IGNORED

Auralic Lightning DS App (Software) - Impressions and Information

It works... But no search function, which is pretty necessary if one has a large library.

Yep. Kazoo on the iPad works well if you need a search. I don't use my iPhone but was showing that if somebody had to have the ability that there is something currently available.

W10 NUC i7 (Gen 10) > Roon (Audiolense FIR) > Motu UltraLite mk5 > (4) Hypex NCore NC502MP > JBL M2 Master Reference +4 subs

Watch my Podcast https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXMw_bZWBMtRWNJQfTJ38kA/videos

I tried kazoo on ipad but problem is it load only 5 tracks and than stop playing after fifth

I don't have this issue. Have you killed all apps and tried again? Is your iPad newer or older? Is it full of data?

W10 NUC i7 (Gen 10) > Roon (Audiolense FIR) > Motu UltraLite mk5 > (4) Hypex NCore NC502MP > JBL M2 Master Reference +4 subs

Watch my Podcast https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXMw_bZWBMtRWNJQfTJ38kA/videos

ipad air 2 (it's not full)

tried installing/uninstalling kill app restart ipad many times and it's always the same. It load 5 tracks to queue and than stop

I think these is related to Lightning DS

Have you tried Kinsky on that iPad? If you have a Mac try Kazoo on it.

I have upgraded ipad to ios9 today and now installed kinsky and kazoo again, and both works Ok!

Nice!

I probably should have mentioned that I've been running iOS 9 for months now. Oops.

I read on Auralic's Facebook page that Android will no longer be developed ,unless

I read their response incorrectly . They will only work on iOS , desktop platform .

Is this true ?

That's how I read it too.

Not too good if you bought an Aries and only use Android .

People use Android? ;-)

I actually used to use it until I spoke on my wife's iPhone and figured out how clear the caller was. I was done with all the other phones and haven't looked back. Looking forward to my 6s!

People use Android? ;-)

I actually used to use it until I spoke on my wife's iPhone and figured out how clear the caller was. I was done with all the other phones and haven't looked back. Looking forward to my 6s!

It doesn't affect me either as I use an iPad but I wonder what Auralic's reasoning was on discontinuing

Android development . This may not impact the higher end Aries sales but the Aries Mini that seems like a

perfect Squeezebox replacement , it very well could .

Yes, 81.5% of the market in 2014:

Android and iOS Squeeze the Competition, Swelling to 96.3% of the Smartphone Operating System Market for Both 4Q14 and CY14, According to IDC - prUS25450615

Auralic is shooting themselves in the keister. And making a lot of customers angry.

Not so sure ... Develop only on iOS is fare more simplier, because there is a limited number of iOS tablet.

How many different android tablet on the market ? With different screens, cpu, ram, os etc ... Too much difficult to ensure a perfect experience with those numerous models. It's not possible to test every version (ask some android developpers ...)

So i can understand the decision of Auralic to choose only IOS to ensure a perfect user experience. And you need to have more developers ans more skills to be able to develop 2 versions of the same software products. Auralic is not a big company with 1000 employees.

Maybe they will sell less products with that, but maybe they will be better ?

And when people have some ultra high end system; i think that they can afford an ipad :)

Not so sure ... Develop only on iOS is fare more simplier, because there is a limited number of iOS tablet.

How many different android tablet on the market ? With different screens, cpu, ram, os etc ... Too much difficult to ensure a perfect experience with those numerous models. It's not possible to test every version (ask some android developpers ...)

So i can understand the decision of Auralic to choose only IOS to ensure a perfect user experience. And you need to have more developers ans more skills to be able to develop 2 versions of the same software products. Auralic is not a big company with 1000 employees.

Maybe they will sell less products with that, but maybe they will be better ?

And when people have some ultra high end system; i think that they can afford an ipad :)

Or a used ipad ,ipod touch when iphone app comes out if it will work on that device.

I just wonder though how many people looking at the mini will now pass on buying it. If I was a Android user

I would absolutely not buy one now.

Exactly my thinking! People spend stupid money on stuff but can't invest in the best tablet?!?! I can't wait to get my iPad Pro!

I was never an Apple fan either until I used their stuff. It just plain works and works very well including my MacBook Air.

Yes, 81.5% of the market in 2014:

Android and iOS Squeeze the Competition, Swelling to 96.3% of the Smartphone Operating System Market for Both 4Q14 and CY14, According to IDC - prUS25450615

Auralic is shooting themselves in the keister. And making a lot of customers angry.

Profit share is the better indicator for companies like Auralic to follow:

Apple makes nearly eight times as much money as all Android vendors combined | BGR

Apple's customers spend more money. Summarized well in this:

iOS vs Android: Developers make more money on iOS | BGR

"Android may trump iOS in terms of market share, but when it comes to actually generating profits for developers, Apple’s mobile platform still stands supreme."

Digital:  Sonore opticalModule > Uptone EtherRegen > Shunyata Sigma Ethernet > Antipodes K30 > Shunyata Omega USB > Gustard X26pro DAC < Mutec REF10 SE120

Amp & Speakers:  Spectral DMA-150mk2 > Aerial 10T

Foundation: Stillpoints Ultra, Shunyata Denali v1 and Typhon x1 power conditioners, Shunyata Delta v2 and QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation and Infinity power cords, QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation XLR interconnect, Shunyata Sigma Ethernet, MIT Matrix HD 60 speaker cables, GIK bass traps, ASC Isothermal tube traps, Stillpoints Aperture panels, Quadraspire SVT rack, PGGB 256

Speaking of iOS - I have not updated my iPad to iOS 9 for fear of breaking LDS. Anyone upgraded yet? I did a mess thank exhaustive search and did not find a mention. For what it's worth, LDS has always worked for me whether with minimserver or lightening. The history of this thread compels me to state that :)

My wife has the same model of mine, so I can use hers a a Guinea pig if needed...

Speaking of iOS - I have not updated my iPad to iOS 9 for fear of breaking LDS. Anyone upgraded yet? I did a mess thank exhaustive search and did not find a mention. For what it's worth, LDS has always worked for me whether with minimserver or lightening. The history of this thread compels me to state that :)

My wife has the same model of mine, so I can use hers a a Guinea pig if needed...

No recognized problem yet with iOS9 and LDS on my iPad air 2....

Auralic Aries G2 - Kii Control -  Kii Three active speakers -  OPPO BDP 95 - Clearaudio Concept turtable / AT-33 PTG II pu /Clearaudio Maestro Wood pu - Rega Fono MC riaa / Musical Surrondings riaa

Head-fi:

Beyerdynamic DT 1770 Pro - Shure SE846w/Silver Dragon - Chord Mojo

Exactly my thinking! People spend stupid money on stuff but can't invest in the best tablet?!?! I can't wait to get my iPad Pro!

I was never an Apple fan either until I used their stuff. It just plain works and works very well including my MacBook Air.

It is a bit unfortunate that we learn about this discontinuation of the Android platform through an answer on Auralic's Facebook. And for current Aries owners it's unfair (they bought their Aries with the promise of an ANdroid app). Nevertheless I feel the same.

People spend thousands of euro's / dollars on audio equipment. So I really don't see why they complain about a few hundred to get the best interface available to browse through their music colection. For those investing in an Aries Mini: just sum up the total cost of Mini + iPad (an Air 1 with 16Gb will do and costs € 350 new) and then compare to other streaming offers on the market and make up your mind.

Audio

Auralic Aries Mini > SBooster Vbus Isolator > Clicktronic USB 2.0 cable 0.5m > UpTone Audio REGEN (amber) > Curious USB REGEN link > Wadia 121 Decoding Computer > inakustik Reference NF-102 (RCA) > PrimaLuna Prologue Premium Integrated Amplifier (EL34 tubes) > AH! DLS Direkt KB10 Speaker Cable > Sonus Faber Liuto Tower

~ and ~

Wadia 121 Decoding Computer > Belkin male 3.5-3.5 stereo jack iPod cable (with 6.3 adapter) > Sennheiser RS180

Powerline

Dedicated power group > Oehlbach Powercord OFC 1.5mm2 Schuko-C13 > Furman AC-210A E Power Conditioner > Powerline 1 to PrimaLuna, Powerline 2 to Brennenstuhl Premium Powersocket

UpTone Audio REGEN is powered by Meanwell SMPS with SBooster Ultra for REGEN

Auralic Aries Mini is powered by SBooster BOTW P&P ECO 15/16V with SBooster Ultra 15V

for us android users this is very disapointing

not everyone want to use this apple stuff.

with this information i would not buy my aries again.

bubbleUPNP helps me to use the aries (but not the config or streaming services)

a shame for such a high price box....

roon ROCK on a NUC Dawsoncanyon

ELAC DDP-2 as roon endpoint and Preamp (also for analog devices, TV, Omtec turntable amp for my Thorens TD2001)

XLR > ATC SCM45A pro

RME ADI 2 DAC Fs DAC/Pre with ADAM Artist5 at PC setup

Grado GH-1 Headphone