IGNORED

Chord 2Qute

I've just bought a 2Qute to play around with. Wow, what a DAC for the money! Being fed from a Paul Hynes PSU, I strongly prefer the 2Qute to the Schiit Yggy I had here a few months ago - it doesn't make my ears bleed like the Yggy did!

Mani.

Main: SOtM sMS-200 -> Okto dac8PRO -> 6x Neurochrome 286 mono amps -> Tune Audio Anima horns + 2x Rotel RB-1590 amps -> 4 subs

Home Office: SOtM sMS-200 -> MOTU UltraLite-mk5 -> 6x Neurochrome 286 mono amps -> Impulse H2 speakers

Vinyl: Technics SP10 / London (Decca) Reference -> Trafomatic Luna -> RME ADI-2 Pro

Welcome to the club!!! Save also some money for a mR if you're using an usb. You'll see the full potential of your 2qute.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Computer Audiophile mobile app

Jensen VRD-iFF>Router>Rj45>opticalModule>
SFP>Buffalo2016>SFP>opticalModule >Rj45>

IZen Mk3>Rj45> Delock62619>Rj45>
etherRegen (Master Clock+ Mini-Circuits BLP)>SFP>opticalRendu>USB>IsoRegen>

USB>Phoenix>USB>OPPO 205 (Modded)>HMS “the Perfect Match”>Proac Tablette Reference 8 Signature.

No need to save any money - I've had a microRendu here for quite a few months now. My Uptone LPS-1 is with a local courier - I'm just waiting for the customs duty to clear (the joy of living in the UK).

I'll have a lot more to say about the 2Qute in the future. I'm going to do a detailed comparison of 'old school' vs. 'new kid' DACs at various price points. In its price point, the 2Qute will be up again a Sugden Au51 DAC (TDA1541A S2 Double Crown chip) and an Altmann Attraction (TDA1543 NOS). The DAC I'll use as a reference will be my Phasure NOS1a. I'll start a new thread for this when I've got the results.

Mani.

Main: SOtM sMS-200 -> Okto dac8PRO -> 6x Neurochrome 286 mono amps -> Tune Audio Anima horns + 2x Rotel RB-1590 amps -> 4 subs

Home Office: SOtM sMS-200 -> MOTU UltraLite-mk5 -> 6x Neurochrome 286 mono amps -> Impulse H2 speakers

Vinyl: Technics SP10 / London (Decca) Reference -> Trafomatic Luna -> RME ADI-2 Pro

Hi Many, Great to hear so. I am using with great effect Sboosters to feed them. With the 2qute I also use the sbooster ultra. Brought them from artsexcellence.com in NY. Kees is a great guy. You should also try the USB re-clocker from wyred 4 sound and fiber optics. I use 2 TP link mc 200. Enjoy. Next week I will try my HPQ with REW. Micro USB on order...

Sent from my SM-G925I using Computer Audiophile mobile app

Jensen VRD-iFF>Router>Rj45>opticalModule>
SFP>Buffalo2016>SFP>opticalModule >Rj45>

IZen Mk3>Rj45> Delock62619>Rj45>
etherRegen (Master Clock+ Mini-Circuits BLP)>SFP>opticalRendu>USB>IsoRegen>

USB>Phoenix>USB>OPPO 205 (Modded)>HMS “the Perfect Match”>Proac Tablette Reference 8 Signature.

I've just bought a 2Qute to play around with. Wow, what a DAC for the money! Being fed from a Paul Hynes PSU, I strongly prefer the 2Qute to the Schiit Yggy I had here a few months ago - it doesn't make my ears bleed like the Yggy did!

Mani.

In my setup , the Yggy beats the 2 qute easily .

In my setup , the Yggy beats the 2 qute easily .

Yeah... at glitching maybe ;-) But let's not go there...

Horses for courses.

Mani.

OFF TOPIC

Heath Ledger was superb as Joker.

Mani.

OFF TOPIC

Heath Ledger was superb as Joker.

Mani.

The best so far.

Dedicated Line DSD/DXD | Audirvana+ | iFi iDSD Nano | SET Tube Amp | Totem Mites

Surround: VLC | M-Audio FastTrack Pro | Mac Opt | Panasonic SA-HE100 | Logitech Z623

DIY: SET Tube Amp | Low-Noise Linear Regulated Power Supply | USB, Power, Speaker Cables | Speaker Stands | Acoustic Panels

• 2 weeks later...

just got my Audiophilleo and its PurePower PS back (battery replaced and, whilst at it, AP1 upgraded to SE -> 384KHz and DoP DSD-128) so, as the 2Qute is one of the very few DACs capable of 384/DSD-128 on coaxial, I changed from straight USB to S/PDIF

2Qute_Audiophilleo.jpg

whilst, at first, I got the impression sound was *a little* thinner, I also found it to be much cleaner. so after a few days... resolved to keep it all this way :)

next step, once the new battery PS for the Aries is here, is using the 2nd JS-2 LPS rail to power the 2Qute instead ;)

btw: now, even using Roon, after 15 minutes nothing is playing Audiophilleo's battery PS cuts off power and 2Qute's sample rate light turns off (as it does on its own using Audirvana as soon as music stops playing and as, I believe, it should ;) )

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier (or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Has anyone tried to add a clock update before the 2Qute? I'm considering to buy a SOtM dx-USB HD together with the SOtM mBPS-d2 power supply or just simply put a Mutec MC-3.2 SMART CLOCK HD into the chain.

I can tell you that I just introduced the SOtM sMS-200 to feed the the 2Qute, powering both with the W4S PS-1 and the results are revelatory.

I can tell you that I just introduced the SOtM sMS-200 to feed the the 2Qute, powering both with the W4S PS-1 and the results are revelatory.

So much for Rob Watts insistence on perfect galvanic isolation via 2Qute. That's why I always tell folks to just get the Hugo for a little more or less used and do your own galvanic isolation externally.

(JRiver) Jetway barebones NUC (mod 3 sCLK-EX, Cybershaft OP 14)  (PH SR7) => mini pcie adapter to PCIe 1X => tXUSBexp PCIe card (mod sCLK-EX) (PH SR7) => (USPCB) Chord DAVE => Omega Super 8XRS/REL t5i  (All powered thru Topaz Isolation Transformer)

So much for Rob Watts insistence on perfect galvanic isolation via 2Qute. That's why I always tell folks to just get the Hugo for a little more or less used and do your own galvanic isolation externally.

As far as I know only the USB has been galvanically isolated :-/

As far as I know only the USB has been galvanically isolated :-/

By definition that is correct.

USB when done correct will trump all other inputs via Chord. Let alone having the most format options available.

(JRiver) Jetway barebones NUC (mod 3 sCLK-EX, Cybershaft OP 14)  (PH SR7) => mini pcie adapter to PCIe 1X => tXUSBexp PCIe card (mod sCLK-EX) (PH SR7) => (USPCB) Chord DAVE => Omega Super 8XRS/REL t5i  (All powered thru Topaz Isolation Transformer)

The SOtM sMS-200 is a different type of animal. I have a HTPC with a PPA V3 USB card powering with LPS, connected to 2Qute + MCRU LPS with the Tellurium Q USB Black Diamond and the result is breathtaking but wondering if the clock update could improve the sound any more.

The SOtM sMS-200 is a different type of animal. I have a HTPC with a PPA V3 USB card powering with LPS, connected to 2Qute + MCRU LPS with the Tellurium Q USB Black Diamond and the result is breathtaking but wondering if the clock update could improve the sound any more.

Glavanic isolation via Ethernet or USB Intona. I choose Intona, due to it's ability not to restrict software/format capabilities. I find USB chords neutral (non coloring) when all ground loops and proper galvanic isolated power supplies are used. Which ever direction you go, an LPS-1 will pay huge dividends. Also getting a galvanically isolated power supply on the 2Qute would be huge. But an expensive proposition all these upgraded power supplies would be.

Your path make sense with the Hugo and the external galvanic isolation but I think it's different with the 2Qute.

Thus my original post that the 2Qute's galvanic isolation is not all that great. Guerph's findings with the SOtM sMS-200 being another example of it's lacking. Others have found the Intona to the same effect.