IGNORED

HQ Player

22 hours ago, beerandmusic said:

Where is link to directions on how to use it?

1) Enable network control from HQPlayer by clicking the button in HQPlayer's toolbar.  2) Install HQPDcontrol and tell it IP address of HQPlayer computer. 3) Tell HQPDcontrol to synchronize HQPlayer's library. 4) Ready to use.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

@Miska Is it possible to have a separated sampling rate setting for DSD file upsampling?

Since upsampling DSD files (DSF/DFF) to DSD512 x 48 does not consume much CPU power, I've been thinking if HQplayer can have a separate rate setting like:

DSD file → certain SDM rate (DSD512 x 48)

PCM file → "auto rate family" SDM rate

Because upsampling 44.1/16 to DSD512 x48 with certain filters is still a quite challenging task, thus auto rate family is definitely necessary for PCM file.

I've flashed my DAC8 DSD to a new amanero firmware and solved the DSD512 X48 "pop noise" issue and really enjoy the sound of DSD files being upsampled to DSD512 x 48. (Previously I thought the pop noise of  DSD512 x 48 upsampled from DSD file was due to my incapability of my PC).

Now It is a bit troublesome to tick "auto rate family" on and off again and again if the playlist is mixed with DSD and PCM files. Because if just leave the "auto rate family" tick off and playing a playlist with PCM and DSD file mixed, it will most likely cause HQplayer crashed. (let's say: One DSD track to DSD512 X48, no problem; next 44.1/16 track with poly-sinc-xtr filter to 512 x 48, CPU overloaded, crashed).

Maybe not many people would try 48X512, but adding this feature to either HQplayer embedded or desktop version will be really great.

Software: Roon, Tidal, HQplayer 

HQplayer PC: i9 7980XE, Titan Xp, RTX 3090; i9 9900K, Titan V

DAC: Holo Audio MAY L2, T+A DAC8 DSD, exasound e12, iFi micro iDSD BL

USB tweaks: Intona, Uptone (ISO) regen, LPS-1, LPS-1.2, Sbooster Vbus2, Curious cables, SUPRA Certified HiSpeed USB cable

NAA: Logic CL100 powered by Uptone JS-2

AMP: Spectral DMC 30SV, Spectral DMA 300RS

Speaker: Magico S3 MKII

Rack: HRS SXR signature

35 minutes ago, louisxiawei said:

@Miska Is it possible to have a separated sampling rate setting for DSD file upsampling?

Since upsampling DSD files (DSF/DFF) to DSD512 x 48 does not consume much CPU power, I've been thinking if HQplayer can have a separate rate setting like:

DSD file → certain SDM rate (DSD512 x 48)

PCM file → "auto rate family" SDM rate

Because upsampling 44.1/16 to DSD512 x48 with certain filters is still a quite challenging task, thus auto rate family is definitely necessary for PCM file.

I've flashed my DAC8 DSD to a new amanero firmware and solved the DSD512 X48 "pop noise" issue and really enjoy the sound of DSD files being upsampled to DSD512 x 48. (Previously I thought the pop noise of  DSD512 x 48 upsampled from DSD file was due to my incapability of my PC).

Now It is a bit troublesome to tick "auto rate family" on and off again and again if the playlist is mixed with DSD and PCM files. Because if just leave the "auto rate family" tick off and playing a playlist with PCM and DSD file mixed, it will most likely cause HQplayer crashed. (let's say: One DSD track to DSD512 X48, no problem; next 44.1/16 track with poly-sinc-xtr filter to 512 x 48, CPU overloaded, crashed).

Maybe not many people would try 48X512, but adding this feature to either HQplayer embedded or desktop version will be really great.

I am trying to balance between amount of settings and complexity. Adding more settings also makes testing more and more complex because the number of possible setting combinations increases. So for now, I consider the gain that this setting would give to be small compared to the cost. It is also a setting that will lose it's basis as CPUs and GPUs become faster.

9 minutes ago, Miska said:

So for now, I consider the gain that this setting would give to be small compared to the cost. It is also a setting that will lose it's basis as CPUs and GPUs become faster.

I see. Good point! Thank you all the same.

Software: Roon, Tidal, HQplayer 

HQplayer PC: i9 7980XE, Titan Xp, RTX 3090; i9 9900K, Titan V

DAC: Holo Audio MAY L2, T+A DAC8 DSD, exasound e12, iFi micro iDSD BL

USB tweaks: Intona, Uptone (ISO) regen, LPS-1, LPS-1.2, Sbooster Vbus2, Curious cables, SUPRA Certified HiSpeed USB cable

NAA: Logic CL100 powered by Uptone JS-2

AMP: Spectral DMC 30SV, Spectral DMA 300RS

Speaker: Magico S3 MKII

Rack: HRS SXR signature

On Tuesday, July 10, 2018 at 5:29 AM, Ales Prochazka said:

Hello.
There seems to be no easy way to port an android app on iOS.
Unfortunately, now I do not have time to rewrite the entire program for another operating system.
Maybe in the future.

Hi @Ales Prochazka, it will be great and much more beneficial to add the feature in HQPDControl for streaming Tidal music to HQPlayer Desktop for playing.

You may consider a license version of HQPDControl for including this feature. I don't know the feasibility, and it is just my two cents only. Cheers!

3 hours ago, PieterP said:

Can I stream qobuz through HQPlayer? And how? 

There are couple of ways to do that with embedded HQP version.  The two way that i have used it mostly is via Bubbleupnp (Android only) and mconnect.  I think you might be able to leverage Linn Kazoo or equivalent client also.  Audrivina might be another option.

For support under desktop client you can leverage the Lodi plugin written by Geoff Armstrong.

1 hour ago, shadowlight said:

There are couple of ways to do that with embedded HQP version.  The two way that i have used it mostly is via Bubbleupnp (Android only) and mconnect.  I think you might be able to leverage Linn Kazoo or equivalent client also.  Audrivina might be another option.

For support under desktop client you can leverage the Lodi plugin written by Geoff Armstrong.

Just to correct your small typo; it’s a Kodi plug-in and I call it “Supersonic”.

Thanks

Geoff

Owner of: Sound Galleries, High-End Audio Dealer, Monaco

Hi, I'm experiencing some "pausing" issues with HQPlayer.  When I play a song, after a minute of playing, the music will stop and continue after roughly 1-2 seconds.  This did not happen in the past and I can't tell if it is due to Windows updates or what since I have not used HQPlayer for the past month or so (and so don't know if an automatic Windows update is causing this).  Any ideas?  None of my hardware/network configurations have changed.  I did upgrade to version 3.22 of HQPlayer, but thinking that was the problem, I downgraded back to 3.21 and the same thing is happening.  I am running HQPlayer on Windows 10.

Thank you.  Hammer

Hi Jussi, I upgraded my NAA image to see if that would fix my "pausing" problem above, but I notice that with the new image, I cannot play DSD on my Auralic Vega DAC.  My prior NAA image was fine.  Does the new image include drivers for my DAC?  If not, would it be possible to add?  Thank you!  Hammer

7 hours ago, Hammer said:

Hi Jussi, I upgraded my NAA image to see if that would fix my "pausing" problem above, but I notice that with the new image, I cannot play DSD on my Auralic Vega DAC.  My prior NAA image was fine.  Does the new image include drivers for my DAC?  If not, would it be possible to add?  Thank you!  Hammer

It should have the drivers and work. But which image are you using?

8 hours ago, Hammer said:

Hi, I'm experiencing some "pausing" issues with HQPlayer.  When I play a song, after a minute of playing, the music will stop and continue after roughly 1-2 seconds.  This did not happen in the past and I can't tell if it is due to Windows updates or what since I have not used HQPlayer for the past month or so (and so don't know if an automatic Windows update is causing this).  Any ideas?  None of my hardware/network configurations have changed.  I did upgrade to version 3.22 of HQPlayer, but thinking that was the problem, I downgraded back to 3.21 and the same thing is happening.  I am running HQPlayer on Windows 10.

I have similar generic problem on my mini-laptop and Windows 10. But it is with Windows itself without involving any HQPlayer running at all. Just plain Windows booted up, no applications running.

Symptom is that mouse pointer moves for about two seconds and then freezes for about a second and so on. This started with some Windows update last winter and even the last big update didn't fix it. So practically Win 10 is useless for me on that machine now. No problems at all with Fedora 28 Linux on the same machine.

So really hard to say, Windows is always unpredictable with it's updates and I am just starting to hate it more and more. The OS of pain and suffering...

On another machine, the recent big update fails to install no matter what I do. Only a hex code as error message.

33 minutes ago, Miska said:

So really hard to say, Windows is always unpredictable with it's updates and I am just starting to hate it more and more. The OS of pain and suffering...

On another machine, the recent big update fails to install no matter what I do. Only a hex code as error message.

I love your characterization of Windows.  One recent monthly quality update (KB4074588) repeatedly failed to install for me with a hex error code (0x80091007).  I eventually figured out that the manifest itself was bad for one of the fixes, so it was entirely Microsoft's fault.  I waited for the next month's quality update and it installed just fine. 

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

2 hours ago, Hammer said:

I’m using the x64 image.  Does the Pi3 image also contain the Auralic Vega driver?  thanks!

In HQPlayer, the drop down box says naa: AURALiC USB Audio: USB Audio...so it looks like it is connecting, but I don’t see SDM as an output option.  Only PCM.  Also, when I try to play PCM, the blue “setup” progress bar shows up, but ultimately fails and no music is played.  Thanks!

(I originally posted this in embedded HQP forum)

I can't get HQP and Roon running with MSB Select II dac

Roon server and HQP running on W10, i7, SSD, 16g ram machine. Latest versions of HQP and Roon

Have MSB select dac with new V2 renderer. Roon works perfectly. HQP tells me no device but there is no device to select in drop down menu.

Turned off MSB in Roon. Rebooted with just HQP running. Nothing. No device to select in HQP

Please help.....

18 minutes ago, Kingsrule said:

(I originally posted this in embedded HQP forum)

I can't get HQP and Roon running with MSB Select II dac

Roon server and HQP running on W10, i7, SSD, 16g ram machine. Latest versions of HQP and Roon

Have MSB select dac with new V2 renderer. Roon works perfectly. HQP tells me no device but there is no device to select in drop down menu.

Turned off MSB in Roon. Rebooted with just HQP running. Nothing. No device to select in HQP

Please help.....

How is the MSB DAC connected to the computer, USB? You have latest MSB drivers installed?

Are you trying to use WASAPI or ASIO backend in HQPlayer? I would assume MSB to support ASIO, but I really don't know what kind of drivers they provide.