IGNORED

HQ Player

Miska,

I bought your HQPlayer for Windows, but after upgrade the hard drive system to APFS, I can't anymore reinstall the Windows with bootcamp, so I can't listen DSD512 up, neither my HQPlayer.

Is it possible use my license key with Mac OS version or at least while this APFS issue remains?

22 minutes ago, MemoryPlayer said:

Miska,

I bought your HQPlayer for Windows, but after upgrade the hard drive system to APFS, I can't anymore reinstall the Windows with bootcamp, so I can't listen DSD512 up, neither my HQPlayer.

Is it possible use my license key with Mac OS version or at least while this APFS issue remains?

yes you can reinstall W. google and you'll find what I found

I just got a Bryston BDA-3 and i am having problems trying to play DSD. I am running the current version of Hqplayer.

I am playing flac files and no matter what settings i use i just get hiss. I even tried a 128 dsf file and set hqplayer to auto 

and still get  hiss. Not sure if i got a bad DAC. BTW all PCM works great. 

Can anyone out there with the Bryston BDA-3 recommend the proper settings.

37 minutes ago, jimdukey said:

What settings did you choose?

I found out what the problem is.

I have an IFI Micro iUSB3.0 between my server and the BDA-3. The  BDA-3 does not like it.

When i remove the IFI then the BDA-3 recognizes and plays DSD just fine.

I was using a Esoteric K-03x as my dac previous to this setup(with the IFI in between) and DSD was passed 

and played with no problems.

Not happy as the sound sent through the IFI is much improved.

Looks like i will have to stick with PCM, until i find a dac that supports my configuration. 

Wonder if the IFI has this problem with any other DAC's or just bryston.

BTW, i also tried different versions of HQplayer and had the same results.

Hey Guys/Jussi,

Can someone please point me towards the optimal settings for an Ifi idsd micro paired with a MBP (mid 2012).

Im currently using Audirvana, but there's a lot of brouhahah about the HQP so I'm on trial period but I'm hitting walls. Lookin at the response rate of replies from Jussi I felt he was on the ball, but it's been 4 days since I pm'd him and no cigar :(

On 6/9/2018 at 10:12 AM, Le Concombre Masqué said:

Though IR is only 4.9+ *, I have to go down 13 dB (26/0) not to get limited (on a nasty but favorite track by Jose James on Blue Note; I probably have nastier...) : are my speakers in danger ? 

Usually not, if HQPlayer does limiting (counter increases), it is smooth and safe action. But the danger is if you try to fill in nulls by boosting those frequencies in room eq. So the danger is more in the design rather than use. So generally you cannot fill in dips with eq, only smooth out peaks. If there's a null, you can put endless amount of power trying to fill the void, but it will just increase power consumption and speaker excursion on those frequencies.

So in your case you essentially output 10x more power at certain frequencies than at others, so the overall level may not sound that loud, but those certain frequencies will still ask significantly more.

As I said before be careful and moderate with any boosts. The estimate HQPlayer calculates is only an estimate, depending on your filter design tool you can see the actual boosts straight from the tool (Room Eq Wizard for example).

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

4 hours ago, Improved Sound said:

Hi!

I would like to assemble a music server able to do oversampling PCM> DSD 512 (poly-sinc-xtr-2s), based on a processor with a low TDP value. (in my opinion low TDP, sound better)

I'm thinking to the XEON D-1541 or  this Supermicro embedded  board  X10SDV-TLN-4F-O.

Opinions about it?

13-182-964_R01.jpg

I have only experience with Core i5 6600T and 7600T (low TDP models)...

4 hours ago, Narcissus said:

Hey Guys/Jussi,

Can someone please point me towards the optimal settings for an Ifi idsd micro paired with a MBP (mid 2012).

Im currently using Audirvana, but there's a lot of brouhahah about the HQP so I'm on trial period but I'm hitting walls. Lookin at the response rate of replies from Jussi I felt he was on the ball, but it's been 4 days since I pm'd him and no cigar :(

I use A+ with Micro Rendu and think its great.

8 hours ago, Narcissus said:

Hey Guys/Jussi,

With an older laptop like that I'd try 752/768k pcm upsampling with poly-sinc-xtr. The MacBook won't DSD512. Maybe DSD256 is worth a try. 

12 hours ago, Narcissus said:

Hey Guys/Jussi,

For DSD try ASDM7 modulator and poly-sinc-xtr-2s

9 hours ago, Jamesroy said:

I use A+ with Micro Rendu and think its great.

True, The Audirvana is sounding good as of now. But it's just a matter of me being a newbie to HQP settings, I'm sure HQP is a top notch player and will sound as good or better than A+. 

15 minutes ago, Narcissus said:

Please have a look at my settings, I'm not enjoying the sound. I'm quite sure the sound can be improved upon, what am I doing wrong? 

Jussi recommends a maximum volume of -3dB. 

Minor thing, but I would change DAC bits from 24 to default.

Everything else looks fine.

Try poly-sinc-short-mp-2s also, something different to your current filter.

1 hour ago, manishex said:

What's wrong with max volume 0dB? 

It should add nor take anything away? 

Jussi: "And I recommend my users to use max -3 dB volume setting when upsampling to avoid limiter kicking in at inter-sample overs."

poly-sinc-xtr-2s

On 6/10/2018 at 1:56 PM, Miska said:

I have only experience with Core i5 6600T and 7600T (low TDP models)...

FWIW, the Core i7 7700 has a TDP of 65W and will upsample to DSD512 (poly-sinc-xtr-2s), typically averaging 35% CPU utilization or less in my system.

"Relax, it's only hi-fi. There's never been a hi-fi emergency." - Roy Hall

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - William Bruce Cameron

On 6/9/2018 at 3:56 PM, MemoryPlayer said:

Windows and Mac/Linux use different keys. But you can get a bundle discount for the second platform license by asking me over email...

37 minutes ago, Allan F said:

poly-sinc-xtr-2s

FWIW, the Core i7 7700 has a TDP of 65W and will upsample to DSD512 (poly-sinc-xtr-2s), typically averaging 35% CPU utilization or less in my system.

My passive cooled i5-7600T (35W TDP) can also do poly-sinc-xtr-2s to DSD512. CPU load averages around 60%.