IGNORED

The "Official" Aurender Discussion Thread

Well...I guess I need some guidance.  On the A30 all was well, until the update.  Now, the CDs I uploaded that were categorized as "Unknown" have disappeared!!!  What the heck?  Anyone know how to get these back?  I suppose I can re-upload, but really, this should not happen.  

Of course, it always possible this is my  error.  Nevertheless, I would appreciate any help / guidance.

1 hour ago, Noushy said:

Samsung on their enterprise side does as does Micron.  But they get very expensive since they are geared for servers.

Noushy

Would one of these drives work with the Aurender.  I also read that Sabrent is planning to come out with a 16TB SSD sometime this year.

Problem is every one is moving away from sata to m.2/u.2 pcie.  There was a seagate nytro that comes in the 15.36 size.  All enterprise will be multiples of 240 because of the added error correction and failsafe.  Mostly 7.68TB drives.  The N20 accepts two drives so I have a pair of Samsung enterprise 7.68TB drives now in mine.

noushy

...Just in case you haven't noticed a little new device from Aurender. "TD100" 12V Trigger Dongle. This small cube will provide trigger out functionality on your Aurender streamer (attached to any free usb port). It can really be useful for someone. Does anyone have it already?

Aurender TD100.jpg

Synergistic Research Powercell 12UEF > Innuos PhoenixNET > Aurender N100H > Innuos PhoenixUSB > Ferrum audio Wandla + Hypsos DAC > Simaudio Moon 600i / Gato Audio DIA400S > Dynaudio C1 speakers > Siltech, Shunyata & Stealth cabling

7 hours ago, Koso said:

...Just in case you haven't noticed a little new device from Aurender. "TD100" 12V Trigger Dongle. This small cube will provide trigger out functionality on your Aurender streamer (attached to any free usb port). It can really be useful for someone. Does anyone have it already?

Aurender TD100.jpg

what is the real purpose for this device? Is it important? Thanks.

46 minutes ago, ufoerp said:

what is the real purpose for this device? Is it important? Thanks.

If you want to control switching another devices (amp, DAC etc.) ON/OFF by Aurender. Another device of course must have trigger input (which is quite common on many hifi gear, usually located on the back panel). If you connect for example amplifier and dac via this device to Aurender, you can switch on both units remotely using Aurender. In this case you can even set which port is active and you can set power on sequence and delay in Conductor app.
This is especially useful when some device don't have remote and you have to switch device ON/OFF manually. You just switch ON Aurender and connected gear switches automatically ON as well. Same with switching OFF.

Synergistic Research Powercell 12UEF > Innuos PhoenixNET > Aurender N100H > Innuos PhoenixUSB > Ferrum audio Wandla + Hypsos DAC > Simaudio Moon 600i / Gato Audio DIA400S > Dynaudio C1 speakers > Siltech, Shunyata & Stealth cabling

Ari or member help , please .

RE: A-10 support streaming service "Deezer" - 

Presently a Qobuz streamer , historically a Tidal streamer researching for best SQ , cross platform application (mobile) , features , cost / benefit winning service .

TIA folks  

• 2 weeks later...

Apologies for the question -- Does anyone have a good way of backing up the music files from an A30 (as Aurender strongly recommends, but with no guidance to make this happen.

Very interested in doing this backup, but could certainly use some assistance on this topic.

22 minutes ago, Len44 said:

Apologies for the question -- Does anyone have a good way of backing up the music files from an A30 (as Aurender strongly recommends, but with no guidance to make this happen.

Very interested in doing this backup, but could certainly use some assistance on this topic.

What computer platform do you use? If Mac, I can highly recommend the method I use: Mount the Aurender's internal drive and use the fabulous Chronosync application to create a backup task from it to a hard drive attached to your Mac. It will create a bit perfect backup of the Aurender which then you can store somewhere safely. I'm sure Windows has an application that functions similarly. The Aurender online support files give great directions on how to mount your Aurender's drive to either type of computer.

On 11/6/2022 at 5:06 PM, Len44 said:

You (like many here) are doing this the wrong way around. Whatever is on your Aurender should be the backup of the files you have stored elsewhere (computer, NAS, etc). Your Aurender should ONLY hold sound files and a Folder.jpg/Back.jpg file, anything else is clutter that should not be on the Aurender. 

You can filter these files with software like Fileboss

The easiest way is to mount the Aurender /music1/ folder on your computer as a network drive and do everything from there.

An annoying noise annoys an oyster

On 11/6/2022 at 11:06 AM, Len44 said:

There is a nice article on this very site and a lot of good dialog in the comments on this topic.

See 

Carlin "Rick" Smith

To me, the simplest thing to do is keep the main copy on an Aurender, and back that up automatically via NAS. If you edit files, metadata, album art, etc… on the Aurender, you don’t have to do anything else. It’s automatically backed up to the NAS. 

Sure, you could reverse this, but without gaining anything. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

• 2 weeks later...

For someone not experienced with aurender could someone please confirm if there is a windows client to control playback and the library? Looking on their website gives me the impression that this no longer exists.

Also is there an ability to load convolution filters directly and use the aurender outputs? I've seen the article here where this is possible using a external service/computer.

Thankyou

41 minutes ago, barbz said:

For someone not experienced with aurender could someone please confirm if there is a windows client to control playback and the library? Looking on their website gives me the impression that this no longer exists.

Also is there an ability to load convolution filters directly and use the aurender outputs? I've seen the article here where this is possible using a external service/computer.

Thankyou

No Windows client and no support for convolution. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png