IGNORED

Fidelizer 6.0 Released with big update and upgrade program

Windows X

OK. Please try this.

1. Run Fidelizer Pro again.

2. Uninstall.

3. Reboot.

4. You shouldn't see Fidelizer starting up in cycle now. Run Fidelizer Pro again.

5. Configure to Audiophile/Music Server with Network Support and click Fidelize.

6. When you see file dialog prompt as previous screenshot, select Media Center 20.exe software.

7. Reboot.

Regards,

Windows X

Happy Emm Labs/Viola/Karan/Rockport audiophile

Fidelizer - Feel the real sound http://www.fidelizer-audio.com

Hi

Wondered if you may be able to help :-)

I have been running win8, using fidelizer free, right click and run as admin, then right click and run logitech media center as admin, sometimes this works sometimes it does not, more often, not, and then I get:

'this service can not accept control messages at this time'

So I just double click the LMS icon and it starts and runs fine.

However, I have now upgraded to windows10,

I still right click fidelizer run as admin,

LMS will not start as admin, 'this service can not accept control messages at this time'

it starts as a double click on the icon, but, does not find any squeezebox players,

If I don't run fidelizer, I can run LMS as admin and players are found..

Is there a service I can re-enable, once Fidelizer is running, to get LMS to run as admin?

and then maybe disable it again once LMS is running?

It would be nice to find a way around this problem as I must say it is a big drop in sound quality now Fidelizer is not running :-(

Many Thanks

dc

Fidelizer is working fine with most media server applications. I'm not sure if LMS require any additional services. I need more data. From what I checked, it added rules in "Internet Connection Sharing (ICS)" service which is disabled by default. Do you have this service set to Enable right now?

What optimization level did you set for running? Is it Extremist? Also, you can try setting EnableLUA = 0 to disable security layer completely. That may fix it.

Regards,

Windows X

Next to version 6.9 should be 7.0? Too bad, I can’t leave my customers with unfinished business and here’s version 6.10 fixing some usability issues I found after previous update.

In this version, “Customize” optimization level is now removed for better uses. I revised optimization level acting as preset instead so you can freely select options after choosing optimization level. Now JPLAY users can uncheck OS Timer option without selecting “Customize” first.

I also added added clearing selected music player application when unticking in Plus version. You can untick it and tick again to clear selected program. There should be caption text when prompting to select software to avoid misunderstandings.

Changelog for version 6.10

Free

-Added caption text information when prompt to select music player application

-Removed “Customize” optimization level allowing user to freely pick options

Plus

-Selected Music Player Application can be cleared by unticking option and tick again

Pro

-Music Player Application will also be remembered just like Plus version until this feature is unticked

That should cover most of reported issues from customers. This version shouldn’t affect audio performance comparing to version 6.9 so feel free to upgrade. There’s also few other things to check with Windows 10 and JPLAY/AudiophileOptimizer. It may take a while there’s some ideas I wanna try after Customize optimization level is lifted.

Download: Fidelizer 6.10

Upgrade: Fidelizer Upgrade Program

Fidelizer Plus/Pro users should be received a mail about update and download link by now. If you somehow didn’t receive an update notification as I received some delivery failure message too, please contact me for an update with your customer data to verify.

Fidelizer is working fine with most media server applications. I'm not sure if LMS require any additional services. I need more data. From what I checked, it added rules in "Internet Connection Sharing (ICS)" service which is disabled by default. Do you have this service set to Enable right now?

What optimization level did you set for running? Is it Extremist? Also, you can try setting EnableLUA = 0 to disable security layer completely. That may fix it.

Regards,

Windows X

Thanks for the reply and suggestions

I shall try and come back with more data,

(only one music pc..)

cheers

• 2 weeks later...

I upgraded my fanless music PC box to Win10, Fidelizer Pro, and Roon Headless player. Music files on a separate SSD in the computer box, which has wired only connection to the network.

Rock Solid + Sounds Great.

Waiting to see if there becomes a great player to go between Roon and the DAC. Roon surprised me though, with the Fidelizer addition, just how good it is. (for a medium optimized setup, I know you can do a LOT more tweaks.) I am happy with the stability and usability of my current setup.

[Home Digital] MSB Premier DAC > Modright LS300 > Atma-Sphere "Class D" Monoblocks > Daedalus Audio Muse Studio Speakers

[Home Analog] Technics SL-1200G > Boulder 508 (Benz Glider SL)

[Office] Laptop > Kitsune R2R lvl3 > Violectric V281 > Meze Liric / Meze Elite

[Travel] Laptop/iPad -> Focal Bathys

Been using 6.10 Free version for a few days and decided to buy the Pro Version, can't wait to hear the better sounding Fidelizer Pro.

I've sent you ones few days ago. I hope you're enjoying it right now. :)

I upgraded my fanless music PC box to Win10, Fidelizer Pro, and Roon Headless player. Music files on a separate SSD in the computer box, which has wired only connection to the network.

Rock Solid + Sounds Great.

Waiting to see if there becomes a great player to go between Roon and the DAC. Roon surprised me though, with the Fidelizer addition, just how good it is. (for a medium optimized setup, I know you can do a LOT more tweaks.) I am happy with the stability and usability of my current setup.

Yes. Stability is very important. I'll try to bring more of safe tweaks for everyone in future releases.

Question:

Is it possible to have Fidelizer choose HQPlayer as the media player application and still have the ability to drag and drop music files into the HQPlayer window? That's how I use HQPlayer (drag and drop).

Is this a permissions issue?

Thanks.

Try disabling UAC completely and set EnableLUA to 0. This way it won't request for Administrator account before running and dragging should work. Otherwise, login with Administrator account instead.

Regards,

Windows X

Thought it had been a while, not having any music on, time flies!

Switched on the recently upgraded win10 pc to find my ps2 keyboard and mouse are non active, not found...

Been the last few hours pulling my hair out trying to work out why?.. uninstalling changing stuff etc, I had to enable usb in the bios to plug in usb keyboard and mouse, eventually after loadsa restarts the keyboard is working from ps2 but have given up on the mouse for the time being - before I damage the pc! :-0

My 8 hours of the house to my self for loud music has shrunk to 3 hours now Ahrrr!

But, I tried enableLUA = 0 and Fidelizer started with admin LMS started with admin and found my players - First time!

Very Pleased :-D

Thankyou!!

Will attempt ps2 mouse and disabling usb another day, Oh boy!

Music on :-D

Many thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

I have tried the free copy of fidelizer on my system and am very impressed with the result - another step closer to an analogue sound, much smoother treble and more detail.

To experiment I used an IBM X60 laptop loaded with W10, JRiver and 24/96 music files stored on an SSD in the laptop. Not much else on the laptop and I used battery power

On my main system I run a CAPs Carbon variant using the PP USB card. Its running W10 pro, Jriver, a driver for the PP usb card and my Benchmark DAC2 again not much else so really dedicated to audio.

I currently stream Audio from a NAS via cat5 cable but want to change to having all my music on SSD within the caps or as a USB accessed store to eliminate any issues from the NAS and my long cable runs.

I wanty to purchase a Pro copy of Fidelizer but I am not a computer expert and find the user manuals dont tell me enough.

I struggled a little finding out the hard way how to set up the free software This forum thread helped alot but again its a long read.

To clarify what the pro version really does.

I want to run headless with my CAPs so I assume I can pin it to my startup folder. I also asssume it will auto start JRiver after one telling, so memorise where the JRiver file is.

I find the schematics in the user notes confusing .

I want to run with Caps using its own SSD but also have to allow for remote control of JRiver from an I pod using Wi Fi to my router and Cat5 cable to the CAPs

What are the optimum settings?

After I get that sorted out all I need is a remote control of Jriver that doesnt need Wi fi si i can rid myself of an internet connection and the prying eyes of microsoft. I live in hope

Ianmac

Engineered.ch NMR renderer/ JRiver/Benchmark DAC2HGC/Hypex Ncore/ ATC scm40.

Here's step-by-step for using Fidelizer Pro with your interests in mind.

1. Run Fidelizer Pro software

2. Select 'Extremist' Optimization Level and 'Music Server with Network support (For remote controller)' for Machine Configuration.

3. Click Fidelize

4. When prompted to select Music Player Application, navigate to 'C:\Program Files (x86)\J River\Media Center 21' and select 'Media Center 21.exe'.

5. Reboot

You'll see Fidelizer working on startup and open J River Media Center 21 after optimizations. Network still works fine with headless music server setup.