IGNORED

Chord 2Qute

All DACs should be left on 24/7 for best performance. The only time I turn mine off is if I go away from home for a few days. The clocks, especially, will not perform their best (lowest jitter) without significant warm-up, settling time. This is not audiophile nonsense, it is entirely measurable.

+1 Been espousing this since day one, with occasional ridicule.

Any more thoughts, Jimmy?

I still have the Audio-GD DAC 19 (10th AE) vs. GMB vs. 2Qute vs. Hugo on my radar.

I've listened to the 2qute and Gungnir Multibit for some time now and I would give the edge slightly to the

Gungnir . The 2qute beats the Delta Sigma Gungnir easily .

IMO these are the two best Dacs under 2k .

I have never listened to a Hugo though the same chip is in the 2qute .

I've listened to the 2qute and Gungnir Multibit for some time now and I would give the edge slightly to the

Is it Yggy time yet? :)

Sonore microRendu>Lampi L4G5>Herron VTSP 3a r03>Herron M1a monos>Vapor Cirrus Blacks

Finally have a proper digital cable with BNC connectors for the 2qute and transport.

I didn't realize how much performance degradation there was using the RCA to BNC adapter.

For anyone using SPDIF with the 2Qute, getting a digital cable terminated with BNC is a must.

Probably explains why people where getting better results with USB.

Waversa hub > Lumin S1 > Bakoon HPA-21

Finally have a proper digital cable with BNC connectors for the 2qute and transport.

I didn't realize how much performance degradation there was using the RCA to BNC adapter.

For anyone using SPDIF with the 2Qute, getting a digital cable terminated with BNC is a must.

Probably explains why people where getting better results with USB.

+1 definite improvement once I put a properly terminated digital I/C between my BDP2 and Hugo and stopped using BNC to RCA and RCA to RCA adapters. With the SQ I now get on spdif (and AES), I'm surprised to see people on here connecting their BDP2s to AES/SPDif compatible DACs via USB and multiple regens, jitterbugs etc.

Those who have purchased the Regen for use with the 2Qute. What are your impressions now after considerable time with the combination?

I have had them together for well over a month now and still see no substantial improvement at all. In fact I still hear little if any difference with it in or out and at times it might even be worse with it in. Maybe these 54 year old ears just don't work as well anymore? Anyway I love the 2Qute and have been very impressed by its performance! I may put the Regen up for sale?

Sonictransport  i9, DCS Bartok Apex DAC/Streamer

REL Acoustics S/510 Sub Woofer

Audionet Watt Integrated Amp - Vivid Audio Kaya 45 loudspeakers

you have my attention. Previously you stated that the 2Qute was a bit better in rythym/drive than the Gungnir Multibit. Is that still the case? Is it a slight difference or definitely pronounced. I am considering these and would pair them with a Rogue Audio Cronus. I value the drive/rythym over detail, but saving $500 is something that i am also a fan of.

Those who have purchased the Regen for use with the 2Qute. What are your impressions now after considerable time with the combination?

I have had them together for well over a month now and still see no substantial improvement at all. In fact I still hear little if any difference with it in or out and at times it might even be worse with it in. Maybe these 54 year old ears just don't work as well anymore? Anyway I love the 2Qute and have been very impressed by its performance! I may put the Regen up for sale?

I prefer the 2qute without the Regen . I am using the 2qute with an Auralic Aries .

Where the Regen shines IMO is with a computer like my IMac . What source are you using ?

you have my attention. Previously you stated that the 2Qute was a bit better in rythym/drive than the Gungnir Multibit. Is that still the case? Is it a slight difference or definitely pronounced. I am considering these and would pair them with a Rogue Audio Cronus. I value the drive/rythym over detail, but saving $500 is something that i am also a fan of.

It is a slight difference . These Dacs are both superb . I don't think you could go wrong with either .

I do think the 2qute has a bit better rhythm but has has some slight treble harshness though that has subsided quite a bit

after break in

The MB Gungnir seems more analog , smoother .

It's really a tough call .

I have a friend who borrowed my Regen to try with his 2Qute DAC. He has heard no improvement on his CAPS v3 Topanaga with linear PSU.

On the other hand, Jcat PCIe/USB card (similar to the SOtM one, but better) brought audible improvement.

YMMV

Adam

PC: custom Roon server with Pink Faun Ultra OCXO USB card

Digital: Lampizator Horizon DAC

Amp: Dan D'Agostino Momentum Stereo

Speakers: Magcio M3

I prefer the 2qute without the Regen . I am using the 2qute with an Auralic Aries .

Where the Regen shines IMO is with a computer like my IMac . What source are you using ?

Lastest Mac Mini coupled to Regen with Audioquest Cinnamon cable. Regen to 2qute with short adaptor.

Sonictransport  i9, DCS Bartok Apex DAC/Streamer

REL Acoustics S/510 Sub Woofer

Audionet Watt Integrated Amp - Vivid Audio Kaya 45 loudspeakers

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
How did this turn out? Have you heard the 2Qute with an audio quality LPS?

The Yggy is better imo than the 2Qute . Wider , deeper soundstage , better defined bass . Both have excellent resolution , the Yggy being a little better in that regard .

Both are excellent dacs , the two best in that 2k range imo

I tried the 2qute with an amber Regen and didn't like it . I'm using an Auralic Aries as the source not a computer .

I have not tried the 2qute with a high quality lps.

• 4 weeks later...
The Yggy is better imo than the 2Qute . Wider , deeper soundstage , better defined bass . Both have excellent resolution , the Yggy being a little better in that regard .

Both are excellent dacs , the two best in that 2k range imo

I tried the 2qute with an amber Regen and didn't like it . I'm using an Auralic Aries as the source not a computer .

I have not tried the 2qute with a high quality lps.

Just got the 2Qute. And am thinking of getting the Yggy. Jimmypowder: any further thoughts on these two DACs one month on?

• 4 months later...

Have it for about a year now and I am stiill very pleased with my 2Qute. Natural, spacious and detailed reproduction.

My previous DAC was a vintage Cambridge Audio DacMagic 2 Mk2 (fed through an AR-T Legato) that I liked very much but the Chord is a big step up.

Main system: Jriver (OSX) --> ethernet --> Volumio (Raspberry Pi 2) --> Chord 2Qute (USB in) --> Cyrus 2 + PSX --> Rogers LS3/5a

Second system: Jriver (OSX) --> ethernet --> Volumio (Raspberry Pi 2) --> AR-T Legato --> Cambridge Audio DacMagic 2 --> Cyrus 8 vs2 --> Harbeth LS3/5a

• 1 month later...

The Chord 2Qute is a great dac - very musical. I added the SBooster with the Ultra recently, and everything got better - musicality, soundstage width and depth, and it retrieves more detail.

- Auralic Aries Mini +SB LPS | Chord 2Qute +SB LPS | Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon | Sennheiser HD 800

- Apple TV 4 | Oppo BDP 105 | Marantz SR7008 | Polk LSIM 703 | Polk Audio LSiM 704c | Martin Logan Subwoofer | Sony Bravia LCD

- Rega Planar 3 | Audiomods Series V micrometer | Dynavector 20X2L | Aurealis Cinemag CM-1254 | Audio Alchemy PPA-1/PS-5 | Parasound Halo P 5 | Parasound Halo A21 | KEF LS50 | Rythmik Servo Subwoofer

The Chord 2Qute is a great dac - very musical. I added the SBooster with the Ultra recently, and everything got better - musicality, soundstage width and depth, and it retrieves more detail.

I've done similar things to tweak my 2Qute - MCRU linear PSU to power it and an iFI Audio iUSB3.0 Nano to drive it, along with clean up improvements to my LAN such as better ethernet cables, and I think each improvement has made the 2Qute sound better. The designer (Rob Watts) of the DAC thinks these tweaks shouldn't make any difference, but I think they do and the sum of the improvements I have made make the DAC sound awsome - way better than I thought digital could sound with Red Book CD quality tracks. Maybe I think it is a better DAC than Chord do, although I still might dream of a DAVE.

System (i): Stack Audio Link > Denafrips Iris 12th/Ares 12th-1; Gyrodec/SME V/Hana SL/EAT E-Glo Petit/Magnum Dynalab FT101A) > PrimaLuna Evo 100 amp > Klipsch RP-600M/REL T5x subs

System (ii): Allo USB Signature > Bel Canto uLink+AQVOX psu > Chord Hugo > APPJ EL34 > Tandy LX5/REL Tzero v3 subs

System (iii) KEF LS50W/KEF R400b subs

System (iv) Technics 1210GR > Leak 230 > Tannoy Cheviot

Agreed. It's almost a different dac when presented with the cleanest power and signal. I've got an iFi iUSBPower 2.0 connected to a split LightSpeed 2G, between the Auralic Mini and the 2Qute.

The multiple improvements definitely allow me to hear deeper into the music, with more detail and a widened soundstage.

- Auralic Aries Mini +SB LPS | Chord 2Qute +SB LPS | Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon | Sennheiser HD 800

- Apple TV 4 | Oppo BDP 105 | Marantz SR7008 | Polk LSIM 703 | Polk Audio LSiM 704c | Martin Logan Subwoofer | Sony Bravia LCD

- Rega Planar 3 | Audiomods Series V micrometer | Dynavector 20X2L | Aurealis Cinemag CM-1254 | Audio Alchemy PPA-1/PS-5 | Parasound Halo P 5 | Parasound Halo A21 | KEF LS50 | Rythmik Servo Subwoofer

• 1 month later...

I've have a 2Qute being fed Roon (iMac) via a SONORE microRendu. Both now fully run-in.

Currently I'm using the provided switching PSU's and the sound is without doubt the best I've ever experienced in my home set up. However, it would appear from what is a very interesting thread, that the addition of LPS's would have a significant positive impact on an already wonderful sound.

The 2 options I'm looking at for both 2Qute and microRendu, are the Teddy Pardo 12v & 7v (2A) and the equivalent versions from MCRU/LDA.

Does anyone have any experience of both or opinions?

Thanks in advance

Innuos Zenith SE (Roon Core) > Curious USB/Upton ISO REGEN +LPS-1/USPCB> Chord Hugo TT > ATC SCM 40A