IGNORED

Who's used the Audiophile Optimizer for Windows 2012 Server or Windows 8?

I ran setup and then the service tool and then AO. I am not sure what running the service tool did!

Sounds like you are good to go! Looking forward to your further impressions. I will be doing an extended listening session shortly.

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

Digital Filter Mode? B is suggested. Which one is Bit-Perfect and does not mess with the audio signal?

Sounds like you haven't read the manual. :)

"All sound signatures and Digital-Filter modes are bit perfect and do not alter the source in any way. They only change the way the operating systems handles the running tasks and their priorities as they relate to the operational state of the CPU. Always use the latest version available of the ServiceTool & AudiophileOptimizer."

Digital Filter Mode? B is suggested. Which one is Bit-Perfect and does not mess with the audio signal?

Thats the cool thing about computer audio. Every sound signature and every digital filter is bit-perfect.

ıllıllı [  ...AO 4.00 BETA... ] ıllıllı
____________________________________________________________________________________

Shop | Reviews | Reference System | AudiophileOptimizer 3.00 | PDF Guide

Hi Phil. Very exciting getting another build. I also found myself thinking "How could it get better that this?"

I have an installation question. I have been running Single PC in Core Mode using 1.25. Previously in the advanced setup I could choose to enable/disable either of Remote Networking or Remote Management. I chose to keep Remote Networking so that I could use RDP but turned off Remote Management.

Now in Ultimate mode it seems as if these two choices are rolled into one setting. When I turned it off I lost the ability to connect using either RDP or JRiver Remote. I may have missed some point so I am just checking. Is there a way to turn off Remote Management but retain Remote Networking in Ultimate Mode?

Thanks again for bring such enjoyment and excitement to out hobby...

Paul

"Don't Believe Everything You Think"

System

Hi Paul

This behavior is the same in all AO versions ever since. If you select to disable network related services, the option to disable RDP and windows remote management are not shown because they wouldn't work anyway since the network services are gone. But i'm not 100% sure if i got your questions right.

Best,

Phil

____________________________________________________________________________________

Hi Phil. Very exciting getting another build. I also found myself thinking "How could it get better that this?"

I have an installation question. I have been running Single PC in Core Mode using 1.25. Previously in the advanced setup I could choose to enable/disable either of Remote Networking or Remote Management. I chose to keep Remote Networking so that I could use RDP but turned off Remote Management.

Now in Ultimate mode it seems as if these two choices are rolled into one setting. When I turned it off I lost the ability to connect using either RDP or JRiver Remote. I may have missed some point so I am just checking. Is there a way to turn off Remote Management but retain Remote Networking in Ultimate Mode?

Thanks again for bring such enjoyment and excitement to out hobby...

Paul

I turned both off but enabled Network Related Services and I can connect using JRemote though I do not use RDP.

BTW Phil, I am honored to have been quoted in your v1.30 announcement!! :) Great work once again!

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

So if I choose to enable network related services then after that I can choose to just disable remote management but leave remote access enabled??

Thanks!

..Cool. I just graduated to being a "Sophomore" on CA. Only took 6 years. I did better in college :-)

Probably should have moved from being a "Lurker" to being an "Student Observer"...

"Don't Believe Everything You Think"

System

For many users CloneZilla was just to complicated. On the other hand Acronis is about 700$ if you want to clone a server OS hard drive.

Paragon does it all for 20$ and offers a nice and easy to follow gui. That's why i thought it would be a good idea to mention that in the guide :-)

For many users CloneZilla was just to complicated. On the other hand Acronis is about 700$ if you want to clone a server OS hard drive.

Paragon does it all for 20$ and offers a nice and easy to follow gui. That's why i thought it would be a good idea to mention that in the guide :-)

It's a pity Acronis won't help out home users of server OS, their win8 product is affordable but will not work on windows server OS.

I flirted with Paragon at Phil's suggestion. They have 2 products, be careful to get the right one. I got this advice from their support team:

"Backup & Recovey 14 doesn't support Windows 2012 Server R2.

OK, you can use Migrate OS to SSD 4.0 for your case, but please keep in mind it only copies OS relevant partitions, no data."

It probably works but in the end I leaned to use Clonezilla. It was actually pretty easy except that it would not work with my destination drive (a slim usb HDD). Eventually I tried another HDD (a 3tb powered one I use for backups) and hey presto.

CloneZilla just works for me and being an IT guy, I have no issues working with it. The question was not to be a dig, just curiosity more than anything.

I looked at the Paragon stuff and really did not see anything for my needs/tastes that warranted shelling out some $$$ compared to what I do with CloneZilla.

In fact after reading all over the Paragon site, it motivated me to take a clone of my server once again with CloneZilla.

If your an IT-Guy CloneZille will be the perfect fit, no doubt. :)

Another IT guy here.

Clonezilla has about as archaic a user interface as you could imagine, with lots of seeming complexity, but it's actually very easy to use. After using it a couple of times, I realized that most of the prompts can be ignored because the default option is the correct one.

It has the advantages of being free, functioning perfectly (in my experience) and it's not nearly as complex as it appears.

On the other hand, if a simpler, point and click interface is something you want, Clonezilla is not for you.

Roon Server: Core i7-3770S, WS2012 + AO => HQP Server: Core, i7-9700K, HQPlayer OS => NAA: Celeron NUC, HQP NAA => ISO Regen with UltraCap LPS 1.2 => Mapleshade USB Cable => Lampizator L4 DSD-Only Balanced DAC Preamp => Blue Jeans Belden Balanced Cables => Mivera PurePower SE Amp => Magnepan 3.7i

Dumb question why do we want to clone. Just do a reinstall what am I amissing. ?

Cloning/backing up your server system drive is highly recommended.

All of the effort (and money) I've expended installing and configuring licensed copies of Windows Server 2012, AO, jPlay and JRiver, not to mention all of the drivers and my settings is preserved in a (relatively) small folder on a USB stick. I have that copied to an offline drive as well.

I can restore my entire system from that USB stick in the event of drive failure in just a few minutes. But just as important, I feel free to experiment with my configuration, knowing that I can easily go back to it being just the way it was before.

Roon Server: Core i7-3770S, WS2012 + AO => HQP Server: Core, i7-9700K, HQPlayer OS => NAA: Celeron NUC, HQP NAA => ISO Regen with UltraCap LPS 1.2 => Mapleshade USB Cable => Lampizator L4 DSD-Only Balanced DAC Preamp => Blue Jeans Belden Balanced Cables => Mivera PurePower SE Amp => Magnepan 3.7i

Dumb question why do we want to clone. Just do a reinstall what am I amissing. ?

Say I have a SSD failure. After removing old SSD, and installing new SSD, with a drive clone (exact copy), I can be back up and running in about 20 min - and that is with restore verification. The drive is just like it was at the time of making the clone.

Now I also backup all my JRiver folders and library backup with a nice little batch file, then it gets backed up to another drive separate from my music system. So restore the clone, restore JRiver settings, and voila, no more settings to change, no more items missed, etc. Copying these files and folders may take another 5 min after the clone restore.

Just experience a complete failure one day of a drive and having no backup of your library (the backup is on the boot drive by default but you can save it anywhere) and you have to spend the time to reinstall the Server software, reinstall JRiver, get your key (unless written down), re-import all your files, fix any art that is not with the music, correct any tags you may have done manually. You could be talking a long long long time.

This type of tragedy will get you hooked on clones and backups of settings and folders.

I have been using AO for 6 months now and think it is THE best choice I've made in my PC audio build. Phil's program truly brings audiophile quality to the PC. I started out with Asus Xonar Essence sound card in Windows 7 a year ago so I know the audio problems in a PC.

This latest upgrade has brought the SQ to a whole new level. This is no tweak...its a leap. Every aspect of the music is improved: 3D imaging, huge soundstage. textures and details galore, but the best thing is the musicality. It is a bit hard to describe but every note and shift seems right on time. This only comes from precise timing.

I think Phil is like the Zen Master of Windows. He has tamed Windows' many distractions and brought it to a high level of meditation on the music....and the results are stunning. A job very well done indeed!

If you don't have it, do yourself a favor and get this program now.

2 modified PCs in a streamer with WS2012/ AO 2.20/ Jplay 7/ Fidelizer Pro 8.2/ Process Lasso/

Pachanko lan cables & PPA ethernet switch between pcs > Audio PC JCat Femto usb audio card > iFi Gemini 3.0 dual headed usb cable > iFi iGalvanic > iFi iUsb power 3.0   > iFi iPurifier 3 > Singxer SU-1 (i2s out) > Wyred 4 Sound DAC2V2 DSDse >

1) maxed out Woo WA2 > Beyerdynamic T1 w/ Forza Noir hybrid cable mod

2) Woo WA2 pre amp > Exposure 2010S2 Int Amp + Exposure 2010S2 Power Amp > Von Gaylord Legend Speakers + REL T-5 Sub-Bass System

***Audio system powered by two Equi=Core 300 balanced power sources                                                       

Cloning/backing up your server system drive is highly recommended.

All of the effort (and money) I've expended installing and configuring licensed copies of Windows Server 2012, AO, jPlay and JRiver, not to mention all of the drivers and my settings is preserved in a (relatively) small folder on a USB stick. I have that copied to an offline drive as well.

I can restore my entire system from that USB stick in the event of drive failure in just a few minutes. But just as important, I feel free to experiment with my configuration, knowing that I can easily go back to it being just the way it was before.

Which backup software are you using?

Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7s, 4 M&K ST-150Ts, 1 VCC-5; Amplification: 2 Vandersteen M7-HPAs, CI Audio D200 MKII, Ayre V-6xe; Preamp: Doshi Audio Line Stage v3.0; Phono Pre: Doshi Audio Phono Pre; Analog: Wave Kinetics NVS with Durand Telos composite arm; SME 3012R arm, Clearaudio Goldfinger Statement v2; Reel to Reel:  Technics RS-1500; Doshi Tape Pre-Amp; Studer A810, Studer A812, Tascam BR-20; Multi-channel: Bryston SP-3; Digital: Custom PC (Sean Jacobs DC4/Euphony/Stylus)> Lampizator Pacific

Just upgraded to 1.30!!!

Yep, it's the real deal. I have a fully optimized Macbook running (well just about everything I can on it for music only) along with my original AO 1.26 machine... and when I swap the USB cable between machines... well lets just say version 1.30 is well worth the price.

It still fascinates me that people still look towards other ways of listening to music still...this is hands down the best way to listen to audio via any computer.

For my ears, I have not heard any Linux, Mac, or other variant of Windows that can match the levels of detail, clarity, soundstage 3D depth and separation and now, musicality. That might have been the little bit that I didn't have was the musicality of what Mac has been doing (or where people that use them claim it's better). Linux, for my ears doesn't have the musicality, but very detailed.... Now Win2k12 + AO 1.30, it's really combining the best of Linux's speed and clarity and detail, Mac's musicality, and Windows' robustness or fullness.

Perfect synergy is what I'm hearing!!! Now to just finish the media pc build that this will reside on permanently!!!

Great Job Phil with all you've done and how good things are sounding!!!

Which backup software are you using?

I use Clonezilla, but my post about the value of cloning applies equally to all of the cloning software.

To be specific, I'm talking about the ability to clone the system drive so that the entire operating system (and the applications, drivers and software configuration) can be restored and booted from - not merely backing up/copying the system files to another drive.

Maybe I'm deceiving myself, but I use the regular Acronis for SSD backups. I bought a blank SSD (same size and type as original). I just boot regular Acronis from an external CD Drive, and use the Acronis Clone drive option to clone from eg, the internal Audio PC SSD to the identical blank external SSD that I connect with a $20 USB -> SATA connecting kit.

http://www.amazon.com/Vantec-CB-ISATAU2-Supports-2-5-Inch-5-25-Inch/dp/B000J01I1G/ref=sr_1_3?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1412412641&sr=1-3&keywords=usb+sata+adapter

Minutes later I have a perfect clone of the original drive (usually 32gb SSD).

I do the same with my OS drive for my Control PC.

My IT guy showed me how to do this and we've had to use the clone when the original got fried.

MG555