IGNORED

Auralic Lightning DS App (Software) - Impressions and Information

Hi Ajax,

I have found the best option to be USB into the D200. It sounds superb.

Thanks Misterpete, I wil definitely try it.

Out of interest how does the internal DAC of the Mini compare with the D200's?

Is there much difference using USB out of a computer compared to the Mini?

Thanks in advance

Ajax

LOUNGE: Mac Mini - Audirvana - Devialet 200 - ATOHM GT1 Speakers

OFFICE : Mac Mini - Audirvana - Benchmark DAC1HDR - ADAM A7 Active Monitors

TRAVEL : MacBook Air - Dragonfly V1.2 DAC - Sennheiser HD 650

BEACH : iPhone 6 - HRT iStreamer DAC - Akimate Micro + powered speakers

Positive emotions enhance our musical experiences.

Synology DS213+ NAS -> Auralic Vega w/Linear Power Supply -> Auralic Vega DAC (Symposium Jr rollerball isolation) -> XLR -> Auralic Taurus Pre -> XLR -> Pass Labs XA-30.5 power amplifier (on 4" maple and 4 Stillpoints) -> Hawthorne Audio Reference K2 Speakers in MTM configuration (Symposium Jr HD rollerball isolation) and Hawthorne Audio Bass Augmentation Baffles (Symposium Jr rollerball isolation) -> Bi-amped w/ two Rythmic OB plate amps) -> Extensive Room Treatments (x2 SRL Acoustics Prime 37 diffusion plus key absorption and extensive bass trapping) and Pi Audio Uberbuss' for the front end and amplification

Thanks Misterpete, I wil definitely try it.

Out of interest how does the internal DAC of the Mini compare with the D200's?

Is there much difference using USB out of a computer compared to the Mini?

Ajax

I think the answers to these questions are, "it depends"....

One can get superb sound out of a computer feeding the Devialet 200/400 via USB. For example, I have enjoyed a Mac Mini with JS-2 supply and Regen feeding my Devialet and running Roon. Sound quality is superb. Music is stored on a NAS.

I have not taken the time to compare the sound quality of this solution as opposed to using the Aries Mini to stream to the Devialet via USB which also works quite well. I have tried streaming from the combo using SPDIF as well, however there were a few anomalies I still need to chase down.

I have also fed the Devialet from the Aries Mini RCA outs. Sound quality of DSD files is quite good, I still need to experiment a bit more with standard PCM from the Aries Mini via RCA outs versus using the Devialet's DACs. However I don't think the Devialet gives up anything in regards to its PCM capabilities.

More to follow, and just one person's opinion.

Silver Circle Audio | Roon | Devialet | Synology | Vivid Audio | Stillpoint Aperture | Auralic | DH Labs

Oh, new promises from Auralic?

roon ROCK on a NUC Dawsoncanyon

ELAC DDP-2 as roon endpoint and Preamp (also for analog devices, TV, Omtec turntable amp for my Thorens TD2001)

XLR > ATC SCM45A pro

RME ADI 2 DAC Fs DAC/Pre with ADAM Artist5 at PC setup

Grado GH-1 Headphone

@jimmy I've got just email confirmation they've received my request to participate.

My understanding is that one have to install apple's TestFlight app which will then send you notification once there is something new to test for you (like anticipated Lightning DS for iphone)

@jimmy I've got just email confirmation they've received my request to participate.

My understanding is that one have to install apple's TestFlight app which will then send you notification once there is something new to test for you (like anticipated Lightning DS for iphone)

Yes, that is how it works.

W10 NUC i7 (Gen 10) > Roon (Audiolense FIR) > Motu UltraLite mk5 > (4) Hypex NCore NC502MP > JBL M2 Master Reference +4 subs

Watch my Podcast https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXMw_bZWBMtRWNJQfTJ38kA/videos

I present to you LDS running on my iPad Pro. It's AMAZING!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]22500[/ATTACH]

Nice! Now you can really enjoy coverart :)

Audio

Auralic Aries Mini > SBooster Vbus Isolator > Clicktronic USB 2.0 cable 0.5m > UpTone Audio REGEN (amber) > Curious USB REGEN link > Wadia 121 Decoding Computer > inakustik Reference NF-102 (RCA) > PrimaLuna Prologue Premium Integrated Amplifier (EL34 tubes) > AH! DLS Direkt KB10 Speaker Cable > Sonus Faber Liuto Tower

~ and ~

Wadia 121 Decoding Computer > Belkin male 3.5-3.5 stereo jack iPod cable (with 6.3 adapter) > Sennheiser RS180

Powerline

Dedicated power group > Oehlbach Powercord OFC 1.5mm2 Schuko-C13 > Furman AC-210A E Power Conditioner > Powerline 1 to PrimaLuna, Powerline 2 to Brennenstuhl Premium Powersocket

UpTone Audio REGEN is powered by Meanwell SMPS with SBooster Ultra for REGEN

Auralic Aries Mini is powered by SBooster BOTW P&P ECO 15/16V with SBooster Ultra 15V