IGNORED

Fidelizer 6.0 Released with big update and upgrade program

Windows X

I had downloaded the latest update for the Pro but only got to try it out earlier today.

Definitely heard something that wasn't there before.

My system today was JRiver 20 running Fidelizer 6.12 on Win7

Did not experience any dropouts at all. Played mostly old Christmas standards and the vocals were gorgeous. Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Perry Como, etc.

The new update is a definite improvement over the previous version.

Custom Win10 Server | Mutec MC-3+ USB | Lampizator Amber | Job INT | ATC SCM20PSL + JL Audio E-Sub e110

• 2 weeks later...

purchase_offer.jpg

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year 2016 in advance. We reached 900th license milestone on X’Mas Eve. What a great timing. HURRAY!!!

Fidelizer Plus: US $39.95 —> $30.0 (Until 31st December 2015)

Fidelizer Pro: US $69.95 —> $55.0 (Until 31st December 2015)

This offer will last until 31st December 2015. I was busy with a plan to improve the website and Facebook/Twitter support before the end of this year. I received a few suggestions and issues to work out after 6.12 so I plan to release another update after new year event. I hope this will be another good chance to consider upgrading Fidelizer. I also refunded the excessive amount for customers who ordered today.

Keetakawee Punpeng (Windows X)

Happy Emm Labs/Viola/Karan/Rockport audiophile

Fidelizer - Feel the real sound http://www.fidelizer-audio.com

• 2 weeks later...

After releasing 6.12 for a while, I received reports about breaking some processes that require Task Scheduler like Process Lasso for an example. Process Lasso is one of famous audiophile tweaks so This won’t do. So I reverted the changes related to Task Scheduler for “EnableLUA = 0” customers.

I also received another request to keep JPLAY clock settings other than 15.6ms so it won’t change OS Timer resolution now if JPLAY clock configuration is present. I still recommend 0.5ms though because it’s good for time-sensitive and low latency applications. Let me know if there’s anything you need after this release.

Changelog for version 6.13

Free

-Improved playback I/O performance on non-networked audio

-OS timer option will be unchecked if JPLAY Clock is not found or set to 0.5ms

-Secured the code in core optimizations to make sure the changes will be applied correctly

Plus

-Secured the code in core optimizations to make sure the changes will be applied correctly

Pro

-Reverted changes made in previous relese related to Task Scheduler

I’m staying at my parents’ place with poor internet connection form True company in Thailand. It occasionally go down so I couldn’t send over 900 licenses in one go. I hope it went well.

Download: Fidelizer 6.13

Upgrade: Fidelizer Upgrade Program

Fidelizer Plus/Pro users should be received a mail about update and download link by now. If you somehow didn’t receive an update notification as I received some delivery failure message too, please contact me for an update with your customer data to verify.

One potential issue I see is using Fidelizer Pro with Roon / HQPlayer. On my computer, I must start Roon first, then the HQPlayer. Using the start-up feature requirement in Fidelizer Pro, I would have to select Roon as my music program even though most of the work is being done by the HQPlayer.

Steve Plaskin

One potential issue I see is using Fidelizer Pro with Roon / HQPlayer. On my computer, I must start Roon first, then the HQPlayer. Using the start-up feature requirement in Fidelizer Pro, I would have to select Roon as my music program even though most of the work is being done by the HQPlayer.

I'm using Fidelizer Pro with RoonServer / HQPlayer as well. I get RoonServer to "Launch at start up" and using Fidelizer Pro to start up HQPlayer. That way, RoonServer is always started before HQPlayer and works flawless.

Maybe you can do this.

1. Open Task Scheduler

2. Go to Library, create a basic task

3. Put a Name "Roon", click Next

4. Choose to run a task "When the computer starts", click Next

5. Choose "Start a program", click Next

6. Click Browse, select Roon software, click Next

7. Click Finish

Set HQPlayer to run with Fidelizer and then reboot. Try to change optimization level back to Workstation first to reset remember application trigger. That should allow Roon to run first and then HQPlayer with Fidelizer optimizations.

Regards,

Windows X

I was unable to get Roon to load at startup with the task scheduler, but I found another way to start Roon before Fidelizer:

Use Run and type shell:startup

Make a new shortcut for Roon.

That's it. Then Fidelize with HQPlayer

Works just great.

Steve Plaskin

I did a checkup to see how Fidelizer will work with Server and Renderer in a single PC again today. It appears that Fidelizer will treat Roon/RoonServer as non-audio processes if they're running before using Fidelizer optimizations on Audiophile/Extremist optimization level.

Seeing JPLAYStreamer + MinimServer combo made me overlooked such case. Is there any other popular music library server I should look into before releasing version 6.14 with Roon compatibility improvements?

Regards,

Windows X

At least for AcourateConvolver which I'm using, requires to be run before music player as it is a virtual asio driver. Both HQPlayer and Roon needs to detect it before it can run properly if I'm using them independently. When running Roon/HQPlayer integration, it only needs to be launch before HQPlayer. My current launching sequence is RoonServer - AcourateConvolver/JPlay - HQPlayer (Using Fidelizer Pro) on my headless server. I'm not too sure about Dirac Live.

I did use Process Lasso. But I'm a little confused on what's the best way to be done. I currently place Jplay on core 1, HQPlayer, Roon and AcourateConvolver on core 0,2. All other processes on core 3 including Fidelizer pro. Maybe you could give me some insights if the above configuration could be better?

I did use Process Lasso. But I'm a little confused on what's the best way to be done. I currently place Jplay on core 1, HQPlayer, Roon and AcourateConvolver on core 0,2. All other processes on core 3 including Fidelizer pro. Maybe you could give me some insights if the above configuration could be better?

From what I can see, you're already doing good so far. Fidelizer Pro will assign non-audio processes to core 3 already so you don't need assign other processes to core 3 yourself. You may unexpectedly harm audio performance but assigning some audio related processes you aren't aware of. You can try assigning HQPlayer, Roon and AcourateConvolver to core 2 alone. Single core process has its own merits too.

Regards,

Windows X

• 2 weeks later...

Hello X Windows,

I tried the version 6.13 with very satisfactory results.

Surely soon I am purchasing the PRO version, just wanted to know if Fidelizer lived well with Process Lasso and possibly if there were precise procedures to be followed for the start of the two programs.

thank waiting

Best regards

Lorenzo