IGNORED

Fidelizer 6.0 Released with big update and upgrade program

Windows X

If you use audiophile and get J River running automatically, you can try closing J River and run again manually. Some optimizations in player may cause stuttering with your configuration. DSD upsampling is intensive work so the process itself may interrupt when playback's engine optimized for high priority.

Happy Emm Labs/Viola/Karan/Rockport audiophile

Fidelizer - Feel the real sound http://www.fidelizer-audio.com

If you use audiophile and get J River running automatically, you can try closing J River and run again manually. Some optimizations in player may cause stuttering with your configuration. DSD upsampling is intensive work so the process itself may interrupt when playback's engine optimized for high priority.

Your are absolutely correct even with a I7 processor the optimization is too much for the system to handle DSD upsampling. I am trying different combinations but workstation seems to work very well in general.

If you choose the custom setting and do not select the Processor core resource assignment that should end the stutter problem. I had the same thing as soon as I tried the free version and selected the audiophile setting. Then I went to custom and deselected the core resource setting and it worked. Leaves me to wonder since many of us have multi-core processors these days why that was not addressed in the program. The designer made the comment that version 6.2 was optimized for multi-core but not on my i7 intel based system. The program has promise but this needs to be addressed. I should mention I am using HQPlayer and upsampling rebook to dsd. Even at DSD256 I am only seeing cpu load of no more than 15%. If I select core optimization the cpu load becomes very unstable. I would think the point of core optimization would be just the opposite?

I was having trouble like that until I set it for a renderer not a workstation...perhaps worth a try to change the type of computer setting?

I decided to get the pro version. I am using the Media Center preset. The renderer preset will not allow J.River to start playback on my system.

So far I am getting good results and it is helping with the harshness that I am geting using the Oppo HA-1 on USB while maintaining good detail. The mulit-core optimizations optimizations appears to work with the Media Center preset that I can see so far. I am using ASUS Z97-C with a i7 4790 16 GBytes of Crucial memory.

I use the media server and it starts fine. Does it give you the option when you first loaded it to select the program to run? I scrolled down and could select either Media Center or media server. Once I selected that, it did the reboot but I had to "click" to go get past the Windows 8 start screen. I click on desktop then it all starts loading up.

I'd recommend e-mailing the author...he was very responsive when I had some questions.

Positive emotions enhance our musical experiences.

Synology DS213+ NAS -> Auralic Vega w/Linear Power Supply -> Auralic Vega DAC (Symposium Jr rollerball isolation) -> XLR -> Auralic Taurus Pre -> XLR -> Pass Labs XA-30.5 power amplifier (on 4" maple and 4 Stillpoints) -> Hawthorne Audio Reference K2 Speakers in MTM configuration (Symposium Jr HD rollerball isolation) and Hawthorne Audio Bass Augmentation Baffles (Symposium Jr rollerball isolation) -> Bi-amped w/ two Rythmic OB plate amps) -> Extensive Room Treatments (x2 SRL Acoustics Prime 37 diffusion plus key absorption and extensive bass trapping) and Pi Audio Uberbuss' for the front end and amplification

If you choose the custom setting and do not select the Processor core resource assignment that should end the stutter problem. I had the same thing as soon as I tried the free version and selected the audiophile setting. Then I went to custom and deselected the core resource setting and it worked. Leaves me to wonder since many of us have multi-core processors these days why that was not addressed in the program. The designer made the comment that version 6.2 was optimized for multi-core but not on my i7 intel based system. The program has promise but this needs to be addressed. I should mention I am using HQPlayer and upsampling rebook to dsd. Even at DSD256 I am only seeing cpu load of no more than 15%. If I select core optimization the cpu load becomes very unstable. I would think the point of core optimization would be just the opposite?

That depends on how you'll put it. I'm purist audiophile and most of them would not want to add any additional DSP chain to make all resource dedicated to audio playback for maximum performance. So things like upsampling/DSD conversion/DSP processing are not considered to be used for archiving purist performance. Core optimization is for the sake of optimizing the core to use 100% on solid audio playback performance.

However, since the issue about intensive DSP being addressed, I'll consider for solutions for core optimizations to handle the case better with that. It may not be something to be released anytime soon though because it's not easy to universally improve audio performance for every machine. I need to be extra careful with optimizations to ensure everyone would get better result. You can see Mercman's case for an example, every tweak can make the sound for worse if not done right and the same goes with Fidelizer.

I decided to get the pro version. I am using the Media Center preset. The renderer preset will not allow J.River to start playback on my system.

So far I am getting good results and it is helping with the harshness that I am geting using the Oppo HA-1 on USB while maintaining good detail. The mulit-core optimizations optimizations appears to work with the Media Center preset that I can see so far. I am using ASUS Z97-C with a i7 4790 16 GBytes of Crucial memory.

How did you configure your hardware/software to play? Network Render optimizes only some TCP configuration in system modification and some real-time optimizations on startup. You can try scoping down the cause of problem by not allowing Fidelizer Core optimizations to run on startup and see if Network Render works.

Salut

Great software - thanks for the free version.

Do the paying versions allow to autostart Fidelizer with an audio player ? i.e. I would like to autostart Foobar with Fidelizer optimisations (switches would be great); either by placing the progs in the start menu or with a batch file.

Merci

Vernon

Salut Windows X

Thanks for your reply.

Just to be sure: I want to remote start my Audio PC with a magic packet (which I currently do) and I'd like Foobar to start with Fidelizer optmisations.

My Audio PC is headless (trying to be cool here - I mean there's no screen permanently attached) so there should be no mouse pointing/clicking and window closing. No keyboard is attached, either.

So once set up, can I do what I want ?

Thanks and regards

Vernon

• 2 weeks later...

I used to try with RME HDSP AES32 but no. DCC2 SE supports up to 96KHz so no 176.4/192KHz. You may send 96KHz separately but in the end it'll be mixed into 192 which is not supported by DAC's design.

However, DCC2 SE was the last Emm Labs that have word clock input so I couldn't let go of Rubidium and masterclock route just to get 192 support in DAC2X.

@ Windows X Cool :-)

..I have a little problem with dwm running and taking near 100% of one core pretty much all the time, I want it stopped, as believe the less the pc does the better it sounds.

I understand windows8 start up screen will go blank if I kill dwm, and i need that screen to start fidelizer and then slimserver.

I was trying to sort the problem before spending any more money on my music pc, but if fidelizer pro kills it...

I have a headless music pc that I start fidelizer and slimserver on via remote desk top, and use the network connection to stream to various squeezeboxes.

The free version of Fidelizer does not seem to want to start slimserver so I have to do it manually. what I am worried about if the pro version still has problems starting slimserver, I wont be able to do it manually as dwm would have blanked out the start screen...?

I guess I need to get free fidelizer starting slimserver then all should be well with the pro version?

Fidelizer doesn't kill dwm.exe. It just stop/disable Desktop Window Manager on Windows 7. Since Windows 8 doesn't have it, Fidelizer including Pro version won't touch dwm.exe directly so it won't affect your slimserver build configuration.

Free version of Fidelizer isn't friendly with slimserver build with anti-theft protection so that commercial music server can't have Fidelizer integrated easily. Fidelizer Pro will optimize system permanently and install startup optimizations that won't affect system boot process so I highly recommend you using Fidelizer Pro.

Yes I'm on windows 8, and I think dwm is running at 100% when I am remote desktopping, and chilling out at around 3% when not remote desktopping... needs more testing I think.

Anyway, so the pro version, would this start LMS (slimserver) automatically?

It would be wonderful just to push the power on button, of the pc, and fidelizer loads (or is already loaded) and then LMS starts all automatically, is this possible with the pro version?

Sorry just trying to understand the workings - if the pro version is loaded until it is unloaded, through power on's and off's it stays, I can just put LMS in the program start folder I guess..

Many thanks

dc