IGNORED

LUMIN - Audiophile Network Music Player

On 9/20/2019 at 7:50 AM, knecht said:

I know Amazon Music HD was just launched. Are there any plans to add the service to Lumin?

Since the only current viable means to play Amazon Music HD to Lumin is via AirPlay, Firmware 11.7 improves AirPlay playback by significantly reducing audio dropout in less-than-perfect WiFi network.

Peter Lie

LUMIN Firmware Lead

Hello,

I´m the happy owner of a D1 + Sbooster Mk II.

When turning down the volume of the streamer from 100 to 99, sound gets shortly interrupted, as if the streamer would be switching something. This happens only if I´m upsampling to DSD / 24.

Is this normal?

Thanks,

@Tiano Yes this is normal.  At volume 100 you're listening to pure DSD mode of the WM8741 DAC chips in Lumin D1 / D2 / T1 / A1.  Changing the volume forces a mode change of how the DAC chips process DSD.  This mode change causes the behavior you observed.

Peter Lie

LUMIN Firmware Lead

• 2 weeks later...

@wklie Is there a reason why information is removed from the track name in the LUMIN app? I’m working on my review of the X1 and ran into this. See screenshots below. In the top screenshot from the Qobuz app, tracks 1 and 2 have more information than in the LUMIN app. This is very important info as the entire sound of the track is different in this case. 

F749731B-7D2F-4A00-9146-5F298378D919.png

2C5D6FF5-42C4-4016-8020-3C4D0341FA9A.png

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

8 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

from the Qobuz app, tracks 1 and 2 have more information than in the LUMIN app

I tested this and got the same Lumin display as your screenshot.  We just display the metadata retrieved from Qobuz API, so this is quite strange.

I'll look into this further when I can get back to the office tomorrow.

Thanks for reviewing the LUMIN X1!  I'm looking forward to it.

Peter Lie

LUMIN Firmware Lead

On 11/13/2019 at 3:14 AM, The Computer Audiophile said:

I’m working on my review of the X1 ....

Very good news. With my X1 arriving in a few days, I will be very interested to read your review. Hopefully you will be able to include some comparisons with a few comparable DAC/streamers, such as the Ayre QX5, Mytek Manhattan II and - especially - the DCS Bartok. 

First post, I just bought an S1, and I am having a strange problem with USB drives, and I cannot find an answer in this or any other forum. I will be setting up a NAS, but do not have one yet. I have tried 3-4 drives, both powered and not, with exFAT single partition, and NTFS Single partition. I have one drive that works fine and does not exhibit the problem. The problem with all other drives is: I can browse the folder structure on the drive just fine for a limited time. It is fast (with NTFS), and plays music fine. After about 5 minutes or so of browsing the drive folders, the app suddenly stops showing the folder contents. The little circle rotates for a few seconds, then disappears, and there are no contents displayed. This will happen even on a folder that worked just fine a few seconds ago. I can still communicate with the S1, to turn the display on and off. If I power cycle the S1 via the app, it sometimes starts working again. Sometimes I have to hard power cycle the S1. The S1 is at SW 11.6, App is 6.1.11, and IOS at 13.2.2.

Thanks for any advice!

23 minutes ago, rossb said:

Very good news. With my X1 arriving in a few days, I will be very interested to read your review. Hopefully you will be able to include some comparisons with a few comparable DAC/streamers, such as the Ayre QX5, Mytek Manhattan II and - especially - the DCS Bartok. 

I don’t have any of those. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

@Tubefan Browsing large directly connected USB HDD can be slow.  Please connect those drives to a computer (if you don't have NAS yet), and run the free MinimServer:

https://minimserver.com/installing.html

In Lumin app, choose MinimServer as the library.  This way you will gain album and artist views, etc.  Most importantly, browsing this way is much faster.

Peter Lie

LUMIN Firmware Lead

I am considering a U1 mini as a hopeful upgrade from a UltraRendu?  I have a Small Green computer SonicTransporter which has 2tb of internal SS HD storage that I would like to continue to use for my library. The i5 specifies network DLNA protocol. If the i5 is plunged in my lan network will a Lumin see the i5 library? Is the U1 Mini a audible upgrade from a UltraRendu? 

TP-LInk 1200 WiFi router>Transparent Audio ethernet cable>Innuos PhoenixNet Switch>Muon Pro ethernet cable>Muon Pro>Grimm Mu2>AudioQuest Dragon XLR>NAD M23> Falcon 2024 Limited Edition LS35a & REL T7Xi sub. Synergistic Research Atmosphere Excite SX powers cords>Puritan Audio 156 pwr conditioner W/Ground Master City.