4 hours ago, Musicophile said:

All of it? I’m impressed. 

3 hours ago, AnotherSpin said:

It is a single CD selection of instrumental parts from Der Ring.

Yes, these are orchestral excerpts. I was highly impressed but it was too late yesterday to comment on it. I will do it on 'My Essential..' thread now.

1 hour ago, Musicophile said:

What do you think of this? I typically often struggle with reconstructions

I would say I quite liked it. With the emphasis on 'quite' - it will probably not be one of my favorite JS's albums. BTW I also wasn't convinced (yet.?) with Schiff's Schubert album I posted a couple of days ago but I think it was mainly due to the sound of his (own) instrument. Somehow Steinway D (or a similar instrument) is my personal 'gold standard' as far as the piano sound is concerned. For now :)

10 hours ago, Daccord said:

I have to agree about the sound of the piano. Furthermore, I streamed this via Tidal (CD quality) and couldn't get through it all due to the distracting soft clicking noise - almost like a distant metronome. Did you notice that? If you want to check again, listen around 5 minutes in to the first track.

I'm pretty sure this is noise caused by some mechanical parts of the instrument.

32 minutes ago, Musicophile said:

Tried this for about 5 min, but as much as I love Podger it just sounds wrong. 

I agree. I don't know, for me it probably sounds superficial, lacks depth.

BTW I had a chance to check out Casals recent hi res remaster. For such an old recording, SQ is simply astonishing!

I'm actually listening to Handel's solo piano pieces for the first time in my life. IM(very, very)HO Smirnova plays this material in a really beautiful way with great sensitivity and with lots of subtle expressive nuance. I like her 'timing' (is this word used in the field of classical music.?). And of course ECM sound is never a bad thing.

image.png.c22f529feec0171b911fc1cc188e6e10.png

3 hours ago, AnotherSpin said:

It may be interesting to compare with Keith Jarret's album with Händel suites on the same label.

I remember your recommendation of this recording, I will surely do it. BTW thanks for your suggestion to check out Beth Gibbons in Gorecki's symphony on 'Your Favorite Youtube..' thread. This is something ..different.

51 minutes ago, Boy Howdy said:

Folks:

Just a procedural suggestion:  Please include a link or source annotation so that readers can find your wonderful music.  For example, on this page, there are three submissions, two of which don't show up in a couple of searches through retail music sites and aren't available on Tidal.  I understand that if I keep searching, I will (probably) find them but you already have a viable source.  Please save me some time.  Life is short and I spend too much time screwing around on the web as it is.

Thanks,

Mike

I'm pretty sure you didn't have a problem with finding 'Unifony' as (just checked it) google points directly to (linking just in case) :

http://www.unifony.com/

You can get 24-88 version also here:

https://unifony.bandcamp.com/album/unifony-high-res