IGNORED

HQ Player

1. Is there a way to make Roon and HQ Player autostart in Win 10 like the JRiver does ?

2. How to ebnable DSD to DSD upsampling ? (PCM to DSD 256 works, but all DSD tracks are beeing replayed in native sampling rates, so DSD 64 plays as DSD 64, 128 as 128 etc.) I would like to upsample all DSD rates to DSD 256.

2. Uncheck "Direct SDM" in the DSF/DFF settings window.

New to PC world.Have Hqplayer and Roon .Hqplayer and Roon play together but Hqplayer will not play on its own.When I hit play a screen that says please wait as a green bar goes back and forth.Have music stored on a external drive hooked directly to PC.? when I go into file section it shows the hard drive I have connected twice.Could this be causing the problem.Can I delete one of them as they both show being created on same date and time.Like I said don't no much when it comes to PC.

This might be simple question, but I spent all night trying to figure it out.

I just downloaded the Linux version. But can't find the setting? Can someone let me know.

On Mac and PC the setting menu is about the tools bar. But where are it in Linux . Thx

DigitalDac: Chord DAVE, Amp: MC275 Mono, Preamp: FirstSound, Source: Esoteric K01X, Cable: TaraLab GME interconnect,
CASSOtM Trifecta Mod 75ohm MCI, TheLinearSolution TCXO Router

Analog: SME 20/2, SME V, Skala, Esoteric C03 Phono

I have been using HQPlayer (Macbook Air 2013 i7 8G ram) + NAA (cubox) + Lampizator L4 DSD only upsampling redbook to x128 without any problems. In order to upsample to x256, I have bought an ASUS H170m-plus with i7 6700T + 16G DDR4 + M.2 to run HQPlayer on Windows 10. I have tried 2 days with no luck to run HQPlayer smoothly on this PC. I only replace Macbook Air with this PC with Windows 10. I experienced a lot of dropouts and stutter during upsampling to x128.

CPU usage is below 20% all the time and network utilization is always single digit.

Anything I may miss during the PC setup?

Paul, where and what are your sources?

DigitalDac: Chord DAVE, Amp: MC275 Mono, Preamp: FirstSound, Source: Esoteric K01X, Cable: TaraLab GME interconnect,
CASSOtM Trifecta Mod 75ohm MCI, TheLinearSolution TCXO Router

Analog: SME 20/2, SME V, Skala, Esoteric C03 Phono

I'm trying to get HQPlayer to play in NAA mode with a microRendu.

Here's my setup:

Headless Mac Mini (running OS X) is running HQPlayer, connected to the LAN. microRendu is connected to my DAC which is also connected to the LAN.

I am trying to get this all to play through Roon, but Miska recommended in this thread to get the NAA working without Roon first, so that's what I'm trying to do with no luck.

My DAC is an LH Labs Geek Pulse X Infinity.

I added two tracks that are on Mac Mini locally and when I try to play the first track, nothing happens. It appears that the track is going to play, but the Time does not change. Then when trying to play the next track, oddly, the entire app gets stuck with progress bar going back and forth. I have to force quit HQPlayer to get it to stop.

Here's a screenshot of my preferences. Any ideas?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]26061[/ATTACH]

TIA

- Gary

Taking a look at HQPlayers website, it recommends upping the buffer time to 100ms (from default). I am using the player for PCM only, none of the lower boxes are checked on mine (Cuda, Pipeline SDM).

I have been using HQPlayer (Macbook Air 2013 i7 8G ram) + NAA (cubox) + Lampizator L4 DSD only upsampling redbook to x128 without any problems. In order to upsample to x256, I have bought an ASUS H170m-plus with i7 6700T + 16G DDR4 + M.2 to run HQPlayer on Windows 10. I have tried 2 days with no luck to run HQPlayer smoothly on this PC. I only replace Macbook Air with this PC with Windows 10. I experienced a lot of dropouts and stutter during upsampling to x128.

CPU usage is below 20% all the time and network utilization is always single digit.

Anything I may miss during the PC setup?

I had the same problem on my 8-core Xeon E3-1240Lv3 processor with upsampling to DSD 256. Checking the Pipeline SDM box helped (pipelining helps spreading the load across cores).

Adam

PC: custom Roon server with Pink Faun Ultra OCXO USB card

Digital: Lampizator Horizon DAC

Amp: Dan D'Agostino Momentum Stereo

Speakers: Magcio M3

I had the same problem on my 8-core Xeon E3-1240Lv3 processor with upsampling to DSD 256. Checking the Pipeline SDM box helped (pipelining helps spreading the load across cores).

Just one extra note, whenever using CUDA, also Pipeline SDM should be enabled. Otherwise there's likely not much advantage of CUDA...

I should probably enforce pipelining when CUDA is enabled, but at the moment it is not enforced.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

Still can't get Hqplayer to work on its own ? Works with Roon.When I try Hqplayer on its own music will not play .A box comes on screen saying please wait while a green bar goes back and forth.Tried removing library and adding it again still no luck ?

Still can't get Hqplayer to work on its own ? Works with Roon.When I try Hqplayer on its own music will not play .A box comes on screen saying please wait while a green bar goes back and forth.Tried removing library and adding it again still no luck ?

Can you enable and email me the log file? Really hard to say otherwise what is going wrong.

What happens if you just drag-and-drop content on HQPlayer window and then try to play it?

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

Something I figured out if I go into add library,add tree click on music then click on a album it is blank.But if I click on file explorer click on my hard drive were music is stored click on music then click a album the songs are there.

Try to delete your library and have HQP remake it for you.

In Windows go to \Users\username\AppData\local\HQPlayer directory and delete HQPlayer.xml.

In Mac/Linux go to hidden usernamedirectory/.hqplayer

You can also enable log from your Setting menu and check if it shows something unusual. You will be able to find HQPlayer.log file in the same directory I pointed above.

One more ? The graphics card in my computer is a Quadro K2000.It has cuda cores but only 364 and only rated as a 3 in compatibility.When I enable the cuda offload I get stuttering? Is this card just not good enough to enable cuda offload.I have a chance to buy a Asus Strix 980 at a very good price is it worth it to buy and install ?