3 hours ago, Nikhil said:

Thanks for this, I also enjoyed reading the review. The Guardian has even chosen the album to be their jazz album of the month :

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2018/jun/29/jazz-album-of-the-month-john-coltrane-both-directions-at-once-the-lost-album

Reminds me somewhat how some years ago (don't remember exactly what year that was but this wasn't a particularly interesting one in music) I came to the conclusion that my personal 2 albums of the year were 'new' (not issued earlier) recordings of Trane and Miles :)

@christopher3393 Explaining my post. Over a year ago you recommended lots of interested early music on 'My Essential Classical Albums' thread. In particular Marcel Peres was a true discovery for me. I know you know a lot about this period. My question is - have you discovered some early music albums worth checking out during the past year?

2 minutes ago, Nikhil said:
1 hour ago, sphinxsix said:

My question is - have you discovered some early music albums worth checking out during the past year?

Have you heard these two Bill Evans albums? 

Interesting story behind both these sessions as well

I'm a big fan of Bill Evans. I haven't heard them (yet!).

As for my question that you quoted - by 'early music' I meant:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Early_music

(I assume that you missed the word 'early' cause BE was definitely born too late to be included in this music 'genre' :))

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Hugo9000 said:

An interesting little video of him choosing a Steinway:

A subjectivist's choice :) Just like the final 'SQ' check and fine-tuning at Steinway factory - done just by listening to the instrument. I bet most musicians and instrument makers would be very surprised by the fact that some people rely heavily on measuring gear.. But I don't want to start again the discussion as old as the (audio) world here.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...