IGNORED

Fidelizer 6.0 Released with big update and upgrade program

Windows X

Not exactly. This is the forth discount campaign. I run it every 100th purchase so it's irreverent to 7.0 version plans. Fidelizer's updating system is user-driven. We'll release an update whenever there is a need for it. It can go as far as 6.18 or even 6.180 depending on situation but I'll try to keep it in moderation since some people don't like seeing updates coming too often.

But yeah 7.0 updates isn't far-fetched idea since it's been over 9 months already since releasing 6.0. I could say 7.0 should come within a few months up to 12 months. But upgrading from 6.x to 7.x is reasonably cheap for 30%. Plus, if you purchase now, current discount can make up for the cost of future upgrading.

Personally, I wouldn't wait for a few of I don't really know how long months just to save a few more bucks. To be honest, I didn't even start coding 7.0 updates. Right now I'm busy preparing site contents for more-friendly user guide before updating 6.8. It's understandable for software like Amarra Symphony with iRC v3.0 where it costs $649 but Fidelizer Pro is just $69.95 making upgrading only few tens more.

I'm going to sleep now and will end 400th purchase campaign after I wake up. There's a few hours left so I hope everyone who's interested can get a good deal from this.

Happy Emm Labs/Viola/Karan/Rockport audiophile

Fidelizer - Feel the real sound http://www.fidelizer-audio.com

Got Fidelizer installed on my Audio PC. After listening for about an hour I concluded that while Fidelizer has helped to improve the sound, the impact was not as profound as when I installed it on my Control PC. I would say the improvement is more subtle, with more clarity in the music and bit a more realism and texture. I am pleased with the results.

Next stop...Process Lasso!

It never ends....

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

Since releasing Fidelizer 6.7, I noticed there're two types of computer audio setup. The first one is ordinary computer setup for better sound like most of normal people would. So Fidelizer 6.7 improves optimizations with consideration of common environment where security and user account control are working.

For another type of computer audio setup, it does nothing but playing audio. No security software installed and user account control is disabled completely. This kind of computer setup has better audio performance but be more vulnerable to security threats. With changes in Fidelizer 6.7 release, the overall performance is reduced along with security services that need to be turned off through external patches.

To make the most of both worlds, we need to find middle ground where it clearly separates between those two. In this case, Fidelizer 6.8 will check user account control's status through registry named "EnableLUA". If you disable user account control and set "EnableLUA" to 0, Fidelizer will apply optimizations without security concerns. It will also disable security services so you don't need external patches for this release. You can read how to disable user account control completely from here.

Changelog for version 6.8

Free

-Added Windows Defender, Windows Firewall, and related services back into stopping services list if User Account Control is turned off completely

-Added User Guide in download package

-Fixed failing to apply some core optimizations features due to service dependencies

-Improved process optimizations handling with User Account Control

Plus

-Added Windows Defender, Windows Firewall, and related services back into stopping services list if User Account Control is turned off completely

-Fixed failing to apply some core optimizations features due to service dependencies

Pro

-Added Windows Defender, Windows Firewall, and related services back into disabling services list if User Account Control is turned off completely

-Fixed possible errors on machine running without logging on some services based platform

I also added user guide document and fixed some other bugs too. Some people who failed to notice the difference before may find it positive this time because I solved service dependencies bug on some machines now. Let me know if there's anything need to be fixed so I can make a bug-free stable release before Windows 10 comes out.

Download: Fidelizer 6.8

Upgrade: Fidelizer Upgrade Program

Fidelizer Plus/Pro users should be received a mail about update and download link by now. If you somehow didn't receive an update notification as I received some delivery failure message too, please contact me for an update with your customer data to verify.

Does User Account Control apply to Server?

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

I download 6.8 and I find there is an improvement in the sound. I am using windows 10 and I still get a notification that Fidelizer is turning off the Windows Security Center. I thought that was specifically stated that 6.8 would not turn off the security center? I have made no other change to my system. I realize it is possible to manually turn off the security center but I have not done that.

Just in case I did not make the point clear, I find 6.8 a significant leap forward in sound quality. I'm using it with HQPlayer so perhaps things would be different with other users. I am really enjoying it.

Does User Account Control apply to Server?

I think it does by default configuration. If you can turn it off for better sound, that would be good.

I download 6.8 and I find there is an improvement in the sound. I am using windows 10 and I still get a notification that Fidelizer is turning off the Windows Security Center. I thought that was specifically stated that 6.8 would not turn off the security center? I have made no other change to my system. I realize it is possible to manually turn off the security center but I have not done that.

Just in case I did not make the point clear, I find 6.8 a significant leap forward in sound quality. I'm using it with HQPlayer so perhaps things would be different with other users. I am really enjoying it.

security center service is more like notification so turning off won't affect security directly. What it preserves are core security services like base filtering engine, firewall, Windows Defender, etc. Maybe I should consider keeping security center in future as well.

I'm glad to hear you're enjoying the improvements in version 6.8. I hope you'll consider upgrading to Fidelizer Pro for better improvements in future.

I don't suppose there could be an option to switch off all security etc. ?

Just that my audio pc runs buried in a cupboard, and so I use remote desktop that I understand needs user accounts to log into the pc, to enable remote control, I just use it to check it is running okay and update the music storage every now and then. (it runs music via ipeng, so no remote pc access is needed most of the time)

Cheers

Any info on the following will be greatly appreciated.

I have never used Fidelizer BUT would like to give it a spin when I have time.

I am currently using Roon. Any issues with Roon and Fidelizer I need to be aware of?

I am also using AO but with Roon, presently can only run in GUI mode of Server 2012 R2 as currently I can't get Roon running in Core mode (despite my best efforts). Any issues to be aware of Fidelizer + Roon in GUI 2012 R2?

Thanks in advance.

Howie

Hey Howie,

I am successfully using Fidelizer Pro 6.8 with Roon with excellent results running Windows 8.1. The Pro version is the way to go.

Great. Thanks. I will try it later today and will go the PRO route. Any settings you recommend or know of that I shouldn't turn on with ROON?

I am really loving Roon. Unfortunately, at this time I cannot run it in Core mode with Server 2012 R2 just GUI mode with Phil's Audiophile Optimizer and it sounds fantastic. My goal is AO+Fidelizer Pro 6.8 + Roon running in Core mode on Server 2012 R2. However, I am willing to "settle" for GUI mode of 2012 R2 at this time in order to use Roon.

I don't suppose there could be an option to switch off all security etc. ?

Just that my audio pc runs buried in a cupboard, and so I use remote desktop that I understand needs user accounts to log into the pc, to enable remote control, I just use it to check it is running okay and update the music storage every now and then. (it runs music via ipeng, so no remote pc access is needed most of the time)

Cheers

If you set EnableLUA to 0 before using Fidelizer, security services will be managed as well. Extremist optimizations is quite flexible with some options to handle things you need but if you need specific features, you can turn them back on manually in services.msc.

Any info on the following will be greatly appreciated.

I have never used Fidelizer BUT would like to give it a spin when I have time.

I am currently using Roon. Any issues with Roon and Fidelizer I need to be aware of?

I am also using AO but with Roon, presently can only run in GUI mode of Server 2012 R2 as currently I can't get Roon running in Core mode (despite my best efforts). Any issues to be aware of Fidelizer + Roon in GUI 2012 R2?

Thanks in advance.

Howie

I hear a lot of good things from Roon users in some forums as well. Mercman's suggestions come from Fidelizer Pro so if you're trying free version, you can start with Network Streaming optimization level and see if there's any noticeable improvement.

I also set EnableLUA to 0 before using Fidelizer Pro.

Just curious. Once you select Roon as your music player will that become the "default" or do you need to select the music player every time.

The reason I ask is because currently I have Roon starting automatically at startup of Server in order to avoid Splashtop remote and be able to run RDC instead when necessary.

If I could start Fidelizer automatically by placing it in the "start folder" and it automatically starts Roon then I can continue as is. Otherwise I would have to add Splashtop again.

Thanks

If I could start Fidelizer automatically by placing it in the "start folder" and it automatically starts Roon then I can continue as is. Otherwise I would have to add Splashtop again. Thanks

Fidelizer Pro is started by RUN in Registry. Same place to add Roon for auto start.

Then if you tell Fidelizer to optimize Roon, it will already be launched and Fidelizer can do its "thing" to Roon.

Just curious. Once you select Roon as your music player will that become the "default" or do you need to select the music player every time.

The reason I ask is because currently I have Roon starting automatically at startup of Server in order to avoid Splashtop remote and be able to run RDC instead when necessary.

If I could start Fidelizer automatically by placing it in the "start folder" and it automatically starts Roon then I can continue as is. Otherwise I would have to add Splashtop again.

Thanks

From the way you said, I think it's safe to assume you're using free version, right? For free version, it'll prompt file selecting application file every single time because it's designed to work for one-time. If you want automatic optimizations on startup with much better improvements, you can consider purchasing Fidelizer Pro. It works much better than just setting up automatically. You can read reviews and testimonials from here.

Customers’ Feedback | Fidelizer

From the way you said, I think it's safe to assume you're using free version, right? For free version, it'll prompt file selecting application file every single time because it's designed to work for one-time. If you want automatic optimizations on startup with much better improvements, you can consider purchasing Fidelizer Pro. It works much better than just setting up automatically. You can read reviews and testimonials from here.

Customers’ Feedback | Fidelizer

Definitely going to get Pro. I just want to understand if it did "auto start" as I want to avoid Splashtop as Roon will not run if you launch it manually with RDC due to an OpenGL error when running headless. Right now I have Roon launching automatically (as I am running it headless) and after it starts I can RDC to it if necessary.

@ Windows X: I have a problems with fidelizer free version. Normally I use audiophile option with hqplayer and fiio e17 and it works nicely. Recently when I use ifi iDSD nano and convert PCM to dsd128 with "audiophile" optimization on fidelizer, the sound has so much cracks. But this setting works well with "workstation" option. My computer is i7 3770k, so I think it is enough to handle PCM to DSD conversion. I just want to ask, if fidelizer pro can make my setting work with "audiophile" option, because I think that sound on this optimization levels is absolutely great, much more than on "workstation" optimization

@ Windows X: I have a problems with fidelizer free version. Normally I use audiophile option with hqplayer and fiio e17 and it works nicely. Recently when I use ifi iDSD nano and convert PCM to dsd128 with "audiophile" optimization on fidelizer, the sound has so much cracks. But this setting works well with "workstation" option. My computer is i7 3770k, so I think it is enough to handle PCM to DSD conversion. I just want to ask, if fidelizer pro can make my setting work with "audiophile" option, because I think that sound on this optimization levels is absolutely great, much more than on "workstation" optimization

You probably not selected HQPlayer as Music Player Application. If you run HQPlayer manually, you'll get 1 core with lowest priority. Choose HQPlayer in Fidelizer to fix it.

And if you want much better sound, do consider upgrading to Fidelizer Pro. ;)

• 1 month later...

purchase_offer-e1438051563126.jpg

With orders from AudiophileOptimizer and group purchase from PC Audio Club, we reached another 100th offer sooner than expected. Now I’m back from overseas trip and ready to launch this purchase offer now

Fidelizer Plus: US $39.95 —> $30.0

Fidelizer Pro: US $69.95 —> $55.0

This offer will last until 3rd August 2015. I’ll release 6.9 soon after this campaign is over with options to improve compatibility fixes on JPLAY clock. I hope this will be good opportunity for you to consider upgrading Fidelizer.

Keetakawee Punpeng (Windows X)