IGNORED

Who's used the Audiophile Optimizer for Windows 2012 Server or Windows 8?

I did the upgrade. All went well , easy to do. This setup,is a must for anyone serious about digital audio and a cpu setup. It greatly improves any DAC I connect to,it. I have three setups. I have loaned one to rob and luk for the NYC audio show. I'll post results when it's up and running there. And Phil,is a super patient guy and well supports us in this product. He has helped me many times no matter how lazy I was for not reading his pdf manual. No more usb converters for me. This is way beyond any I had going for sure.

Weather battery or linear psu or pc psu it improves enough for me to be glad I took the time and investment. Few things I have tried had this impact from the moment I used it. I feel something I have to listen for is ok but something that jumps at me is what's important to me.

Al

Congratulations Al.

I agree completely with your findings about the AO, but I'm not sure exactly what you mean when you say "I did the upgrade". I tried to find it earlier in the thread.

Could you elaborate, please?

Keith

Roon Server: Core i7-3770S, WS2012 + AO => HQP Server: Core, i7-9700K, HQPlayer OS => NAA: Celeron NUC, HQP NAA => ISO Regen with UltraCap LPS 1.2 => Mapleshade USB Cable => Lampizator L4 DSD-Only Balanced DAC Preamp => Blue Jeans Belden Balanced Cables => Mivera PurePower SE Amp => Magnepan 3.7i

Al made a pre-order of AO 1.30 and can now access the latest beta of 1.30 :-)

No, pre-orders are not available officially. But if someone is really deeply interested

in being a beta tester (this means a hell of work and some times risk), contact me.

ıllıllı [  ...AO 4.00 BETA... ] ıllıllı
____________________________________________________________________________________

Shop | Reviews | Reference System | AudiophileOptimizer 3.00 | PDF Guide

Wow Phil I don't know how but this is really damn good. Some how the audio is improved. It's even more detailed then before. An example is one of my test tracks is just red book. A count basie cd Kansas city shout. This cd made me by my first set of infinty speakers the RS 1B. Anyway. The details are amazing and it has all the good stuff , great vocals , piano , brass . But the cymbols are brushed so ona lesser system it can be as bad as hiss. The studio has echo but very little . This is giving the brush strokes and the echo of the echo of the studio as he sings. Ina clarity I only get close to witha my 35 K MSB. Well now I get that and more with my lampi B7 and phils recommendation of a custom caps and his AO. This a new level of details. I cannot wait for the MSB and my infinty,s to be back up and running. I use the 1/A combo it's the most detailed i have found. Phil reccomended the 4 /D. It's more like tube very relaxed calming but very detailed , but as moods change for today it's rip,it up. A very big thanks to audio phill.

Al

I am also a longtime AO beta tester for Phil. This version 1.30 is a marvel. it's not just a lower noise floor and better detail retrieval, it's as though he found a spot where the floor opens up and a cavern has been found. I am hearing micro-detail (air and spatial cues) that simply emanate from a void. These micro-details are neither harsh nor bright; they are natural and they add an additional sense of realism to the music. It's that magical feeling when a recording begins and loads the room, even though no notes have begun. The venue has arrived and taken over the space in your listening environment.

That kind of retrieval requires careful OS optimization; it's like Einstein...make it as simple as possible... but no simpler. I'm amazed Phil found more to simplify without going too far. Great job Phil!

No release of AO ever took so much engagement and coding like 1.30. That's also the reason why i jumped over 1.27, 1.28 and 1.29.

1.30 contains more development than all those three together. :-) AO 1.30 is the biggest and probably best AO ever so far, over 200 hours of development just for this release! Sine last night, we face beta19. This in fact is not the 19th beta of AO 1.30, i think its about the 380th build of AO 1.30. Last night i got rid of some instable behavior of the SETX command to set the PATH variale. This is very important for the new shortnames (ao, st & js) to work correcty. I also added an argumet to directly start AO in express mode and a few other small kool things.

and aside from that, i have integrated a hidde beta feature into ServieTool. I can post a Video how i control JRiver Media Center in core mode using my Logitech Harmony Infrared Remote :) YESS.... Brought IrDA to windows server 2012/R2! :)

____________________________________________________________________________________

I can post a Video how i control JRiver Media Center in core mode using my Logitech Harmony Infrared Remote :) YESS.... Brought IrDA to windows server 2012/R2! :)

Now I am really interested....for those of us who have no time for any network or wireless activity on our audio PC's this sounds very interesting....hope all we need is a little USB IR receiver for the Harmony.

Audio PC - Gigabyte H97M-D3H, i7 at 800Mhz, RAM at 800Mhz & PPA OCXO Mobo, Teradak ATX Linear for 20 pin ATX on Mobo, Paul Hynes SR7EHD 12v, 5v & 5v supply on Mobo, Stammheim 12x LT3045's for 1.3v to RAM direct supply, JCat V2 USB Card, WTFPlay Linux Audiophile Player control by MELE F10, Startech LEX to REX on 12v Paul Hynes with 2x SLC cards and out by POE to ISO/Regen, PPA Red USB Cable, Lampizator Big7, Nige design Lifepo4 powered amp, Raidho C1s.

It works only with Microsoft MediaCenter (eHome) devices. I bought an IR receiver for 14$, USB, eHome, Lenovo. Works like a charm :-)

It should work with all eHome compatible devices. This one is what i have: NEW Lenovo Ehome RXX6000 40 USB RC6 IR Remote Media Center Receiver | eBay

just select microsoft eHome in harmony profile et voilà :-)

you could even start and control AO with that

Cool....already have Harmony 555 and receivers so looking forward to this release.

Better sound and remote control....what's not to like, well worth the cost.

Audio PC - Gigabyte H97M-D3H, i7 at 800Mhz, RAM at 800Mhz & PPA OCXO Mobo, Teradak ATX Linear for 20 pin ATX on Mobo, Paul Hynes SR7EHD 12v, 5v & 5v supply on Mobo, Stammheim 12x LT3045's for 1.3v to RAM direct supply, JCat V2 USB Card, WTFPlay Linux Audiophile Player control by MELE F10, Startech LEX to REX on 12v Paul Hynes with 2x SLC cards and out by POE to ISO/Regen, PPA Red USB Cable, Lampizator Big7, Nige design Lifepo4 powered amp, Raidho C1s.

Cool....already have Harmony 555 and receivers so looking forward to this release.

Better sound and remote control....what's not to like, well worth the cost.

Well... This feature will stay hidden & beta with the final release of AO 1.30. It won't be mentioned in the change log, it won't be documented in the PDF guide, and i won't provide any email support for this it all. But it's there, its working, just hidden.... :)

eHome.png

I was honored and humbled when AudioPhil asked me to be one of the beta tester/evaluator for the beta version 1.3(b20) for the next release of his Audiophile Optimizer.

I am really pleased to post these comments/findings after some serious listening to the recordings listed in this review.

Equipment used in my evaluation:

Single computer – Streacom FC5-OD Fanless case, Asus P8Z77-M Pro motherboard; Intel i7 3770t CPU; G.Skill low latency RAM (16 GB); Samsung 840-Evo Pro SSD; PPA Studio USB audio card; 200 watt Pico ATX PSU, Teradak dual rail 200 watts linear PSU

O/S Windows 2012 R2 (Core mode)

JRiver 20 (ASIO mode)

JPlay 5.2.1 (Xtream engine)

dBPoweramp 15 ripping software

Amplifier: Parasound A21

DAC: B.M.C. PureDAC

Speakers: Magneplanar 3.6R

Cables: Electra Glide State of the Union(SoTU) power cables (DAC and Linear PSU); Synergistic Tesla T2 power cables (Amp and power distribution unit), Synergistic XLR Resolution Reference MKII, Synergistic Research Signature 10 Bi-wire speaker cables, B.M.C. Pure USB1 USB cable; Power Outlets CruzeFirst Audio “The Maestro”; (All Synergistic Research MPCs modified by Michael Spallone)

One very important note; follow the Audiophile Optimizer installation PDF documentation to the letter, the BIOS setup is really important to get the very best sound that your computer will produce.

Do not deviate from any setting in the installation guide.

Audiophile Optimizer (AO) setting: Ultimate mode; Sound Signature: 2 Digital-Filter Mode: D; HPET: Enabled; all settings were selected as recommended in the options. This new version is very granular and will definitely give the best sonic signature you can achieve from your computer audio.

Listening report:

Evaluated the most recent version 1.30 (20b)

After listening (selected AO Ultimate setting), here are my findings. In order (IMHO)

1. Improved clarity

2. Better upper midrange (left side of the piano keyboard i.e. bass cleft notes sounded fuller than before)

3. Improved speed and attack

4. Improved dynamic range (soft to swell)

5. Improved layering

6. Improvement in the air around the instruments and singers

This is now past analog sound, all I hear is music, and there is not the slightest hint of any digital edge or artifact, pure unadulterated music.

Tracks listened to that totally blew me away:

Eric Clapton - Unplugged CD – “Layla” and “Old Love” Guitar strings sounded better in this Optimizer release, more body and slam

Willie Nelson – Always on my Mind CD – “Do Right Woman Do Right Man” Very revealing, excellent soundstaging

Gillian Welsh – Time (The Revelator) – “Revelator” Acoustic guitar sound is to die for

Casandra Wilson – Another Country – “O Sole Mio”, unbelievable sound, sucks you into the performance

Three Blind Mice Volume 1 – “Aqua Marine”, this audiophile recording shines like never before

Jacintha – Here's to Ben; A Vocal Tribute to Ben Webster – “Danny Boy”. The deep breaths she takes before the words is so revealing that I had goose bumps

Jacques Loussier Trio - The Bach Book; 40th Anniversary Album -"Brandenburg Concerto No. 5 in D major" Drum solo had the ultimate speed and attack.

Those tracks were astounding, the PRaT is perfect IMHO, never heard them played like that before…ever!!

Liszt Piano Sonata in B Minor by Alan Gampel) <b>Alan Gampel:</b> Chopin & Liszt Piano Sonatas-Mapleshade

The Piano is bigger and definitely fuller than before, really close to the Grand Piano sound now, through my Magneplanar 3.6R.

As a footnote, I must add that the new version that I tested is significantly easier for folks who may struggle in core, read the changelog.txt. There is a wealth of information that will tell you about some really nice shortcut commands (just type ao from any prompt to launch audiophile_core.exe shell, st will launch the service_tool.exe shell). Plus there are explanations of what the options you are choosing when you are stepping through the optimizer menu.

Music Server: Streacom ST-FC5WS-Evo chassis, ASUS H87M-E, modified with PPA Studio MoBo Clock Upgrade, Intel Core I7-4770t, 16 GB G.SKILL F3-10666CL7D, SOtM tX-USBexp, sCLK-EX, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0 (Final), JPlay, Fidelizer 8.x, Windows Server 2019 Core mode

Digital to Analog Converter: Mutec MC-3+ USB, B.M.C. UltraDAC

Amplifier:Sanders Magtech Monoblocks; Loudspeakers: Magneplanar 3.6R, Vandersteen 2Wq Subwoffers

Music player: Roon

Al,

Thanks for the positive comments.

The Audio-PC has three internal SSD drives one 120 GB for O/S and JRiver, JPlay, dBpoweramp, and A/O

Other two drives in a RAID 0 configuration where the music is stored (RAID 0 for best performance)

Cheers!

Music Server: Streacom ST-FC5WS-Evo chassis, ASUS H87M-E, modified with PPA Studio MoBo Clock Upgrade, Intel Core I7-4770t, 16 GB G.SKILL F3-10666CL7D, SOtM tX-USBexp, sCLK-EX, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0 (Final), JPlay, Fidelizer 8.x, Windows Server 2019 Core mode

Digital to Analog Converter: Mutec MC-3+ USB, B.M.C. UltraDAC

Amplifier:Sanders Magtech Monoblocks; Loudspeakers: Magneplanar 3.6R, Vandersteen 2Wq Subwoffers

Music player: Roon

It works only with Microsoft MediaCenter (eHome) devices. I bought an IR receiver for 14$, USB, eHome, Lenovo. Works like a charm :-)

It should work with all eHome compatible devices. This one is what i have: NEW Lenovo Ehome RXX6000 40 USB RC6 IR Remote Media Center Receiver | eBay

Phil: Would you be sharing the video of setting up Harmony Remote as mentioned. You say this part will be hidden, what does that mean, we will not be able to use this function of controlling JRiver with remote? Thanks.