peter gabriel, "peter gabriel" (III)

Now back to the soldering iron...

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio

Indigo Nights / Live sessions (2008)

Including a funky version of Led Zeppelin's "Whole Lotta Love"...

The CD was part of a coffee table picture book that my Nicole gave me for my birthday last year. So sweet! BTW: Prince was in Gent last week for a double outdoor city gig. He and the NPG performed from 8:30 to 11:30 PM! We loved the show, though I still find that he was in better shape still, last year, both on the outdoors in rural Werchter and indoors in Antwerp...

Fully Balanced Differential Stereo: Jamo R909 < Emotiva XPA-1 < XLR < Emotiva XSP-1 < Weiss DAC2 < Oyaide d+ FW400/800 < iMac < Synology DS1815+ NAS

Software: Amarra Symphony iRC, XLD, iTunes.

The Amazing Rhythm Aces, "Too Stuffed to Jump," and "How the Hell do you Spell Rhythum?"

A perennial favorite for 30+ years (the original 1975-80 group). County rock with a bit of humor and touches of jazz, honky tonk, rock and hard country. Great country road driving music.

To sum it up, as they say "It ain't enough that your legs are long, I need a little lovin from your soul." Or very close to that.

-Chris

I just downloaded Bob Holroyd Afterglow from Society of Sound; great ambient music to listen to before going to sleep.

@ ksjeff: Bill Evans complete village vanguard recordings is very fine.

Macmini (as server)-> AE Express/SB Touch-> Dacmagic plus -> Outlaw RR2150 -> PSB Image T6 (dedicated 2 channel audio system)

Macmini (via toslink)-> NAD T747 -> PSB Imagine B/SVS SB2000 subwoofer (home theater)

Macbook Pro-> Peachtree idecco->PSB Imagine Minis, Energy ESW-M8 subwoofer, Beyerdynamic DT880 (home office)

IMac->audioengine D1 dac->airmotiv 4 (work system)

Album: Last Days of the Century

Artist: Al Stewart

But which century? With good old Al, you can never tell.

But the guitar work and lyrics are always mind bending and utterly fantastic.

I always find the flute work on Helen and Cassandra particularly appealing. It fits the music so well.

The album also includes as demo cut of Ghostly Horses of the Plain with some guitar work that sounds better than the version that made the album. Wish I could play with feeling like that. :)

Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat DAC.

Robert A. Heinlein

Holly Cole's Holly Cole. Voice, aside, the SQ of the HDtracks download is superb. Ahmad Jamal Trio's Argo Sessions continues to satisfy beyond description. Dr. John's Right Place Right Time is the right stuff. Computer audio has brought a new and impressive level of listening and enjoyment into my life. I've started transferring my whole collection highly motivated by the outcome that awaits and getting there is just as good.

Best,

Richard

Charles Lloyd Quartet, Mirror

CL is a Master!

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio

Valhalla dancehall - British sea power

This album seems to be a grower, goes from in your face rock to dreamy and engaging.

Skying - the horrors

Just checking this out, really liked primary colours so hope this album is just as good.

Old mac mini -itunes- amarra jnr- kimber USB -peachtree nova- mordaunt short floorstanders- active minx 300w sub[br]Sounds alright to me

Artist: The Iguanas

Album: Nuevo Boogaloo

Digital: Schiit Yggy + Gumby, Meridian Explorer2

Headphone: Woo WA22, Audez'e LCD3, Beyerdynamic T1

Amplification: Pass Labs INT30A, Focal 1027be

Analog: VPI Classic, Soundsmith Zephy, EAR 834P

LastFM: WharfRatJustin