Second balance cable>Sonic Euphoria (fully balance autoformer)>Van Den Hul-The Second balance cable>D-Sonic M3-1200S-A (Anaview AMS1000-2600)>Synergistic Tesla Accelerator cable>Ohm 3000 speakers plus Omni Harmonizer super tweeter

Earlier in this thread I believe two people mentioned that they would compare the 2Qute with the Yggdrasil. Does anyone know if this has been done and where I can find their findings?

The 2Quote costs about the same as a Schiit Gungnir Multibit. So I'm very interested in the comparison.

[br]

Earlier in this thread I believe two people mentioned that they would compare the 2Qute with the Yggdrasil. Does anyone know if this has been done and where I can find their findings?

The 2Quote costs about the same as a Schiit Gungnir Multibit. So I'm very interested in the comparison.

I'll let you know about 2Qute vs Gungnir Multibit this weekend .

My upgraded Gungnir comes in today and I have had the 2qute for several months .

Some have suggested the MG is 90 % of the Yggy . I don't know as I have never heard the Yggy.

Can't wait to listen to the MG.

Just fired up the Gungnir MB . Damn ! Much superior to the delta sigma Gungnir cold out of the box. Much better

resolution .

I'm afraid that the 2qute and the MB Gungnir are very close and that's with the Gungnir cold ,not even warmed up or worked in .

I will listen for a while before I make firm impressions and I do think these are the two best dacs under 2k .

I am using both with tube amps( Primaluna and Rogue)

I will say right off the top I think the Gungnir is more resolving than the 2qute without being harsh .

Based on listening for 30 minutes to a variety of songs ,I don't think there is a better value anywhere than a 1,249 dollar

MB Gungnir

Just fired up the Gungnir MB . Damn ! Much superior to the delta sigma Gungnir cold out of the box. Much better

resolution .

I'm afraid that the 2qute and the MB Gungnir are very close and that's with the Gungnir cold ,not even warmed up or worked in .

I will listen for a while before I make firm impressions and I do think these are the two best dacs under 2k .

I will say right off the top I think the Gungnir is more resolving than the 2qute without being harsh .

Based on listening for 30 minutes to a variety of songs ,I don't think there is a better value anywhere than a 1,249 dollar

MB Gungnir

Thanks for the quick reporting Jimmypowder!

Schiit sounds like they finally got their schit together...

Sonore microRendu>Lampi L4G5>Herron VTSP 3a r03>Herron M1a monos>Vapor Cirrus Blacks

resolution .

MB Gungnir

Do you use the walwart? The 2qute is quite a bit better with a quality LPS but adds to the cost. Shame it comes with cell phone type walwart.

Holo Spring Kitsume Level 3, Singxer SU-1

Thanks for the quick reporting Jimmypowder!

Schiit sounds like they finally got their schit together...

Here is my ranking of Dacs I have owned or tested ,best to worst .all of these dac are under 2k

1) Schiit MB Gungnir and Chord 2qute tied right now for first until I listen further

2) Benchmark 2 HGC

3) Ifi Micro Idsd

4) Marantz HD dac-1 - Could be in 3rd - haven't listened long enough .

5) Schiit Gungnir Delta sigma

6) Arcam IR dac

7) Audiolab Mdac

8) Benchmark Dac 1

Please continue the feedback. Am debating between a Chord setup (2Qute + Chord SilverPlus USB) and Schiit (Gungnir MB + Wyrd + 2x PYST USB cables). DSD means nothing to me. But the re-sale potential of the Chord vs. Schiit might...

Source: CAPS/HTPC (fed via NAS and HDRomeRun)

USB: Printer cable?

DAC: Meridian Director

Interconnect: Chord Cobra VEE3 RCA-DIN

IA: NAIM SuperNait2

Cable: Tellurium Q Black 3M

Speakers: Dynaudio Focus 260

Please continue the feedback. Am debating between a Chord setup (2Qute + Chord SilverPlus USB) and Schiit (Gungnir MB + Wyrd + 2x PYST USB cables). DSD means nothing to me. But the re-sale potential of the Chord vs. Schiit might...

Source: CAPS/HTPC (fed via NAS and HDRomeRun)

USB: Printer cable?

DAC: Meridian Director

Interconnect: Chord Cobra VEE3 RCA-DIN

IA: NAIM SuperNait2

Cable: Tellurium Q Black 3M

Speakers: Dynaudio Focus 260

I may have the delta sigma Gungnir ranked too low- could be no 4 or so but while I liked the dac it lacked resolution . The Gungnir MB is such an improvement over the delta sigma Gungnir that for 400 bucks extra it is a steal .

Do you use the walwart? The 2qute is quite a bit better with a quality LPS but adds to the cost. Shame it comes with cell phone type walwart.

I run my 2Qute with a Pardo power supply and Audience power cord. It sounds so good I haven't bothered trying the walwart.

Waversa hub > Lumin S1 > Bakoon HPA-21