IGNORED

Auralic Lightning DS App (Software) - Impressions and Information

LDS on iphone 6S plus working pretty well considering the early problems with LDS ipad versions. I have had a strange thing happen with current LDS ipad though. Blur effect seems to have almost gone away completely. Now it's just kinda matches the background color of the album. Any of you see this? I could add a screen shot if helpful.

Are you on 2.4 beta for iPad? I too see differences, and in general I prefer the user interface of LDS for iPhone. Chris Morris (Auralic) told me that over time they will adapt the UI of LDS iPad tto the LDS for iPhone UI.

Audio

Auralic Aries Mini > SBooster Vbus Isolator > Clicktronic USB 2.0 cable 0.5m > UpTone Audio REGEN (amber) > Curious USB REGEN link > Wadia 121 Decoding Computer > inakustik Reference NF-102 (RCA) > PrimaLuna Prologue Premium Integrated Amplifier (EL34 tubes) > AH! DLS Direkt KB10 Speaker Cable > Sonus Faber Liuto Tower

~ and ~

Wadia 121 Decoding Computer > Belkin male 3.5-3.5 stereo jack iPod cable (with 6.3 adapter) > Sennheiser RS180

Powerline

Dedicated power group > Oehlbach Powercord OFC 1.5mm2 Schuko-C13 > Furman AC-210A E Power Conditioner > Powerline 1 to PrimaLuna, Powerline 2 to Brennenstuhl Premium Powersocket

UpTone Audio REGEN is powered by Meanwell SMPS with SBooster Ultra for REGEN

Auralic Aries Mini is powered by SBooster BOTW P&P ECO 15/16V with SBooster Ultra 15V

Is there an easy way to select an artist and have it play play all songs from just that artist (and shuffle)?

Go to Folder view (icon on the bottom about center of the screen). Browse to the Artist. Songs are under the Items folder. At the top right you will see a button for Add All Songs.

To Shuffle, play a song then click the album cover in the top left. The shuffle button is just to the right of the forward arrow.

Digital:  Sonore opticalModule > Uptone EtherRegen > Shunyata Sigma Ethernet > Antipodes K30 > Shunyata Omega USB > Gustard X26pro DAC < Mutec REF10 SE120

Amp & Speakers:  Spectral DMA-150mk2 > Aerial 10T

Foundation: Stillpoints Ultra, Shunyata Denali v1 and Typhon x1 power conditioners, Shunyata Delta v2 and QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation and Infinity power cords, QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation XLR interconnect, Shunyata Sigma Ethernet, MIT Matrix HD 60 speaker cables, GIK bass traps, ASC Isothermal tube traps, Stillpoints Aperture panels, Quadraspire SVT rack, PGGB 256

Posted on Auralic Facebook page @ 10am CST today:

"Version 3.0 of Lightning Streaming Platform Firmware is coming, Adding MQA and RoonReady. Please visit AURALiC in Venetian Suite 29-122 during the 2016 CES, January 6 – 9.

AURALIC North America Inc. and its parent company, AURALIC LIMITED, are pleased to be the first developer of a complete line of high-resolution audio streamers to offer fully implemented capability for two of the industry’s significant new technologies: MQA decoding and the RoonReady integration.

Both these eagerly-awaited technologies will be demonstrated at the 2016 CES, and will be available soon afterwards via online firmware update. MQA decoding will be available for all three AURALiC’s lightning streaming devices: ARIES, ARIES LE and ARIES MINI. The RoonReady capability will initially be available for the ARIES and ARIES LE.

As TIDAL streaming is already integrated into the Lightning DS software platform, all three of AURALiC’s streaming models will be ready to handle TIDAL’s anticipated launch of MQA-encoded music.

During the CES, AURALiC will stream TIDAL and MQA exclusively, and will also be demonstrating the RoonReady capability.

Xuanqian Wang, AURALiC’s president & CEO, pointed out that “with ARIES and ARIES LE fully decoding MQA music, they bring the MQA technology to any existing DAC on the market. (The ARIES MINI has its own built-in DAC.)"

I'll be visiting Xuanqian Wang in his suite next week, so if you have any Lightning 3.0 (or other) questions for him, PM me or post them here for all to shoot holes in. I'm sure Chris will be there too (for more questions).

I'll be visiting Xuanqian Wang in his suite next week, so if you have any Lightning 3.0 (or other) questions for him, PM me or post them here for all to shoot holes in. I'm sure Chris will be there too (for more questions).

I would very much like to know the ETA for Roon integration on the Aries Mini. Their statement says the Aries and Aries LE will be first with the mini to follow.

I once mailed them for something else but also asked the question if it would be possible to upsample in the future. He answered it was on their 'to do' list. Could you ask if this is in their planning for 2016?

Yes, it's on my list, as well as enhancing the Lightning current "disable-DoP" conversion of DSD-to-PCM at some fixed rate. Thanks.

ETA for Roonspeaker (when and how much later for Mini), got it.

Thanks Ted B. Would love to know if there are plans to fix UPNP compatability in the Aries Mini. I sure would like to integrate it into my Squeezebox eco system. The control software is just so much better.

MHO Lightning DS is not yet better than iPeng it is getting there. Biggest difference is that iPeng is faster if you run LMS on something with a fast processor.

I hope that Auralic does not wait too long with adding Roon to the Aries mini because that could be the reason for me to keep it and not go back to LMS and Squeezelite.

I hope that Auralic does not wait too long with adding Roon to the Aries mini because that could be the reason for me to keep it and not go back to LMS and Squeezelite.
Ironic, then, that the only existing streamers that Roon have decided to natively support is Squeezebox!

So you should be able to use Roon now to drive your squeezelite running devices (without LMS and no actual change to the squeezelite software). Every other streamer, including the Aries can only work with Roon if they change their software/firmware to use the Roon software development kit.

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

Ironic, then, that the only existing streamers that Roon have decided to natively support is Squeezebox!

So you should be able to use Roon now to drive your squeezelite running devices (without LMS and no actual change to the squeezelite software). Every other streamer, including the Aries can only work with Roon if they change their software/firmware to use the Roon software development kit.

Thanks! Will read up on that.

Still hope that Roon will be released for the Aries Mini so I can compare.

Yes, it's on my list, as well as enhancing the Lightning current "disable-DoP" conversion of DSD-to-PCM at some fixed rate. Thanks.

ETA for Roonspeaker (when and how much later for Mini), got it.

Thank you Ted; also interested in Roon for the Mini. AS I understand correctly RoonSpeaker = RoonReady for hardware devices. RoonSpeaker is software with the same fucnctionality as RoonReady, but is the Roon streaming client software (endpoint) for Windows and Mac.

Audio

Auralic Aries Mini > SBooster Vbus Isolator > Clicktronic USB 2.0 cable 0.5m > UpTone Audio REGEN (amber) > Curious USB REGEN link > Wadia 121 Decoding Computer > inakustik Reference NF-102 (RCA) > PrimaLuna Prologue Premium Integrated Amplifier (EL34 tubes) > AH! DLS Direkt KB10 Speaker Cable > Sonus Faber Liuto Tower

~ and ~

Wadia 121 Decoding Computer > Belkin male 3.5-3.5 stereo jack iPod cable (with 6.3 adapter) > Sennheiser RS180

Powerline

Dedicated power group > Oehlbach Powercord OFC 1.5mm2 Schuko-C13 > Furman AC-210A E Power Conditioner > Powerline 1 to PrimaLuna, Powerline 2 to Brennenstuhl Premium Powersocket

UpTone Audio REGEN is powered by Meanwell SMPS with SBooster Ultra for REGEN

Auralic Aries Mini is powered by SBooster BOTW P&P ECO 15/16V with SBooster Ultra 15V

Has anyone else had problems with AURALiC's customer service? I recently purchased an Aries streamer,and the Lighting DS and Lighting Server combo is really not much past the beta phase (lots of problems and glitches) IMO. I contacted customer service through the website and it took days for each email to be responded to. After 5 or 6 emails over two weeks, they just quit responding altogether and my problems were never solved.

Has anyone else had problems with AURALiC's customer service? I recently purchased an Aries streamer,and the Lighting DS and Lighting Server combo is really not much past the beta phase (lots of problems and glitches) IMO. I contacted customer service through the website and it took days for each email to be responded to. After 5 or 6 emails over two weeks, they just quit responding altogether and my problems were never solved.

What are you glitches ? I'm using an Aries Full from many months without big issues (just comestic one or UI improvements). I stream from a NAS with ethernet with no flaws, no hiccup, cut or something else for hours with DSD256 and DXD.

So what do you mean by lots of problem ?

What are you glitches ? I'm using an Aries Full from many months without big issues (just comestic one or UI improvements). I stream from a NAS with ethernet with no flaws, no hiccup, cut or something else for hours with DSD256 and DXD.

So what do you mean by lots of problem ?

I can get ti to work with Minimserver, but really would like the functionality of the Lighting Server.

The main problems are...

At times, I can not connect at all to the lighting server. (Note: My WiFi network works fine, so it is not that.)

The last track on many albums shows as a second album.

Playlists add albums that I have not added to the list. Some album covers do not appear in the playlists.

I can get ti to work with Minimserver, but really would like the functionality of the Lighting Server.

The main problems are...

At times, I can not connect at all to the lighting server. (Note: My WiFi network works fine, so it is not that.)

The last track on many albums shows as a second album.

Playlists add albums that I have not added to the list. Some album covers do not appear in the playlists.

Are you using an airport extreme or time capsule as wifi router ?

For Lightning Server, it works as expected, so it's troubling that it doesn't work for you. I'm using ethernet and not wifi. Maybe this is why i have less issue :)

The last track on many albums shows as a second album. --> I never had those issue, and i've more than 600 albums and all are OK. Maybe a metadata/tag issue. Can you check with a software that everything is OK ?

Playlists add albums that I have not added to the list. Some album covers do not appear in the playlists --> I'm not using playlist so i will check

I was about to rush out and buy a Mini, bummer about LDS not being supported on Android I thought - but I still have my trusty iPod Touch (I thought, patting myself on the back).

But wait - it's an iPad only app!

So I'm stymied. It was going to be used on a ship (I'm a seafarer) as a headless solution with my 5TB WD powered external drive, but I don't feel like investing $$ on another IOS device tied into the world of iTunes pain.

So back to my MacBook Air and Audirvana I go, even though I'm getting the dreaded muting (and my iFi Nano DSD DAC mystifyingly dropping off the system under Audio Midi setup).

Shame!

I was about to rush out and buy a Mini, bummer about LDS not being supported on Android I thought - but I still have my trusty iPod Touch (I thought, patting myself on the back).

But wait - it's an iPad only app!

So I'm stymied. It was going to be used on a ship (I'm a seafarer) as a headless solution with my 5TB WD powered external drive, but I don't feel like investing $$ on another IOS device tied into the world of iTunes pain.

So back to my MacBook Air and Audirvana I go, even though I'm getting the dreaded muting (and my iFi Nano DSD DAC mystifyingly dropping off the system under Audio Midi setup).

Shame!

you don't need iTunes anymore to use tour iPad it configure it. Only of you want to put music or other datas. Even the update are done other the air. My wife is using her iPad Air 2 and iTunes is not installed on its computer.

Using an iPod touch (depending the generation) can be a pain due to power limitation.

And for me it's Android the pain :) I'm using both at home (tablet and shield TV) and omg i love my iPad ! So smooth, ui consistent and stable :), and true tablet app :) but Life is a question of choice :)

you don't need iTunes anymore to use tour iPad it configure it. Only of you want to put music or other datas. Even the update are done other the air. My wife is using her iPad Air 2 and iTunes is not installed on its computer.

Using an iPod touch (depending the generation) can be a pain due to power limitation.

And for me it's Android the pain :) I'm using both at home (tablet and shield TV) and omg i love my iPad ! So smooth, ui consistent and stable :), and true tablet app :) but Life is a question of choice :)

I can't be bothered buying an iPad just to use as a remote for initial setup.

I'll sit tight until the iPhone app shows up, hopefully it'll be good to go on my 5th gen Touch.

Hopefully...