IGNORED

Who's used the Audiophile Optimizer for Windows 2012 Server or Windows 8?

Phil uses a mytek but he's probably sleeping :) Look on page 45 of the manual at the driverhelper that runs from AO service tool.

2 modified PCs in a streamer with WS2012/ AO 2.20/ Jplay 7/ Fidelizer Pro 8.2/ Process Lasso/

Pachanko lan cables & PPA ethernet switch between pcs > Audio PC JCat Femto usb audio card > iFi Gemini 3.0 dual headed usb cable > iFi iGalvanic > iFi iUsb power 3.0   > iFi iPurifier 3 > Singxer SU-1 (i2s out) > Wyred 4 Sound DAC2V2 DSDse >

1) maxed out Woo WA2 > Beyerdynamic T1 w/ Forza Noir hybrid cable mod

2) Woo WA2 pre amp > Exposure 2010S2 Int Amp + Exposure 2010S2 Power Amp > Von Gaylord Legend Speakers + REL T-5 Sub-Bass System

***Audio system powered by two Equi=Core 300 balanced power sources                                                       

Yes Al, whenever I need to do installations and stuff like that I reinstall the gui and do it from there. I know one of my drivers needed to be run in Windows 7 compatibility mode. I'm glad you got it to work. Every time I do those things I struggle but learn something in the process. I think now I'm an advanced newbie.

I hope you enjoy AO 1.30. The sound presentation is fantastic. It may be as much as a 20%++ from the previous version.

2 modified PCs in a streamer with WS2012/ AO 2.20/ Jplay 7/ Fidelizer Pro 8.2/ Process Lasso/

Pachanko lan cables & PPA ethernet switch between pcs > Audio PC JCat Femto usb audio card > iFi Gemini 3.0 dual headed usb cable > iFi iGalvanic > iFi iUsb power 3.0   > iFi iPurifier 3 > Singxer SU-1 (i2s out) > Wyred 4 Sound DAC2V2 DSDse >

1) maxed out Woo WA2 > Beyerdynamic T1 w/ Forza Noir hybrid cable mod

2) Woo WA2 pre amp > Exposure 2010S2 Int Amp + Exposure 2010S2 Power Amp > Von Gaylord Legend Speakers + REL T-5 Sub-Bass System

***Audio system powered by two Equi=Core 300 balanced power sources                                                       

Today I installed two,other DACS in core mode an Ifi dsd micro and the hugo. Both went fine. I just wanted to try the mytek and it became tough. Anyway this is great product and because I too have become a junior it guy lmao. Anyway it's well worth the journey and I tell many to try it. Inhave evn done tech support for a couple on the phone . The driver helper worked after a reboot Or two. Thanks for the reply

Hi

not sure if i get this one right. I always had my artwork visible in JRiver, never needed to do anything for it besides ticking "generate thumbnails" in the auto import config.

However, re-enabling direct3D in core mode wouldn't be a smart move for many reasons.

I understand fully what your saying here.. However, I have a question on this. What would be the worse case:

1. Enabling direct3D or whatever's needed to allow use of Theater View in core mode?

or

2. Using Theater View in the GUI mode?

Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition / Stax SR-009, SR-007 MKI, SR-007 MKII

Lumin A-1 Network Player

iPAD Pro / JRemote App

JRiver 21 / unRAID NAS

Asking for directX I need it not for thumbnails but for scans of booklets, inlays and cds. So I was asking for displaying full quality picture scnas. I am not using library. I am playing files directly from RAM memory. Before playing the file I am loading the whole album or few of then in to the RAM memory (RAMDrive). Then the HDD is switched off. Another thing I have never had a need to explore the library usage. I have found a work around for the picture displaying. A little less convinient then the one offered by JRiver but I can live with that. I am opening the pictures with external application IrfanView. But there is one thing quite important for me. I have noticed that after runing AO the speed of copying the files through the SATA interface dropped significantly. With 16bit/44kHz can be accepted but when I am loading DSD256 or PCM 24/192 then it makes a big difference. I suspect that AO is switiching the operation of HDD to IDE protocol. Is there a solution to enable full SATA transfer in core mode. I need it only for loading the files so it will not have any influence over SQ. At least I think so.

WS 2012 with AO helps most but not all systems, and isnt for everyone. The explanation is unclear, but a reasonable theory is there is a source of noise from the computer (such as fans, or powerline noise) creating a baseline problem that is present regardless of the OS being used. Therefore the benefit of WS2012 with AO is drowned out, so to speak, by the other over arching problem. It seems the most effective benefits have been observed by users with a dedicated CAPS like audio PC build.

In my system (CAPS carbon with RWA black lightning and Paul Pang SATA cable) the improvement in WS 2012 with AO over win 8.1 is profound.

Actually a VERY good exlanation. Mostly suchs system have "issues" with clean power in any way. could be a power supply generating "noisy" power, could be a "bad" cable, "bad" wall wart or very often it's just a cheap and crappy power distribution unit.

After all (750+ AO customers) i only had 4 complaints about "neither server 2012 or AO makes a noticeable difference". 3 of 4 were resolved by replacing either PC power supply or the power ditribution. unftunately i had no time so far the help the fourth user to find his particular limiting factor :/

anyway, we are talking about 0.0053%

ıllıllı [  ...AO 4.00 BETA... ] ıllıllı
____________________________________________________________________________________

Shop | Reviews | Reference System | AudiophileOptimizer 3.00 | PDF Guide

anyone who owns a DAC needs this setup. The biggest variable of our audio besides the DAC is the cpu we use to play our files . In fact this setup makes all the DACS inwon sound much closer in quality but until someone like audio Phil has made this a complete effort there was no one stop solution. To me the improvment is well worth the effort needed form this. The improvment when done is very rewarding .

al

Curious to know how many people who use AO also use Jplay in a single PC setup. I am about to take the plunge myself but was just wondering what people thought of the AO + Jplay combo.

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

1 vote here for the single dedicated audio PC with JPlay and AO combo.

Audio PC - Gigabyte H97M-D3H, i7 at 800Mhz, RAM at 800Mhz & PPA OCXO Mobo, Teradak ATX Linear for 20 pin ATX on Mobo, Paul Hynes SR7EHD 12v, 5v & 5v supply on Mobo, Stammheim 12x LT3045's for 1.3v to RAM direct supply, JCat V2 USB Card, WTFPlay Linux Audiophile Player control by MELE F10, Startech LEX to REX on 12v Paul Hynes with 2x SLC cards and out by POE to ISO/Regen, PPA Red USB Cable, Lampizator Big7, Nige design Lifepo4 powered amp, Raidho C1s.

Curious to know how many people who use AO also use Jplay in a single PC setup. I am about to take the plunge myself but was just wondering what people thought of the AO + Jplay combo.

I run a single PC with AO (core mode) and JPLAY. JPLAY has been a tough road for me as I never liked it running on my 2 previous CAPS. With AO, JPLAY now is a must have for me. I tried running without it, but a get a significant (to me) reduction in clarity and imaging. AO is a no-brainier, but you should test the trial version a JPLAY before committing to it.

I just successfully installed 1.30 and although I can only run a couple of tests at low level (kids are in bed) it sounds great.

One question though. When running AO it does not ask me "Is this your ContolPC, AudioPC or your SinglePC?". The manual indicates it should still ask that question right before choosing Express, Advanced or Ultimate Mode but mine does not.

When I choose the sound signature it indicates that this is being set for a SinglePC so that's fine as that is what I am using, but what if I wanted to change that?

Thanks.

When SO detects JPlay on your server (which is required to run a dual server configuration), it automatically asks if you're configuring a single, audio or control PC.

Roon Server: Core i7-3770S, WS2012 + AO => HQP Server: Core, i7-9700K, HQPlayer OS => NAA: Celeron NUC, HQP NAA => ISO Regen with UltraCap LPS 1.2 => Mapleshade USB Cable => Lampizator L4 DSD-Only Balanced DAC Preamp => Blue Jeans Belden Balanced Cables => Mivera PurePower SE Amp => Magnepan 3.7i

Although a Streaming PC combo has always been in my back burner, my current single pc with ws2012r2, AO 1.30, and Jplay mini is a no-brainer. With the server running in core mode, it's a clear winner in my room ever.

WS2019 Core Datacenter, dualPC, JPLAY Femto, AO3, Fidelizer Pro 8.8, MC2XY, IOS app.

It pains me to be the lone voice of dissent here but sonically my experience in upgrading from 1.25 to 1.30 has not been positive.

I have been using AO for about a year and until now have found it to be one of the best discoveries that I have made in audio. It has really brought pleasurable analog-like sound, with great detail recovery, to my digital playback system. I have a Wyred 4 Sound DAC2 DSD SE dac, First Watt J2 amp, and Omega Alnico single driver speakers. Not the "Highest of the High" but pretty resolving and wonderfully musical.

I really loved 1.25 using the 4D sound signature. Loads of detail, non-fatiguing, and great tone. Unfortunately using 4D now with 1.30 the music has a hollow quality and has lost the magic I was enjoying. I did choose Ultimate for setup and cut out most everything except Remote Access which I need in my system to use RDP when making changes. I had also found that JRemote did not work when I turned off Remote Access.

I am not really sure what to do. Given the option I would roll back to 1.25. Does anyone know if that is possible?

"Don't Believe Everything You Think"

System

Regarding the 4 D. It's too tuby for me. On any DAC. I like 1/A or 1/B. It's keeping it real for me. But I am also a openite of up or down sampling. I feel they change the music and it looses something. I do tube roll though as this is at a analog level almost like EQ in analog. This allows me to keep it as real as possible.

also if the NIW 4/D setting is no good do you have a linaer or battery pau setup. If not it could be noise effecting the sound as well.

Al

Regarding the 4 D. It's too tuby for me. On any DAC. I like 1/A or 1/B. It's keeping it real for me. But I am also a openite of up or down sampling. I feel they change the music and it looses something. I do tube roll though as this is at a analog level almost like EQ in analog. This allows me to keep it as real as possible.

also if the NIW 4/D setting is no good do you have a linaer or battery pau setup. If not it could be noise effecting the sound as well.

Al

Thanks. As I do not have any tubes in my system to EQ the sound but I have found that 4D worked well to give me a bit of warmth. I am running my CAPS box with an HDPlex LPS.

The only change I made was moving from 1.25 to 1.30, otherwise the system was sounding great...

"Don't Believe Everything You Think"

System