Anthony is best known for playing guitar for Diana Krall but he is, for me, even better solo. Album is Power of Nine. A rare treat; I'm friends with the producer of the album and we have identical systems so for once I know almost (room differences) exactly what the producer was hearing.

Happy listening.

Audio Research DAC8, Mac mini w/8g ram, SSD, Amarra full version, Audio Research REF 5SE Preamp, Sutherland Phd, Ayre V-5, Vandersteen 5A\'s, Audioquest Wild and Redwood cabling, VPI Classic 3 w/Dynavector XX2MkII

Been away too long, shame on me. :-(

For my penance I choose missing this thread. :-)

Boston! "More than a Feeling" is a beautiful song, but "Foreplay / Long Time" nearly stops my heart. :-)

Tonight I join goldsdad in this thread with:

Artist: Teaser and the Firecat

Album: Cat Stevens

This recording is off-the-hook! If you have any appreciation of the Singer / Songwriter genre, give this one a spin!

Shunyata Power -> 2011 Mac Mini -> OYAIDE NEO d+ FireWire -> Weiss DAC 202 -> Dual Mono McIntosh 2102 -> 2x Double Shotgun Clear Day Cables -> B&W 803D

Tony Joe White - One hot July

Wow, this man shows emotion. Mostly with tears. Track 10 (Ol' black crow) is the exception. There he's happy.

Great album.

Lush^3-e      Lush^2      Blaxius^2.5      Ethernet^3     HDMI^2     XLR^2

XXHighEnd (developer)

Phasure NOS1 24/768 Async USB DAC (manufacturer)

Phasure Mach III Audio PC with Linear PSU (manufacturer)

Orelino & Orelo MKII Speakers (designer/supplier)

Peter Gabriel:

Up

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio

Charles Mingus' music never fails to entrance me.

Jazz magic!

Once again, shuffle mode reminds me of a musical treasure that I need to listen to all the way through.

Best regards,

Barry

www.soundkeeperrecordings.com

www.barrydiamentaudio.com

Artist: The Dead Weather

Album: Sea of Cowards

Artist: Drive By Truckers

Album: Brighter Than Creation's Dark

On deck (if I can stay awake):

Artist: Kenny Garrett

Album: Beyond The Wall

Digital: Schiit Yggy + Gumby, Meridian Explorer2

Headphone: Woo WA22, Audez'e LCD3, Beyerdynamic T1

Amplification: Pass Labs INT30A, Focal 1027be

Analog: VPI Classic, Soundsmith Zephy, EAR 834P

LastFM: WharfRatJustin

And since I'm still up album #2 of the evening.

Laurie Anderson, Homeland

If you haven't heard any of her stuff and you like eccentric humorous, sad, negative, light, life story-telling with similar in kind music and sounds you should give her a try. "Mister Heartbreak," is an early good one, "Homeland," is her latest.

If this was more than you wanted to read you should have skipped on to the next entry, don't be blaming me for your faux pas, or is it four paws?

Chris

Artist: Anna Calvi

Anna Calvi: debut album 2011

Sounds very "Quentin Tarantino"! He's my favourite director and this is mostly because of his knack for the right music. Jackie Brown, anyone?

Fully Balanced Differential Stereo: Jamo R909 < Emotiva XPA-1 < XLR < Emotiva XSP-1 < Weiss DAC2 < Oyaide d+ FW400/800 < iMac < Synology DS1815+ NAS

Software: Amarra Symphony iRC, XLD, iTunes.

Wall of arms - the Maccabees

English indie, their second album and I think they are maturing well as a band.

Old mac mini -itunes- amarra jnr- kimber USB -peachtree nova- mordaunt short floorstanders- active minx 300w sub[br]Sounds alright to me

Artist: Danger Mouse

Album: Rome

Wow - not really the kind of music I'd seek out, but very cool album.

Digital: Schiit Yggy + Gumby, Meridian Explorer2

Headphone: Woo WA22, Audez'e LCD3, Beyerdynamic T1

Amplification: Pass Labs INT30A, Focal 1027be

Analog: VPI Classic, Soundsmith Zephy, EAR 834P

LastFM: WharfRatJustin