IGNORED

LUMIN - Audiophile Network Music Player

10 minutes ago, rodrigaj said:

What if the change and Minimserver rescan was done to correct a metadata mistake, for example an album or composer name.

If the album count is not changed after MinimServer Rescan, the Lumin app Update Music Library needs to be invoked manually.

Peter Lie

LUMIN Firmware Lead

• 2 weeks later...

How do you remove icons from radio stations that are not supported anymore? They still appear in Lumin App with "not supported" in their titles, but they do not appear on the MacOS web page.

Lumin A1 Options> Internet Radio Setting>Update Radio Channels does not remove them.

Years ago I signed into TuneIn and put a bunch of stations into my Favorites. I've since cleaned up Favorites, updated the Lumin and these still appear as unsupported.

"The function of music is to release us from the tyranny of conscious thought", Sir Thomas Beecham. 

10 minutes ago, wklie said:

Please double tap iPad home button, swipe away the Lumin app.  Power cycle the A1.  After it's booted up, then launch Lumin app again.

They still appear.

"The function of music is to release us from the tyranny of conscious thought", Sir Thomas Beecham. 

That's odd.  The radio channels are retrieved from the TuneIn account favorites at boot time - these are not saved to Lumin internal storage (unlike the current playlist) and therefore cannot survive power cycle.

Peter Lie

LUMIN Firmware Lead

I tried starting up Lumin App with the Lumin A1 off. Confirmed that the TuneIn icon was not on. Then switched the A1 on, watched the Tunein icon come back on. The "Not Supported" stations are still there. Checked my Tunein account via Firefox on my iMac and the unsupported stations are not there. I'm not sure what else to do.

Dear

i own a Lumin U1 Mini, i've had A1 and T1 in he past, and one question with TIDAL:

Why when i play TIDAL vs NAS streaming the sound is more loiad? Is it normal?

Is there a way to normalize for both?

Thank you.

Ciao Stefano.

[br]Lumin T1 - Transrotor Darkstar - McIntosh MA7000 - Synology NAS - Magnepan 1.7 - PS Audio P10 Power Plant.

Some Tidal albums may not necessarily have the same volume or use the same master as your CD rips.  Lumin does not offer volume normalization, but Roon does.  Lumin is Roon Ready so you can take advantage of Roon features.

Peter Lie

LUMIN Firmware Lead

5 hours ago, wklie said:

Some Tidal albums may not necessarily have the same volume or use the same master as your CD rips.  Lumin does not offer volume normalization, but Roon does.  Lumin is Roon Ready so you can take advantage of Roon features.

Great do you know where i can find this feature in Room (just download an evaluation but i cannot find).

Thank you.

Ciao Stefano.

[br]Lumin T1 - Transrotor Darkstar - McIntosh MA7000 - Synology NAS - Magnepan 1.7 - PS Audio P10 Power Plant.

56 minutes ago, smolteni said:

Great do you know where i can find this feature in Room (just download an evaluation but i cannot find).

Thank you.

Click on the speaker in the bottom right corner, then click on the cogs.

image.thumb.png.b826c4221cd2abd9ca0c1e1eb4e1402c.png

(1) holo audio red (hqp naa) > chord dave > luxman cl-38uc/mq-88uc > kef reference 1
(2) simaudio moon mind 2 > chord qutest > luxman sq-n150 > monitor audio gold gx100
56 minutes ago, smolteni said:

jcn3 thank you

i've to activate Volume levelling... but this option can degrade QOS?

the volume leveling would have to be done in the digital domain, so technically the output wouldn't be bit perfect.  now whether you can tell a difference is another matter -- give it try and see what you think.  i'd trust your ears.

(1) holo audio red (hqp naa) > chord dave > luxman cl-38uc/mq-88uc > kef reference 1
(2) simaudio moon mind 2 > chord qutest > luxman sq-n150 > monitor audio gold gx100

When trying to set up a new to me U1 I get a "Network Error" on the screen and the U1 is not seen by the Lumin iPad app nor by Roon.  The U1 is connected by ethernet to a local D-Link switch then to a router.

My music files are on a Qnap NAS running minim-server that I just installed.  The Lumin app and the minim-server communicated and loaded all my music to the app.  Is there a reset process for the U1?  I've tried power cycling the U1, the DAC and the switch a few times.  Thank you.

I just finished power cycling everything in the network from the modem, router, switch and U1 as well as swapping ethernet cables and ports on the local switch including known working ethernet ports and wires and still get "network error" on the screen.

13 minutes ago, tubes59 said:

get "network error" on the screen

This indicates the Ethernet physical link is not detected or Lumin cannot get an IP address from the router DHCP server within a certain time limit.

Please look at the network LED at both the switch port and the U1.  If the network LED at either side is off, please try a different network cable at a different port of the switch.

Peter Lie

LUMIN Firmware Lead

Could you temporarily bypass the D-Link switch and try a direct network connection from the router to the Lumin (perhaps temporarily move it closer to the router)?

The router needs to have DHCP server enabled (by default).  Do other network devices get dynamic IP addresses fine?

Peter Lie

LUMIN Firmware Lead

Ok, the Lumin U1 is working now!

I ran a 25 foot ethernet cable from another switch in another room to the U1 and it works fine so there is something going on with the switch at my audio rack.  Interestingly, before I did that I did put the Lumin U1 in the place of another working device at my audio rack switch (my dac) using it's working ethernet cable and the Lumin was still not working. 

Thank you both for your quick help!