IGNORED

HQ Player

16 hours ago, jimdukey said:

When does one move from Newbie to Sophomore?

I have more posts than some Sophomores!

And most of mine  are Very Sophomoric...

I think I'm Ready.

You have to pass your final exams...

But in the meantime we will still engage with you, even though you are a lowly Newbie...?

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protectors +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Protection>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three BXT (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

On 6/27/2018 at 8:07 AM, jimdukey said:

When does one move from Newbie to Sophomore?

I have more posts than some Sophomores!

And most of mine  are Very Sophomoric...

Perhaps therein lies the explanation for not progressing beyond Newbie. :)

"Relax, it's only hi-fi. There's never been a hi-fi emergency." - Roy Hall

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - William Bruce Cameron

something i don't understand   PCM44 to DSD512  using polysync filter  take 2minutes to initialyse and then take  37% of the CPU

and  PCM44 to DSD256 using Polysinc XTR start in 2s and take 45% of the CPu ? o.O

PC audio /Roon + HQPLAYER / HOLO Spring 2 / / DIY AD1 SET tube amp  /  DIY Altec 2 way horn Speaker

3 hours ago, juanitox said:

something i don't understand   PCM44 to DSD512  using polysync filter  take 2minutes to initialyse and then take  37% of the CPU

and  PCM44 to DSD256 using Polysinc XTR start in 2s and take 45% of the CPu ? o.O

Different filter, different initialization algorithm... Also the conversion ratio is different which also has impact on initialization time. This is totally different from the amount of CPU time it takes when running the filter.

2 minutes sound like quite long time, what kind of CPU do you have?

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

it feels like 2 minutes , don't know exactly ?     i have a I7 6700K no  Video card   ,too slow for XTR in 512  but  fortunatly DSD256 with poly XTR  sounds  incredible with HQ 3.21   better than polysync DSD512

PC audio /Roon + HQPLAYER / HOLO Spring 2 / / DIY AD1 SET tube amp  /  DIY Altec 2 way horn Speaker

I have the ultra Rendu into the usb dac of an Oppo 205. Running Roon and HQ player.

This morning I upgraded the firmware of the player , also the dac input, and now all I get is white noise when using the HQ player through Roon. Without HQPlayer in the loop (using the OPPO as playback devise) I get the music.

Any idea what happened or how to get it working again?

Thanks,

George

19 minutes ago, acousticmood said:

I have the ultra Rendu into the usb dac of an Oppo 205. Running Roon and HQ player.

This morning I upgraded the firmware of the player , also the dac input, and now all I get is white noise when using the HQ player through Roon. Without HQPlayer in the loop (using the OPPO as playback devise) I get the music.

Any idea what happened or how to get it working again?

Are you sending DSD to the DAC in both cases?

When running out to the ultra Rendu direct from Roon it only works with sample rate conversion turned off. When it is enabled (either dsd or pcm) I hear the music but with what sounds like digital distortion- the tempo also slows down a bit, that sounds like a clue but I have none.

thanks

That happens to me on first attempt to use HQ in a given day. ( Distorted, slows down ).

It doesn't always happen, but still....

Anyway, just stop playback, and press play again.

That Always fixes it for me.

I only have USB or Firewire into Dacs, no Streaming.

9 minutes ago, jimdukey said:

That happens to me on first attempt to use HQ in a given day. ( Distorted, slows down ).

It doesn't always happen, but still....

Anyway, just stop playback, and press play again.

That Always fixes it for me.

I only have USB or Firewire into Dacs, no Streaming.

I've sometimes seen that on macOS, rarely, but a few times. macOS having some hiccup. Stop/Play cycle fixes... It is rare enough that I'm not sure whether it happens with local and/or remote media (Roon or NAS). So whether it could be something related to source, something related to CPU or something related to CoreAudio.

Never seen such on Linux or Windows.

To be clear - I get white noise when I play Roon with  HQ. I get the distortion when not using HQ and playing Roon to the ultra Rendu, with sample rate conversion enabled. When sample rate conversion is disabled the music plays fine.

None of this surfaced until i upgraded the OPPO dac.

8 minutes ago, acousticmood said:

To be clear - I get white noise when I play Roon with  HQ. I get the distortion when not using HQ and playing Roon to the ultra Rendu, with sample rate conversion enabled. When sample rate conversion is disabled the music plays fine.

Maybe they have disabled or changed the DSD support on firmware upgrade?

3 hours ago, acousticmood said:

Hi, just curious as I have a similar problem using Ron, HQplayer, STi5, uR and a Qutest. The white noise comes just from one channel? At every time?

Jensen VRD-iFF>Router>Rj45>opticalModule>
SFP>Buffalo2016>SFP>opticalModule >Rj45>

IZen Mk3>Rj45> Delock62619>Rj45>
etherRegen (Master Clock+ Mini-Circuits BLP)>SFP>opticalRendu>USB>IsoRegen>

USB>Phoenix>USB>OPPO 205 (Modded)>HMS “the Perfect Match”>Proac Tablette Reference 8 Signature.

7 hours ago, acousticmood said:

Both channels evert time

Thanks. No sure if this helps but try not to change the tracks when they are playing. In my system it works. Also when it starts, go immediatly to uR and within tge apps menu, choose another option and then revert to HQplayer. It always start without whyte noise. Cheers

Jensen VRD-iFF>Router>Rj45>opticalModule>
SFP>Buffalo2016>SFP>opticalModule >Rj45>

IZen Mk3>Rj45> Delock62619>Rj45>
etherRegen (Master Clock+ Mini-Circuits BLP)>SFP>opticalRendu>USB>IsoRegen>

USB>Phoenix>USB>OPPO 205 (Modded)>HMS “the Perfect Match”>Proac Tablette Reference 8 Signature.

I have a question regarding the best way to use the HQPlayer volume control to provide appropriate headroom to avoid clipping when running room correction convolutions in Roon.

There are three ways I can do this:

1) Keep HQPlayer set on maximum volume, and reduce the gain in Roon's headroom management to the point that clipping is no longer indicated in HQPlayer.

2) Disable Roon's headroom management, and reduce the volume in HQPlayer to the point that clipping is no longer indicated in HQPlayer.

3) Share the headroom management between Roon and HQPlayer.  So if I need a total  -6dB reduction, set Roon's headroom management to -3dB, and HQPlayer's volume control to -3dB, giving -6dB overall.

From a technical perspective, which of the above is the optimum solution?  Any ideas?

Windows 11 PC, Roon, HQPlayer, Focus Fidelity convolutions, iFi Zen Stream, Paul Hynes SR4, Mutec REF10, Mutec MC3+USB, Devialet 1000Pro, KEF Blade.  Plus Pro-Ject Signature 12 TT for playing my 'legacy' vinyl collection. Desktop system; RME ADI-2 DAC fs, Meze Empyrean headphones.

7 minutes ago, Miska said:

(2), just send bit-perfect data from Roon to HQPlayer...

Ah, but it is not bit-perfect data in Roon?  Note that I am running the Room correction convolutions in Roon, so does this advice still stand?

Windows 11 PC, Roon, HQPlayer, Focus Fidelity convolutions, iFi Zen Stream, Paul Hynes SR4, Mutec REF10, Mutec MC3+USB, Devialet 1000Pro, KEF Blade.  Plus Pro-Ject Signature 12 TT for playing my 'legacy' vinyl collection. Desktop system; RME ADI-2 DAC fs, Meze Empyrean headphones.

4 minutes ago, Miska said:

Then you should run those in HQPlayer instead so that Roon becomes bit-perfect...

It would be helpful if the HQP interface was more user friendly.  I utilize Roon's headroom management because its so easy to implement.

HQP sounds great, but the interface is antiquated at this point....