IGNORED

Who's used the Audiophile Optimizer for Windows 2012 Server or Windows 8?

I've just installed 1.26 version.

I was runnning without it or jplay for 1 month now, wanted to test my W4S dac2 DSD femto and W4S pre amp without it first.

I've asked a friend to come this morning, we ran through listening sessions, then installed latest jplay and 1.26, and...voila.

Differences are crystal clear, both in low and high, seems like a curtain was removed, everything is more defined, tense, cleaner.

tracks used : Samantha Crain - Paint 24/44)

Asgeir - going home (24/44)

Metallica - Sad But True (24/192)

Passenger - let her go

I've given up dual pc setup, now just using a shuttle Z77R5, 8go DDR3 PPA, small SSD, 7970 gpu. jriver with two zone, one for HC, one for music.

and given the splendid Jremote integration, I couldn't ask for more, considering the price of..jrvier, jremote, phil optim, jplay...

I was runnning without it or jplay for 1 month now, wanted to test my W4S dac2 DSD femto and W4S pre amp without it first.

I've asked a friend to come this morning, we ran through listening sessions, then installed latest jplay and 1.26, and...voila.

Differences are crystal clear, both in low and high, seems like a curtain was removed, everything is more defined, tense, cleaner.

Passenger - let her go

I've given up dual pc setup, now just using a shuttle Z77R5, 8go DDR3 PPA, small SSD, 7970 gpu. jriver with two zone, one for HC, one for music.

and given the splendid Jremote integration, I couldn't ask for more, considering the price of..jrvier, jremote, phil optim, jplay...

I was toying around with the idea of JPLAY. What settings did you use? Did you use ASIO or Kernel in Jriver? Just curious about your JPLAY so i can start with a baseline. I know there are a few "filter" settings available to play with.

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

Passenger - let her go

Were you in core mode and please detail caps unit ?

al

re hi

so first for the settings

Playing via : KS

engine : xtream (as single pc)

bitstream : 32bits

all buffers : directlink

hibernate : off

Alrainbow, no I was and i'm staying in GUI mode for now, as I've yet to be sure that my dual zone jriver will work flawlessly in core mode, and I need to change stuff with my hamony remote, and I'm really not sure this wouldn't work in core mode. I need to keep things easy to use (I'm not the only one using it)

and I must admit I'm telling all that because I'm unsure of everything, it's still a new world to explore, my dac is not even totally burn in:)

caps unit.. as I'm french, if by caps you mean the hardware size... It's a Shuttle Z77R5 barebone, I7 3770 CPU, 8Go DDR3 PPA ram, 64Go sata 3 SSD, 7970 ati card.

And...it's watercooled, because in a closed cabinet, while watching movie with madvr and all scripts, temp rises too fast actually.

So koolance Apogee HD, EK wb on the 7970, koolance RP res + pump inside the shuttle, and a 480 rad on top of the cabinet to cool the water down.

One thing I forgot to mention.

Everything is connected to a Furman Elite 10 E-I. my two pre (marantz av8801 and W4S stp se), the two mono blocks are on one side, computer, dac on the other side.

Anyway, what I discovered today, during lunch (I'm lucky enough to be able to go back home for lunch, sigh:)), more details shown.

It's clear in samanta crain - paint, somes nails touch on the strings of the guitar were not so easely to locate.

the song from Bliss - Absence of fear show abysmall bass (my speakers, waterfall victoria evo, not really high end), and really clear vocals.

On the "bad" side of the things, some records are showing their weakness now, not that they were perfect before, but for exemple, Amon Amarth - twilight of the thunder gods (bought on quobuz) is tirying to listen to. and a bit too bright, vs prior to jplay/1.26 install.

Hi

There's no need to wait for the next release. You can buy 1.26 and update to 1.30 will be done withing minutes. But to answer your question, i think 1.30 will be released in about 2 weeks. Things are looking (sounding) good.. :)

Version 1.30, Major Upgrade (change log of beta15)

========================================================

AudiophileOptimizer 1.30:

- AO now offers Express, Advanced & Ultimate mode

- AO shows recommendations for HPET, SEHOP, WASAPI/MMCSS, USB, SPPSVC, etc.

- AO can generate a Settings Log File (start AO using parameter -l)

- AO can start directly in ultimate mode (start AO using parameter -u)

- Several improvements, further harmonizing and a few bug fixes

- Disable Internet Explorer Enhanced Security for Admins & Users via AO

(no more need to do this manually during windows setup)

- Disable SmartScreen Filter via AO

- Disable Software Protection Service via AO (available only for retail &

MSDN versions of Server 2012/R2, but not for evaluation & trial)

- Disable/enable Structured Exception Handling Overwrite Protection (SEHOP)

- Disable SCSI-MiniPort Drivers via AO (additional 30 drivers disabled)

- Disable USB 3 Link Power Management via AO

- Disable Drivers & Services now disables even more drivers/services

- Disable Network related services also disables more drivers/services

- AO doesn't exit into black screen anymore in core mode (now command prompt)

- AO can show usage type menu on demand (start AO using parameter -ut)

- Activation-Keys use new algorithm, old Keys won't work on 1.30 and up

- Five Activation-Keys for AO 1.30 and up included

ServiceTool 1.50:

- ServiceTool now offers a "Driver Helper" (Replacement for install.cmd)

- ServiceTool's Driver Helper can also enable/disable Test Signing

- ServiceTool now offers Component Store Corruption Repair

- Support for JRiver Media Center 20 (shell replacement via ServiceTool)

- Short names for AudiophileOptimizer and ServiceTool (ao.cmd and st.cmd)

(Start AO/ST from any path by typing "ao" or "st" and enter)

- Short names for JPLAYSettings (js.cmd)

(Start JPLAYSettings from any path by typing "js" and enter)

- Short names pass arguments (examples: "st -r", "ao -l", etc)

Setup 1.30:

- Setup applies Highend-AudioPC Wallpaper for 2012 or 2012 R2 (only once)

- Setup now also has OS-Checker (this will prevent wasted Activation-Keys)

- Setup now also has Downgrade-Protection like AO

- Setup creates a shortcut for IE on Desktop

- Setup deletes outdated PDF guides in AO directory

- Setup creates path variable for JPLAY (only if JPLAY is installed)

- Big update of the PDF guide

ıllıllı [  ...AO 4.00 BETA... ] ıllıllı
____________________________________________________________________________________

Shop | Reviews | Reference System | AudiophileOptimizer 3.00 | PDF Guide

Hi

There's no need to wait for the next release. You can buy 1.26 and update to 1.30 will be done withing minutes. But to answer your question, i think 1.30 will be released in about 2 weeks. Things are looking (sounding) good.. :)

Version 1.30, Major Upgrade (change log of beta15)

========================================================

AudiophileOptimizer 1.30:

- AO now offers Express, Advanced & Ultimate mode

- AO shows recommendations for HPET, SEHOP, WASAPI/MMCSS, USB, SPPSVC, etc.

- AO can generate a Settings Log File (start AO using parameter -l)

- AO can start directly in ultimate mode (start AO using parameter -u)

- Several improvements, further harmonizing and a few bug fixes

- Disable Internet Explorer Enhanced Security for Admins & Users via AO

- Disable SmartScreen Filter via AO

- Disable Software Protection Service via AO (available only for retail &

MSDN versions of Server 2012/R2, but not for evaluation & trial)

- Disable/enable Structured Exception Handling Overwrite Protection (SEHOP)

- Disable SCSI-MiniPort Drivers via AO (additional 30 drivers disabled)

- Disable USB 3 Link Power Management via AO

- Disable Drivers & Services now disables even more drivers/services

- Disable Network related services also disables more drivers/services

- AO doesn't exit into black screen anymore in core mode (now command prompt)

- AO can show usage type menu on demand (start AO using parameter -ut)

- Activation-Keys use new algorithm, old Keys won't work on 1.30 and up

- Five Activation-Keys for AO 1.30 and up included

ServiceTool 1.50:

- ServiceTool now offers a "Driver Helper" (Replacement for install.cmd)

- ServiceTool's Driver Helper can also enable/disable Test Signing

- ServiceTool now offers Component Store Corruption Repair

- Support for JRiver Media Center 20 (shell replacement via ServiceTool)

- Short names for AudiophileOptimizer and ServiceTool (ao.cmd and st.cmd)

(Start AO/ST from any path by typing "ao" or "st" and enter)

- Short names for JPLAYSettings (js.cmd)

(Start JPLAYSettings from any path by typing "js" and enter)

- Short names pass arguments (examples: "st -r", "ao -l", etc)

Setup 1.30:

- Setup applies Highend-AudioPC Wallpaper for 2012 or 2012 R2 (only once)

- Setup now also has OS-Checker (this will prevent wasted Activation-Keys)

- Setup now also has Downgrade-Protection like AO

- Setup creates a shortcut for IE on Desktop

- Setup deletes outdated PDF guides in AO directory

- Setup creates path variable for JPLAY (only if JPLAY is installed)

- Big update of the PDF guide

Wow! That is a huge amount of work and changes thank you Phil!

I cant wait to try it out!

Wow! That is a huge amount of work and changes thank you Phil!

I cant wait to try it out!

Yes! Looks very exciting Phil.

Thanks for all of your efforts.

Roon Server: Core i7-3770S, WS2012 + AO => HQP Server: Core, i7-9700K, HQPlayer OS => NAA: Celeron NUC, HQP NAA => ISO Regen with UltraCap LPS 1.2 => Mapleshade USB Cable => Lampizator L4 DSD-Only Balanced DAC Preamp => Blue Jeans Belden Balanced Cables => Mivera PurePower SE Amp => Magnepan 3.7i

It's the biggest and IMHO best update ever made for AO. Not only from usability perspective, also sound quality wise. Yet alone beta15 is the result of dozens and dozens of iterations. Beta Testing is ongoing, i am finishing the PDF guide these days. Software is almost ready beside a few cosmetic things. The web-site back end (fully automated upgrade process) is ready as well, I expect to release AO 1.30 in about 2 weeks! :)

____________________________________________________________________________________

I just joined the WS2012/AO club. I built up a new PC using an HP Slimline chassis, i5-4570S CPU, 32GB & 600GB SSDs and Windows Server 2012 R2. I brought this system to a colleague's home for auditioning and to compare with an existing Win7 PC used for digital music playback.

Even before running AO I noticed improvements in sound stage depth and accuracy, less treble edginess and better instrument focus. After installing AO there was further improvement.

The PC drives an Anedio U2 USB-to-S/PDIF converter connected to a TACT pre-amp. My colleague does tri-amplification with TACT power amps driving custom speakers and stereo subs. With the new PC delivering better sound we quickly realized the PC can easily be the limiting factor in overall sound quality.

I have not tried core mode yet, and still have a PPA USB3 card on order, so further improvements are certainly possible.

One question: Is it OK to install MinimServer into this WS2012 PC to make it double as a NAS, or is that not recommended due to sound quality degradation?

I just joined the WS2012/AO club. I built up a new PC using an HP Slimline chassis, i5-4570S CPU, 32GB & 600GB SSDs and Windows Server 2012 R2. I brought this system to a colleague's home for auditioning and to compare with an existing Win7 PC used for digital music playback.

Even before running AO I noticed improvements in sound stage depth and accuracy, less treble edginess and better instrument focus. After installing AO there was further improvement.

The PC drives an Anedio U2 USB-to-S/PDIF converter connected to a TACT pre-amp. My colleague does tri-amplification with TACT power amps driving custom speakers and stereo subs. With the new PC delivering better sound we quickly realized the PC can easily be the limiting factor in overall sound quality.

I have not tried core mode yet, and still have a PPA USB3 card on order, so further improvements are certainly possible.

One question: Is it OK to install MinimServer into this WS2012 PC to make it double as a NAS, or is that not recommended due to sound quality degradation?

Glad you like it and are finding the same enhancements as the rest of us! Definitely try core mode... THAT'S when the magic happens. Honestly I would not install MinimServer, because I'm not certain it'll run in core mode, which would then limit you on your sound playback.

Installing it won't hurt anything (really), though it might not work due to changes that AO does. Not sure. I'd try it and see, if not, just re-install win2k12... or if you do backups, then recover to the point before you installed.

I would recommend using another computer for MinimServer just to make it easier overall.

Phil,

Thanks for all you're doing with AO! We ALL appreciate every stride you've made in making AO better and better. I don't think ANY of the upgrades have been a disappointment (which is an impressive feat in and of itself).

Can't wait for the new version!!!!

On a side note, I finally plugged my computer into my PS Audio P10. OMG!!!! I have a very low ripple 320w PSU in the computer as it is (which I like as much as the Pico LVPS, can't tell the difference honestly) and I didn't realize how bad my power coming into the house effected the music!!! Now that that I have a steady clean power going to the computer it's made a world of difference. Does anyone else have a power regenerator (heck even a good filter might do similar), if you do make sure you plug your computer into it!!! I want to get another PS Audio P10 (not just for computer, but future monoblocks)... so I can have everything in the system on it. :)

Highly recommended to get a power regeneration unit for your computer system, amps, everything.

Pewter, I have the P3 powering my dac and amp. I agree that ac regeneration makes a huge difference.

Phil, what happened to version 1.27? :-)

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

Hi

Will there be a charge to upgrade to 1.30 if I buy the current version now?

It's hard to draw the line, but somewhere it must be. I don't want the new users to be disappointed because the older users go so many updates for free. I hope this fits for all.

after this major upgrade, updates will be free again until about one year or so. Then the next major upgrade will come, etc.

It's hard to draw the line, but somewhere it must be. I don't want the new users to be disappointed because the older users go so many updates for free. I hope this fits for all.

after this major upgrade, updates will be free again until about one year or so. Then the next major upgrade will come, etc.

It is a good policy IMO. A free-upgrades model is never sustainable long term.

Adam

PC: custom Roon server with Pink Faun Ultra OCXO USB card

Digital: Lampizator Horizon DAC

Amp: Dan D'Agostino Momentum Stereo

Speakers: Magcio M3

I did the upgrade. All went well , easy to do. This setup,is a must for anyone serious about digital audio and a cpu setup. It greatly improves any DAC I connect to,it. I have three setups. I have loaned one to rob and luk for the NYC audio show. I'll post results when it's up and running there. And Phil,is a super patient guy and well supports us in this product. He has helped me many times no matter how lazy I was for not reading his pdf manual. No more usb converters for me. This is way beyond any I had going for sure.

Weather battery or linear psu or pc psu it improves enough for me to be glad I took the time and investment. Few things I have tried had this impact from the moment I used it. I feel something I have to listen for is ok but something that jumps at me is what's important to me.

Al