IGNORED

Chord 2Qute

Jimmypowder, thanks for the heads up on the Gungnir MB DAC. I have been reading all I can on the R2R DAC emplimentation these passed few Days. Please keep us informed and share any further thoughts comparing this DAC to the 2Qute.

2 Ch stereo

Auralic Aries>Wireworld AES>Kitsune Holo Spring DAC L3>Van Den Hul-The Second balance cable>Sonic Euphoria (fully balance autoformer)>Van Den Hul-The Second balance cable>D-Sonic M3-1200S-A (Anaview AMS1000-2600)>Synergistic Tesla Accelerator cable>Ohm 3000 speakers plus Omni Harmonizer super tweeter

Jimmypowder, thanks for the heads up on the Gungnir MB DAC. I have been reading all I can on the R2R DAC emplimentation these passed few Days. Please keep us informed and share any further thoughts comparing this DAC to the 2Qute.

+1

I have been waiting for ted_b 2Qute review for months, I think anything he has to say now is all old news.

2 Ch stereo

Auralic Aries>Wireworld AES>Kitsune Holo Spring DAC L3>Van Den Hul-The Second balance cable>Sonic Euphoria (fully balance autoformer)>Van Den Hul-The Second balance cable>D-Sonic M3-1200S-A (Anaview AMS1000-2600)>Synergistic Tesla Accelerator cable>Ohm 3000 speakers plus Omni Harmonizer super tweeter

2qute vs MB Gungnir

Very close match in terms of overall quality.

Bass ,Soundstage slightly better with the Gungnir

Gungnir slightly better , not as harsh on the treble ,high frequencies .

2qute seems to have better rhythm ,flow .

Both sound pretty natural

Both are terrific dacs and one could not go wrong with either . 2qute can play DSD

and is much smaller . Gungnir is 500 dollars cheaper appx.

The 2qute is more broken in than the Gungnir.

2qute vs MB Gungnir

Very close match in terms of overall quality.

Bass ,Soundstage slightly better with the Gungnir

Gungnir slightly better , not as harsh on the treble ,high frequencies .

2qute seems to have better rhythm ,flow .

Both sound pretty natural

Both are terrific dacs and one could not go wrong with either . 2qute can play DSD

and is much smaller . Gungnir is 500 dollars cheaper appx.

The 2qute is more broken in than the Gungnir.

Could you please post pics of the two side by side?

Why . You don't believe me ?

Thanks for the pic. I believe you 100%. I just want to see the size difference.

I don't care about DSD.

I do care about potential re-sale value and here I think the Chord has Schiit beat.

Then again saving $500 at the onset is nothing to sneeze about.

I also care about which pairs best with NAIM. I have a SuperNait2 IA. Which DAC wins on PRAT?

RCA output is good enough for me.

I do like the size (and black finish option) of the 2Qute.

I also like how the 2Qute doesn't need any sort of trickery wrt the USB input, filtering, etc.

So, yeah both seem like great options.

If you had to pick just one: which would it be? Which gets sold/returned? Which do you keep? Perhaps audition another week or so and make a decision?

Thanks for the pic. I believe you 100%. I just want to see the size difference.

I don't care about DSD.

I do care about potential re-sale value and here I think the Chord has Schiit beat.

Then again saving $500 at the onset is nothing to sneeze about.

I also care about which pairs best with NAIM. I have a SuperNait2 IA. Which DAC wins on PRAT?

RCA output is good enough for me.

I do like the size (and black finish option) of the 2Qute.

I also like how the 2Qute doesn't need any sort of trickery wrt the USB input, filtering, etc.

So, yeah both seem like great options.

If you had to pick just one: which would it be? Which gets sold/returned? Which do you keep? Perhaps audition another week or so and make a decision?

I really don't know yet . They are very close. The Chord 2qute was way better than the Delta Sigma Gungnir .

But the Multibit Gungnir and the 2qute are pretty evenly matched .

I have a Yggdrasil coming in soon and will compare that to the 2Qute and MB Gungnir to see if it's worth spending

an extra 500 bucks or so over the 2Qute.

I have a Yggdrasil coming in soon and will compare that to the 2Qute and MB Gungnir to see if it's worth spending

an extra 500 bucks or so over the 2Qute.

Excellent!

i was just thinking to myself if he could now get a Yggdrasil and see if the price is justifiable over the MB Gungnir. Supposedly the Yggdrasil takes at least 200 hrs to sound near its optimal performance so it'll be interesting if it is as enjoyable out of the box like the MB Gungnir was for you. Thanks for sharing!

Sonore microRendu>Lampi L4G5>Herron VTSP 3a r03>Herron M1a monos>Vapor Cirrus Blacks

Yes, please continue to post updates, including more GMB vs. 2Qute comments as they both continue to settle in.

Are you doing anything with either to condition the USB input and/or power input?

I must say I do love the sense of humor of the Schiit people. And I like that their Schiit is Made in the USA!

I have been comparing the 2Q to the Yggy

for months. Last wk. I ordered the Yggy.

I liked:

1. 5 yr. warranty from US co.

2. overbuilt military grade construction

3. Chris Connaker initial impression

4. 15 day return policy

5. generated more sustained mostly favorable

internet buzz

6. now I can buy a Regen and not

feel like such an outsider :)

Mildly xenophobic considerations aside,

if after 14 yggified days there's no

urge to get a norse tree of life facial

tattoo I will order the 2Q.

pb-

[ATTACH]20770[/ATTACH]

Primaluna >Auralic Aries>Chord 2Qute>Panamax Power Conditioner>MB Gungnir

What Primaluna do you have there, and do you like it? I am gaining more and more interest in a tube from the Dutch manufacturer.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-N9005 met Tapatalk

I have been comparing the 2Q to the Yggy

for months. Last wk. I ordered the Yggy.

I liked:

1. 5 yr. warranty from US co.

2. overbuilt military grade construction

3. Chris Connaker initial impression

4. 15 day return policy

5. generated more sustained mostly favorable

internet buzz

6. now I can buy a Regen and not

feel like such an outsider :)

Mildly xenophobic considerations aside,

if after 14 yggified days there's no

urge to get a norse tree of life facial

tattoo I will order the 2Q.

pb-

I'm always curious about how a piece of audio equipment could be said to be "military grade construction" and if that was meaningful, whether it would be a good thing or not..

I'm always curious about how a piece of audio equipment could be said to be "military grade construction" and if that was meaningful, whether it would be a good thing or not..

There is a term for PCB and electronics, "mil spec" (military specification) that when not referring to equipment actually specified by the military is supposed to describe equipment that could meet military specifications for construction, reliability and performance. I have also heard of "NASA spec." Whether this is truly meaningful these days, someone more familiar with the manufacturing end than I am will have to answer. (I suppose equipment that would still operate after the electromagnetic pulse from a thermonuclear explosion would be pretty resistant to RFI, but is someone really claiming the former?)

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

There is a term for PCB and electronics, "mil spec" (military specification) that when not referring to equipment actually specified by the military is supposed to describe equipment that could meet military specifications for construction, reliability and performance. I have also heard of "NASA spec." Whether this is truly meaningful these days, someone more familiar with the manufacturing end than I am will have to answer. (I suppose equipment that would still operate after the electromagnetic pulse from a thermonuclear explosion would be pretty resistant to RFI, but is someone really claiming the former?)

I think there's a video of a tank driving over an unscathed Chord DAC64. Not sure whether that makes it Mil Spec -I guess it could be a fairly effective weapon in hand to hand combat though if all else fails...

"military grade construction"

Pardon my failed attempt at humor-should have said

built like a tank. Also, it is highly improbable that I

will get a norse tree of life facial tattoo even if the

yggy proves to be spectacular. Of course one never

knows, do one. :)

pb-

"military grade construction"

Pardon my failed attempt at humor-should have said built like a tank.

The Yggy may be built like a tank, but only Chord have had their construction tested against a tank...

PS. not sure if that makes it a better DAC btw :-)

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

The Yggy may be built like a tank, but only Chord have had their construction tested against a tank...

PS. not sure if that makes it a better DAC btw :-)

If it doesnt weigh more than 20 lbs, it CANT be good. LoL.

The heavier the better, everybody knows that. hehehehe